• Worsfold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Voss

• Ratten

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A who's the worst coach thread without Mark Harvey in it. That's like Pavlich without his superman cape.

No Harvey = Failed thread.
Harvey has turned our club around in terms of playing style, culture, drafting and player development.

He'll be AA coach at this rate.

Also if you think you get two home finals just for finishing in the top four you're thicker than i thought.

So if Freo finished top, played at home then lost, where would their next game be?

Where will our first game be when we finish fourth?

Top two get two home finals genius, not top four.

Own yourself much? Isnt the top 2 in the top 4, gimp?

Your statement was 'you don't get 2 home finals for finishing in the top 4'. Have another pipe genius.

Own yourself much? Isnt the top 2 in the top 4, gimp?

Your statement was 'you don't get 2 home finals for finishing in the top 4'. Have another pipe genius.

So the top 2 is the same as the top 4? Wouldn't have thought so. Its like you're saying every team in the finals gets two home finals if you finish in the top 8, because the top 2 is in the top 8.

My statement was you don't get two home finals just forfinishing in the top four. That one word makes a bit of difference.

You probably weren't alive the last time Carlton made the top four though so I can understand that you may not realise there is a big difference between top 2 and 3rd and 4th.

So the top 2 is the same as the top 4? Wouldn't have thought so. Its like you're saying every team in the finals gets two home finals if you finish in the top 8, because the top 2 is in the top 8.

My statement was you don't get two home finals just forfinishing in the top four. That one word makes a bit of difference.

You probably weren't alive the last time Carlton made the top four though so I can understand that you may not realise there is a big difference between top 2 and 3rd and 4th.

You go ahead and believe your own tripe.

Shit, i thought it was still a top five.

Interesting comparisons with the 4 dudes all in their 3rd years* as senior coaches (*excluding any games in charge as caretakers)

RATTS
Win/loss: 31-29
Ladder finishes: 11th, 7th
Current position: 8th
Finals: 0/1
List: 33 new players

HARVEY
Win/loss: 23-37
Ladder finishes: 14th, 14th
Current position: 4th
Finals: 0/0
List: 33 new players

KNIGHTA
Win/loss: 23-1-36
Ladder finishes: 12th, 8th
Current position: 12th
Finals: 0/1
List: 28 new players

BAILS
Win/loss: 12-1-47
Ladder finishes: 16th, 16th
Current position: 11th
Finals: 0/0
List: 28 new players

Make of that what you will.

I'd suggest Bails gets off far too lightly in these discussions. The poor list excuse is relevant but surely can only go so far, considering that suggested poor list played finals 3 out of the 4 years before he took over how far behind Freo could they have been? If the list was that much poorer than Freo's as Bailey's W/L record suggests, then he hasn't brought in anywhere near enough players over the last 3 drafts and he should have started coaching from the bench about 60 rounds ago. Deserves a bit more scrutiny and would be getting it if he coached a bigger club.

The surprise for me is Ratts, superior W/L and has brought in as many new players as Harvey's rebuild.

Melbourne have been one of the most improved teams this year. Bailey has finally turned it around and I believe he is getting the most out of his list.

Ratten's team is littered with high draft picks who should be in their prime and secure in the 8, but they'd be lucky to make it at this rate.

Fremantle have been one of the most improved teams this year. Harvey has finally turned it around and I believe he is getting the most out of his list.

EFA

Ratten's team is littered with high draft picks who should be in their prime and secure in the 8, but they'd be lucky to make it at this rate.

They have a handful of high draft picks yet to hit their prime, a handful of mercenaries, a heap of middle order draftees and no spine. He's done ok. Malthouse would have them top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is not an argument.

They have a handful of high draft picks yet to hit their prime, a handful of mercenaries, a heap of middle order draftees and no spine. He's done ok. Malthouse would have them top 4.
I pretty much agree, but they're one of the biggest underachivers in the league this year, Ratten has done little to ammend that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst coach in the league?

Back