Remove this Banner Ad

astrowizzle

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Nerrigundah
AFL Club
Essendon
So who as commentators can/could you not stand

For mine Bob Skilton was an oxygen thief. Just baracked for whoever Essendon played every time. His whiney piss ant voice just shat me
Didn't like Bruce Mcevaney either. Measured the kick
With ****ing what

Dwayne stinks, patronising AF.

Team 38 points down with 27 seconds to go kicks a goal “THEY'RE STILL IN THIS”

BT constantly gets player names wrong. The consummate unprofessional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

look, Jobe sucks an incredible amount. he really stinks. we have a lot commentators/media figures who got a gig because they played good football. And we have some commentators/media figures who we can say got a foot into the door because of their parents. Jobe manages to be both.

Dermie tries to pass off his drivel as intelligent. Daisy is trying to dumb it down so the majority of her audience understands.
Hand on, Daisy Pearce or Daisy Thomas?

I was thinking Thomas who I think is reasonable and I hadn't really noticed the number of words he does or doesn't use, but Dermie certainly dribbles plenty

look, Jobe sucks an incredible amount. he really stinks. we have a lot commentators/media figures who got a gig because they played good football. And we have some commentators/media figures who we can say got a foot into the door because of their parents. Jobe manages to be both.
Yeah he's not great. The mind works too quickly for his mouth to get the words out.

Richo and Daisy Pearce are deadset awful.

Joel Selwood, Jordan Lewis and Ling are up there too.

I don't really dislike anyone per se, but I prefer the 90s era for commentary, as they just called the game and had less special comments on Ch7 & 3AW, MMM etc. You need good quality callers to make the game more of a spectacle and they rely too heavily on BT these days for the entire scope of the AFL, at least Hudson is still going i guess.

I dunno, i mean, i really liked Rex, Shane Healey, Grybes, Bill Jacobs, Sam N...
just because they were exciting callers of the game, that's what i prefer over special comments, and i think they did a great job. Classic style callers of the game is way more exciting then lethargic special comments as the main show, like these days. Rex had a personality and his funny quotes were creative incorporated into the fast calling style.

Tony Leonard is the only one left who is really good at it. BT is ok, but he was better in the first five years as a caller. Hudson is ok. Does it well.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Worst commentators in your time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back