Opinion Worst commentators in your time

Remove this Banner Ad

BT
Dermie
Jobe
Brad Johnson
Darcy

I would rather listen to fingernails scrape a blackboard.

Last night I was driving back to where things all began for me and, before I had a rather long conversation on the car/phone Bluetooth, listened to the AFL football on the ABC.

Kelli Underwood was the most tolerable, and I actually thought she worked pretty well. Surrounded by Ling and Malthouse (who doesn't grind me as much as others) she was actually really colourful.

Last night I was driving back to where things all began for me and, before I had a rather long conversation on the car/phone Bluetooth, listened to the AFL football on the ABC.

Kelli Underwood was the most tolerable, and I actually thought she worked pretty well. Surrounded by Ling and Malthouse (who doesn't grind me as much as others) she was actually really colourful.

You know your not supposed to drink and drive "don't you"
:moustache: :moustache: :moustache:

Anyone on MMM as the call is all about the blokes calling the game and not the game.
This is true.
So what do you do - turn over to the most no-blokie station in ABC football … Then you hear Mick Malthouse’s whinny voice talking smack and you have to smash your radio to control your blood pressure.

That guy who ended up being a local politician in WA was shit
He'll be a state politician soon.
Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

Nahhhh Aussie bogan is Brayshaw, this is different
Brayshaw comes from a wealthy background and went to a private school. He drinks VB and listens to Cold Chisel to cosplay as a bogan

In a highly competitive field of dribblers, Derwayne and Darcy are my Gold and silver medallists. Hard to split the remainder for bronze , but BT is a strong contender. For some reason Brayshaw I find really irritating, his attempts to inject colourful phrases a la Cometti just serve to illustrate how far from the master he is.. Don't get to watch Fox that often so probably don't give Underwood as strong a vote as others who are subjected to that voice otherwise.
I get why some vote for Bruce, as his Buddy, Roughy, Cyril isms a few years back were truly nauseating, but back a few years he was better and he gets plus points for being a great caller at the Olympic athletics .

Last edited:
I can’t watch Selwood chat to the kids on the sidelines for that Auskick player of the year thing.

I have to mute it or change the channel, it’s so cringy.

Granted it would be a bit of a tough gig, it just makes me squirm in my seat.
Surely can't be as cringe inducing as hamish was?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is hard not to appear misogynistic when stating that you don’t like her commentary because she is one of only a few females.

Sarah Jones, Kate Loughman, Abby Holmes are great. Sarah Jones is one of the best I reckon although none of them actually really call the games. I actually thought Daisy was pretty good too. She clearly understands the game.

Yep. Like Daisy's comments.

Not footy, but with the Olympics just gone, Dave Culbert's voice makes me physically sick.

Not from his knowledge on aths...but just from his non stop pile on, on EFC during the saga when ever he could.
Oh my god Scrappy, that campaigner led the charge, he did not stop. After every loss we have , I unfortunately say to myself “ at least that campaigner culbert will be happy”
Absolute maggot. I would love to cross paths with that prick.

Oh my god Scrappy, that campaigner led the charge, he did not stop. After every loss we have , I unfortunately say to myself “ at least that campaigner culbert will be happy”
Absolute maggot. I would love to cross paths with that prick.
Happy?... after the last 15 years we have had, I'd say this campaigner is delirious!!

So who as commentators can/could you not stand

For mine Bob Skilton was an oxygen thief. Just baracked for whoever Essendon played every time. His whiney piss ant voice just shat me
Didn't like Bruce Mcevaney either. Measured the kick
With ****ing what
I loved Bobby Skilton because he sounded like Emler Fudd.
Dermot Bweweton was gold!

I cannot stand DWAYNE!!!
I think I just block the others out, but can't do so with Dwayne.
"like shelling peas".......
I placed him as my worst commentator when watching the last game of Hawthorns Paul Puopolo and Ben Stratton and he mentioned they were "2 of the greats"!!!! Even Hawthorn supporters thought this was a horrible call.

I cannot stand DWAYNE!!!
I think I just block the others out, but can't do so with Dwayne.
"like shelling peas".......
I placed him as my worst commentator when watching the last game of Hawthorns Paul Puopolo and Ben Stratton and he mentioned they were "2 of the greats"!!!! Even Hawthorn supporters thought this was a horrible call.

Someone has mentioned it earlier, but jeez he exaggerates doesn't he.

A good, solid contested mark - "that's got to be one of the marks of the year". No, it doesn't Dwayne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Worst commentators in your time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back