Worst Songs of 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or has mainstream pop music become incredibly lazy? I don't go out of my way to listen to this shit but when it comes one when I'm out and about, I just hear these half-arsed attempts at "music". There's just no effort in it, so many songs just have one word repeated ad nauseam, have incredibly lazy production or a singer who just sounds incredibly bored and is only there for easy money. Mainstream pop has never been thoughtful but at least songs used to have catchy hooks from time to time. Some of this shit is just unlistenable.

Is it just me or has mainstream pop music become incredibly lazy? I don't go out of my way to listen to this shit but when it comes one when I'm out and about, I just hear these half-arsed attempts at "music". There's just no effort in it, so many songs just have one word repeated ad nauseam, have incredibly lazy production or a singer who just sounds incredibly bored and is only there for easy money. Mainstream pop has never been thoughtful but at least songs used to have catchy hooks from time to time. Some of this shit is just unlistenable.
And then you realise it takes about 10 people sitting around to write that crap. And that all the "music critics" all say it's great.

Go have a look at local bands if you want good music. It's not on the radio anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of them just follow the same formula to create a pop song with the use of 10 songwriters, producers etc. Look at Beyonce's new album she has used numerous of writers to create one song.
13 writers for the song "Hold Up" including Beyonce and 3 producers. Pretty much standard throughout the pop industry now.

Plus you know the same 4 chords.

Most of them just follow the same formula to create a pop song with the use of 10 songwriters, producers etc. Look at Beyonce's new album she has used numerous of writers to create one song.

Most of the credits on her album are from samples.

so Beyonce doesnt actually write her own songs? Maybe she writes one or two lines.

She co-writes them, a lot of people that work with her are surprised by how much involvement she has. She does all the vocal production herself too.

She's not for everyone but she has much more involvement in creating her music than the majority of mainstream artists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst Songs of 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back