Worst stadium you have ever been to watch the footy and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

I went down to Kardinia Park in 2003 for the last game of the year - never again! I know this was before the upgrade, but it took forever to get there, the locals were rough as hell, and we stood up all day on the dirty concrete steps of the outer - unbelievable in the modern AFL! Having traveled to plenty of old VFA and VFL suburban grounds now, I am less horrified now than I was then, but still.
The old end at Simonds Stadium is pretty grungey still. The ticket gates are ages from the stands, everything is open air, and the toilets are essentially rows of troughs. The novelty'd wear off if you were a Geelong member, but a trip there once a year is a good pilgrimage. It's nice to have the option of suburban, 80s footy – even if it's just one end at one ground.

Of the current (occasionally) used ground Manuka,woeful viewing at ground level, as for grounds from a past era Waverly, in the middle of no where, antiquated facilities and when the wind was blowing ****ing freezing.

Coming from Perth, those of you whinging about Etihad sound a little spoilt to me. Try sitting on wooden benches at Subi with not enough leg room for a 12 year old, massive queues for the toilets and food. It's always a luxury to visit Melbourne and go to the G or Etihad, pay about $20 for a great seat (can't get a rubbish seat at Subi for that price), atmosphere, banter, love it. Can't wait for the new stadium in Perth.

haha wait until you go to TIO Stadium. Stinking hot, if you are one of the lucky 5000 to get a seat in the grandstand, you have to squish in, no leg room at all, usually sitting next to some sweaty mess. If you aren't one of the lucky people to get a seat in the stand, you have to find somewhere on the grass to sit or stand and not have the yobbo in front of you fall back onto you or poor his beer all over you. not to mention we are going through all that to see Port Adelaide and Western Bulldogs year after year

haha wait until you go to TIO Stadium. Stinking hot, if you are one of the lucky 5000 to get a seat in the grandstand, you have to squish in, no leg room at all, usually sitting next to some sweaty mess. If you aren't one of the lucky people to get a seat in the stand, you have to find somewhere on the grass to sit or stand and not have the yobbo in front of you fall back onto you or poor his beer all over you. not to mention we are going through all that to see Port Adelaide and Western Bulldogs year after year

Its all yours mate

Nobody says you have to go to the games.

Nobody says you have to go to the games.
I'd go and watch it even if it was on a cow paddock. We are lucky to get two games there a year, considering how small our population is and how hot the conditions are compared to the other capital cities in Australia. I make the most of it and go and see them, just in case clubs stop wanting to play here

The old end at Simonds Stadium is pretty grungey still. The ticket gates are ages from the stands, everything is open air, and the toilets are essentially rows of troughs. The novelty'd wear off if you were a Geelong member, but a trip there once a year is a good pilgrimage. It's nice to have the option of suburban, 80s footy – even if it's just one end at one ground.
Hasn't worn off for me. When I'm there I actually feel like I'm at the footy.

yes, for the Prelim..it felt a lot like that! but we are replacing Subi, not embracing it
South Australia is embracing AAMI? :confused:
Here I thought there was NEVER going to be another AFL game there again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously you guys have never been to the Gravel :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queenstown_Oval,_Tasmania

r791882_6897744.jpg

**** that!

Optus Oval is quite possibly one of the biggest shitholes on the face of the earth.
its a bit harsh to compare the old club grounds to modern stadiums, although optus oval is very dated now days when compared to the modern first class stadiums of the MCG, etihad, optus oval was buy far the best of the old suburban club ovals, in Melbourne, it had the most seats, cover & best facilities, nearly all those club home grounds, you where very lucky to get a seat at, you would have to get there a couple of hours early at the start of the 2nd's game

I'd go and watch it even if it was on a cow paddock. We are lucky to get two games there a year, considering how small our population is and how hot the conditions are compared to the other capital cities in Australia. I make the most of it and go and see them, just in case clubs stop wanting to play here

Good to see another Territorian!

Excluding part time AFL grounds, worst I've been to Etihad. Place has no atmosphere, not sure what you call them but the walkways around the ground on all three levels surrounding the ground with food/beverage outlets are way to cramped (even during relatively small prices) and the price of food/drink at the place is ridiculous!

Ammii Stadium...Crap location, Crap setup with long walks to the bar and poor food services
It's not even an AFL Stadium.
You don't see people here *****ing about WACA Ground which would take the title of worst ground....

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst stadium you have ever been to watch the footy and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back