FTA-TV Worst TV show of 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

This year, I don't recall any spectacular flops among the Australian shows in any genre.

In 2015, Channel 7 launched an infamous and expensive reality show flop - Restaurant Revolution; while Channel 9's expensive and heavily promoted Gallipoli TV Miniseries to commemorate the 100th Anzac anniversary sank without trace, but I don't recall any like that this year. Did any new Australian shows fail badly upon debut this year?

Let's not forget: "Brock" - this has to be the worst mini-series of the year. God damn awful shite it was. The only thing I liked about it was reading everyone tear it apart on twitter.

From the trailer, we could go back to back with 'Hoges'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Walking Dead, without a doubt. From the Negan cliffhanger to whatever that Tara episode was, it has sunken to new lows.

Man with a plan. Kevin can wait. Fuller house. Walking dead getting worse every week.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Don't watch commercial television so that wipes out 80% of nominees but 'Pacific Heat' is as funny as cot death. Considering it's the Working Dog people it's very disappointing.

Anything with Charlie Pickering and that bald guy who now has his own quiz show because of Pickering too.

The most disappointing TV show of 2016 was Showtime's Billions. Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis playing the lead characters in a premium cable drama sounded ****ing fantastic. It really wasn't.

The tone was often Downton Abbey with swearing by which I mean the drama was perpetually undermined by quips, jokes, needy humour. Nearly every scene had something 'funny' in it. And I don't mean to say dramas can't be funny - most of the great ones have humour in them - but it works when it occurs naturally as part of the story unfolding, not because there's an executive directive to put something 'funny' in every 2 minutes so dumb campaigners don't get bored.

There was also an office romance plot that was garbage. It was a damn shame because it was otherwise pretty well made but overall, presumably in search of a bigger and less thoughtful audience, they served up something that could've been on NBC/CBS minus the swearing and occasional nudity.

And the best part was when people in the show's BigFooty thread got shitty at me because I didn't think it was the best thing since sliced bread :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Worst TV show of 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back