Wtf is wrong with the coaches in the afl

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I completely agree, I think it's remarkable that they've turned it around from 2006 with essentially the same key players. It just shows that a dominant team can always come from left field and surprise you. Back then it seemed as if WC and Adelaide would dominate for at least 5 years.
in 06 when the cats finished 10th, they were no where to be heard about as the next team to challange the top, it was all about the interstates back then wasnt it...damn why could back to the future happen to me!? :D:rolleyes:

I said that well before thomas, and my friend said it well before me.

its so bloody frustrating, because the slightest bit of pressure and geelong crumble, if the dogs had of kicked straight in that 5-10minute period at the end of the 3rd, they would have won

What a bunch of crap. The Dogs kept sustained pressure on us for the majority of this game. I didn't see us crumble, did you? We still took the game on, took risks and generally used the ball well. The pressure kept coming and we absorbed it.

Sometimes I wonder if people watch the same game that I do.

its so bloody frustrating, because the slightest bit of pressure and geelong crumble, if the dogs had of kicked straight in that 5-10minute period at the end of the 3rd, they would have won
I'm not sure you can say that. How do you KNOW geelong wouldn;t have lifted (as the did last year when Colllingwood got in front)? You can't say with any certainty that Geelong would have lost if the dogs kicked straight.

Anyway, woulda, coulda, shoulda. They didn't and we're in the granny.

At least tonight has confirmed one thing:

Essendon 2000 / Brisbane 01,02,03 >>>> Geelong 08

Talk about cracking under pressure, the Dogs undoubtedly lost the game tonight rather than Geelong winning it. During the 3rd quarter, the Cats were made to look absolutely second-rate, no two ways about it. Dogs just didn't have the cattle to finish.
Mate, this is clearly a troll, and I shouldn't bite, but I have too.

You do realise that Brisbane LOST a final in '03? Or did that slip your mind? And Essendon 2000 may be better than Geelong, but if we win next week, that would be 2 flags. How many did that Essendon team win again?

How quickly people seem to forget and only remember what they want.

Geelong have the same players as they did in 05, 06, when they were considered shit! only a couple of inclusions..eg selwood and ottens..
so im STILL dumbfounded as to why this team is so bloody good!!!

They were still a young side back then, still developing and still maturing. Most players don't hit their peak until around 27 years of age, and alot of Geelong's players have reached that age.

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah

You are a genius!

hahahhahahahahahaha

Goven the standard of your posts, I am suprised you can string two words together let alone divise a game plan to defeat an AFL team which is currently on the best 45 game streak of all time!

Even your own Hawks BF fans are embarrassed by you!!! hahahahahahah

At least tonight has confirmed one thing:

Essendon 2000 / Brisbane 01,02,03 >>>> Geelong 08

Talk about cracking under pressure, the Dogs undoubtedly lost the game tonight rather than Geelong winning it. During the 3rd quarter, the Cats were made to look absolutely second-rate, no two ways about it. Dogs just didn't have the cattle to finish.

essendon didnt half crack in 99 and 01 did they?

and facing the mighty demons in the 2000 grand final must of been hard. Im not sure how you draw any conclusion like that last night and when geelong win next week surely essendon 2000 falls further behind giving the so called super era only got one flag.

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah

You are a genius!

hahahhahahahahahaha

Goven the standard of your posts, I am suprised you can string two words together let alone divise a game plan to defeat an AFL team which is currently on the best 45 game streak of all time!

Even your own Hawks BF fans are embarrassed by you!!! hahahahahahah

Who is a genius?

Rule No.1.

When on Big Footy forums, the urge to strongly disagree with a post from another person can arise.

If you feel the need to be sarcastic and call them a genius, you should always check your spelling.

This would then allow you to not come across as even a bigger tosser then the original post.;)

Fool.

Who is a genius?

Rule No.1.

When on Big Footy forums, the urge to strongly disagree with a post from another person can arise.

If you feel the need to be sarcastic and call them a genius, you should always check your spelling.

This would then allow you to not come across as even a bigger tosser then the original post.;)

Fool.
Consider this.
This would then allow you not to come across as an even bigger tosser than the original post....
Pot Kettle Black??

i guarentee you if hawks win tonight they will be premiers. difference with them and geelong is they have alot of good clearances players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong flood the backline the oppostion kicks the ball around the perimeter then boots its straight to geelong how about MANNING UP ON THEIR FLOOD AND TAKING THE GAME ON. the doggies took em on and started to smash em last night.

i guarentee you if hawks win tonight they will be premiers. difference with them and geelong is they have alot of good clearances players.

If you mean to say Geelong has the better clearance players then, yes, you would be correct.

But if you're saying what I think you're saying... where's the LOL icon?

I genuinely believe that if the hawks can get past the saints, then they can beat the cats.

Both the hawks and cats have awesome clearance players.

Hawks forward line is much better, but cats have a better outside gamebreaking midfielder in ablett (yes I realise he can do it inside too).

It might come down to who comes out on top in terms of the hawks forward line vs the cats backline, as I think the midfields are evenly matched.

This is assuming the hawks win tonight.

The coaches tactics will be critical to the result as well.

haha thompson might have to coach for once! ;)

appears many can smell the cats carcass.

wonder if many hawks players watched last nights match and are thinking same. if they're already thinking about next week, then we can pencil in cats vs saints for next week right now.

let me also remind people about how close the cats came to being bundled out in the prelim final last season..........

Geelong flood the backline the oppostion kicks the ball around the perimeter then boots its straight to geelong how about MANNING UP ON THEIR FLOOD AND TAKING THE GAME ON. the doggies took em on and started to smash em last night.

That's the way to beat geelong i believe.

None of this aimless banging the ball into the forward 50.

Handball and take the ****ing game on.

Easier said that done though, as one on one geelong have huge bodies, and tackle ridiculously well.

In terms of structure though, that's what i would be doing, coz geelong do flood well defensively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf is wrong with the coaches in the afl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back