WWE Name Change

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Glenelg, Redbacks, Lakers
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE wrestlers will now be referred to as "entertainers" and the product will be referred to as "entertainment" instead of "sports entertainment".

What the hell are they doing? Do they want to lose more fans?

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE wrestlers will now be referred to as "entertainers" and the product will be referred to as "entertainment" instead of "sports entertainment".

What the hell are they doing? Do they want to lose more fans?

If anyone stoped being a fan because of this name change then they weren't a fan to begin with.

The laws in regards to pro wrestling and the athletic commission are ridiculous so I understand the change. Not that I care too much but I can also get why some fans are turned off by this kind of thing. Vince is just an anal retentive control freak who obviously doesn't like being seen as a wrestling promotor as opposed to being an entrepreneur. As long as the product on TV doesn't change too much there's really nothing to worry about though.

If anyone stoped being a fan because of this name change then they weren't a fan to begin with.

Why? They have moved more and more to being an entertainment show and are appealing so much to little kids that it makes me sick. This change is just more evidence of that. I want my wrestling to have more of an adult theme, you just don't see any serious story lines anymore. Remember the days of the NWO destroying everyone in their path? Those days are over.
I can't believe Vince. You would think he would want to honour his father and grand father by being proudly all about "wrestling".

Why? They have moved more and more to being an entertainment show and are appealing so much to little kids that it makes me sick. This change is just more evidence of that. I want my wrestling to have more of an adult theme, you just don't see any serious story lines anymore. Remember the days of the NWO destroying everyone in their path? Those days are over.
I can't believe Vince. You would think he would want to honour his father and grand father by being proudly all about "wrestling".

Odd after the year has been dominated by The Undertaker wanting to kill Vickie Guerrero and one of the most serious feuds in years - HBK/Jericho.

I don't have a problem with the change, so long as they don't try and shove it down our throats like they do with "WWE Universe".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two of the main fueds of the year have been as violent and adult as they come.

The old days of wrestling revolved around crazy gimmicks and was as much aomed at kids as this era has been.

Anyone who says the old days arent as good as today then ur wrong ... go hire a few WCW and WWE tapes from 97 - 2000 era and u will see how good it was back then compared to todays crap

^ Agreed. I still like wrestling, but I don't watch any WWE anymore because it's a piss-poor version of what used to be. The WWF has had bad patches over the years (95-96 etc), but this creative recession has been going on for almost 10 years, in my opinion. I loved the last half of 97, with the gang wars (especially the Hart Foundation) and early DX, Stone Cold's fued with Owen Hart, the first Hell in a Cell etc. Things like DX's fued with Sgt. Slaughter really pushed things at the time, and it came off brilliantly.

98 was a great year as well, with the Stone Cold vs Vince fued ending up as one the great storylines in WWF history. I also remember the huge buildup to the IC title match at summerslam, with a months long fued between DX and the Nation. They made the IC title to be something prestigious, however, from 99 onwards, the WWF started giving IC title shots to anyone. The thing was changing hands from week-to-week and any credibility it had vanished.

From 99 onwards, the WWF have continued to do this with all their titles. After years of this, these belts don't mean shit compared to what they used to. It may sound a bit over the top, but if there is nothing of much worth for the characters to strive for, it all makes the whole thing feel pointless.

I know this is just one small point in a long list in what's wrong with the now WWE today, but to me, this is where it all started to go wrong. The WWE needs a rethink, creatively in my opinion.

I think Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman should come back and play some sort of backstage role ..

Vince is getting boring imagine is Bischoff and Heyman were there wed have WWE,WCW and ECW all in the one show would be great

I think Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman should come back and play some sort of backstage role ..

Vince is getting boring imagine is Bischoff and Heyman were there wed have WWE,WCW and ECW all in the one show would be great

Vince would still control everything, so it would make no difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE Name Change

Remove this Banner Ad

Back