WWE SummerSlam, Sunday 4th August 2024, 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes
He has as much charisma as a plank of wood. The only decent Shield member was Dean Ambrose - there's a reason why the internet calls him Roman Bores and also Seth is known as Seth Borings
Jason Bateman No GIF by Emmys

So was Cena, what have you got to say about that then?

He has main evented 9 mania's, that not a main eventer?? Spare me!!!

Not all wrestlers can have 5 star matches and do flips like todays generation froff over, ring psychology still plays a part in wrestling today.

A lot of our all time favorites couldn't carry matches, sorry they don't have 5 star ratings Melzter

John Cena got over naturally and then he got shoved down our throats after he became a star.

Roman was manufactured because he was Rocks ‘cousin’ and everyone shat on him. Then he went away to make a movie because he was sick and suddenly it was wrong to boo him anymore…

John Cena got over naturally and then he got shoved down our throats after he became a star.

Roman was manufactured because he was Rocks ‘cousin’ and everyone shat on him. Then he went away to make a movie because he was sick and suddenly it was wrong to boo him anymore…
I remember in the 2014 rumble he got over naturally but you're probs too young to remember

And when he did go away back in 2018 and came back in 2019, people still boo'd him after, even when a face

The WWE has something for everyone.

I'm a fan of Roman Reigns, but I get the hate as well.
The Bloodline stuff has been compelling viewing for years. It raised the profile of anyone that got involved. The Usos became even stronger than they once were and had deeper stories. Just look at how over Jey is now.

I didn't care that Roman wasn't there every week, that's not important to me like some others. In fact I think it made him stronger, and the matches more meaningful. I anticipated the screwy finishes like everyone else and was happy to see them continue. Once again though, I do get why others don't see it my way.

The hate for Roman is/was real, and that's OK. After all, he is/was the top heel!

Now we're going to get a proper Bloodline civil war, this time with Roman as the face. Roman's return and subsequent beat down of Solo will be massive. Fans are already chanting for it!

As for Cody, I'm not a huge fan, but his build to finally winning at WM was incredibly well done. He got way over with the fans due to smart booking, great promos, and decent matches. He's the right guy to hold the belt for now for sure.

How funny is the Summerslam preshow stuff. With all the money deals and connections they are still do this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, other sporting events pad the hell out of their events with commercials and have even longer pre-shows.

When you're trying to get fans too, not the worst idea either TBH. eg: Far less justification for long lead in to the AFL GF or Superbowl IMO which has one match.

Arguably second biggest PLE behind Mania. Pretty harmless stuff IMO.

Admittedly I haven't been keeping up much lately but outside of Punk vs Drew there isn't much that interests me on that card. Why so many singles matches?

I will still watch and probably enjoy the show.

Admittedly I haven't been keeping up much lately but outside of Punk vs Drew there isn't much that interests me on that card. Why so many singles matches?

I will still watch and probably enjoy the show.
Because the tag team division has been flat since they split the titles at WM.

I've bolded my predictions/hopes:

Damian Priest (c) vs. Gunther (World Championship)
-
It's obvious to me at least that Triple H is a huge fan of Gunther, as am I. So he's probably going over, but I think it'll be a pretty decent match all the same.

Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Solo Sikoa (WWE Championship)
- I can't see them putting the strap on Solo yet, Cody retains despite of some Bloodline shenanigans, possibly leading to Roman returning

Liv Morgan (c) vs. Rhea Ripley (Women's World Championship)
- This is a pure guess, but I can see Dom trying to 'help' Rhea, ultimately costing her the win, and then Dom and Liv revealing it was all part of a plan.

Bayley vs. Nia Jax (WWE Women's Championship)
-
I don't think Bayley isn't leaving Summerslam with the title, But Nia Jax isn't (hopefully) winning the title. I can see Bayley retaining, after taking a beating, then Tiffany Stratton cashing in her MITB contract.

Logan Paul (c) vs. LA Knight (US Championship)
- This is pure hope, because I can't stand Logan Paul. And not in a "he's a heel so you're supposed to dislike him", he just f...<<input error>> me up the wall.

Drew McIntyre vs. CM Punk (Seth Rollins as special referee)
- I can see this going either way, actually. I can see CM Punk winning, assuming he doesn't get injured during the match. Or I can see McIntyre winning after Rollins accidently costs Punk the match in some way.

Sami Zayn (c) vs. Bron Breakker (Intercontinental Championship)
- Yeah, Bron wins the IC title here.

It's been a long time since I've predicted a WWE PLE, so if nothing else, I'll be able to laugh at my woeful predictions post-PLE.

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE SummerSlam, Sunday 4th August 2024, 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back