WWE SummerSlam, Sunday 4th August 2024, 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with your picks, but Bayley/Nia and McIntyre/Punk feel very 50/50

Agreed, but I'll add a personal opinion behind the Bayley/Nia match. I don't really think that Nia needs the Women's title. Kind of like Kane and Mark Henry, who did get proper title runs later on in their careers, Jax, despite the fact I don't like her, could be like a boss to defeat during a face's title reign.

I'm including Punk's AEW run, but I think the last 5 matches he's had, he's actually gotten injured in some way/shape/form. But, I picked McIntyre more as a personal preference.

Smackdown's developments has made me think
That Roman Reigns might make a return at Summerslam

I've bolded my predictions/hopes:

Damian Priest (c) vs. Gunther (World Championship)
-
It's obvious to me at least that Triple H is a huge fan of Gunther, as am I. So he's probably going over, but I think it'll be a pretty decent match all the same.

Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Solo Sikoa (WWE Championship)
- I can't see them putting the strap on Solo yet, Cody retains despite of some Bloodline shenanigans, possibly leading to Roman returning

Liv Morgan (c) vs. Rhea Ripley (Women's World Championship)
- This is a pure guess, but I can see Dom trying to 'help' Rhea, ultimately costing her the win, and then Dom and Liv revealing it was all part of a plan.

Bayley vs. Nia Jax (WWE Women's Championship)
-
I don't think Bayley isn't leaving Summerslam with the title, But Nia Jax isn't (hopefully) winning the title. I can see Bayley retaining, after taking a beating, then Tiffany Stratton cashing in her MITB contract.

Logan Paul (c) vs. LA Knight (US Championship)
- This is pure hope, because I can't stand Logan Paul. And not in a "he's a heel so you're supposed to dislike him", he just f...<<input error>> me up the wall.

Drew McIntyre vs. CM Punk (Seth Rollins as special referee)
- I can see this going either way, actually. I can see CM Punk winning, assuming he doesn't get injured during the match. Or I can see McIntyre winning after Rollins accidently costs Punk the match in some way.

Sami Zayn (c) vs. Bron Breakker (Intercontinental Championship)
- Yeah, Bron wins the IC title here.

It's been a long time since I've predicted a WWE PLE, so if nothing else, I'll be able to laugh at my woeful predictions post-PLE.

I'm thinking that's too many title changes. At best we'd see two... maybe 3, with the IC title seeming to be the most obvious. I think Priest will keep his belt, they're investing in him. Gunther only lost the IC belt at WM so probably looking at a beltless run for a bit before they look to put it on him. Solo ain't winning the WWE belt. Morgan definitely retains with Dom's turn on Rhea, seems too obvious now. Bayley may drop her belt, don't think Tiffy wins it though. Jax would take it. Knight seems like he should be given the US title here but I dunno, I think Paul retains and they can get more mileage from their feud. But would be a massive pop to have Knight win.

Punk and McIntyre match is probably more shenanigans for DM to lose again. Seems very Shawn reffing the Bret Hart/Undertaker match from SS97.

Of course, a lot of stuff you outlined is stuff I want to see, but I don't think they drop all those things in one hit.

Did I have title changes, other than a reajusment on Raw? OH?

Smackdown needs a face to chase that version of the Women's title, which they do not have, sadly.. Although people are gonna want smack Tiffany Stratton.

I explained that I don't like Logan Paul, not because he's a heel, but because he's a <<you going there again? syntax error>>

And everyone knows that Bron Breakker is winning..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE SummerSlam, Sunday 4th August 2024, 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back