WWE SummerSlam, Sunday 4th August 2024, 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought the RAW Women's Title match was well booked, but the popping in the shoulder spot was silly.

Breakker and LA Knight finally win the IC/US titles, was hoping they'd do it at Mania earlier, but Summerslam is also a good spot for both of them.

Bayley was boring as hell, but Nia Jax holding a title is just as bad. Would have just kept it on Iyo and got her to have some good matches.

Drew vs Punk was great, Punk saying Seth was wearing Sabu's pants was hilarious.

Gunther being world champ is great, wonder what happens with Judgement Day now, Finn is still a RAW tag champ with JD.

Cool to see Arn Anderson, but didn't care for the main event since Solo was in it, also not a Roman fan.

Felt like that was a pretty incredible show start to finish.

A lot of it was fairly predictable but executed in a perfect way. Multiple big story lines just got extra layers added.

Tanga Loa adding to his list of botches in WWE. First there was him missing his cue on his debut, then the botched low blow on Kevin Owens, and now this. Will be able to have an entire Botchamania episode dedicated to him soon if he keeps this up.

Loved Punk, Seth and Drew paying homage to Bret HBK Taker with their outfits. Thought it was an excellent match with good story telling. Didn’t think Punk looked gas and given it was his first match in a long time was totally fine.

Gunther/ Priest match of the night.

Felt the main event was the weakest match of the night. The Bloodline rules spoilt the ending in reality. Given the history you could almost argue they could do a 3 way war games match with Roman and the USOs vs Solos Bloodline vs Cody, Randy KO + 1.

Didn’t think Dom would do that “turn” thought it was going to be Finn who was revealed to be behind the Liv stuff but now it looks as though it’ll be Liv in the Judgement Day and Priest/Rhea out which was how everyone expected given Rhea was getting face reactions and Priest had starting acting like a face in recent times.

Feel like that was a mystique killing event for Ripley.

There are tonnes of way a badass character called 'The Eradicator' can react to betrayal. Sobbing like a pitiful loser in the ring isn't one of them.

They don't know how to book faces.
I mean in kayfabe her and Mysterio were a couple and she just got cheated on, no matter how tough you may be you're gonna be hurt by the one you love betraying you.

They've just made three massive babyfaces in Ripley, Priest and Reigns now. I don't know man, I can't remember the last time WWE had so many babyfaces who were red hot.

I mean in kayfabe her and Mysterio were a couple and she just got cheated on, no matter how tough you may be you're gonna be hurt by the one you love betraying you.

They've just made three massive babyfaces in Ripley, Priest and Reigns now. I don't know man, I can't remember the last time WWE had so many babyfaces who were red hot.

In kayfabe she's supposed to be the world's toughest woman, not another damsel in distress cry baby. Imagine Stone Cold crying after a loss. The undertaker has a good sob? Super Cena gets the kleenex out?

They're capable of getting people hot at the turn, do they stay hot?

Bayley fizzled out, they made Sami boring within like two months of him being the hottest thing in the industry, Becky was tepid at the end.

Great PLE that. Enjoyed OTCs return and the head nod like “you couldn’t do it without me”

Gunther set for a big reign as well and looking forward to watching the JD implosion unfold

Also YEAH! Good to see LA Knight win GOLD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were they a couple though? Is Dom really the heel in that role because Rhea essentially bullied him into the judgement day and the whole “toy” thing and bullied him the entire time. If anything it’s more she had it coming from day one that this day would happen..

Happy to see Roman return with the WM40 version of the theme. It’d a absolute belter

No way! Would of been much better a moment if his previous music hit. Not a fan of the new version!

Anyhow, fantastic event. Thoroughly enjoyed. Predictable but executed almost perfectly throughout.

I think this creates a great opportunity for a much needed reset as well. A lot of fresh stories to come.

In kayfabe she's supposed to be the world's toughest woman, not another damsel in distress cry baby. Imagine Stone Cold crying after a loss. The undertaker has a good sob? Super Cena gets the kleenex out?

They're capable of getting people hot at the turn, do they stay hot?

Bayley fizzled out, they made Sami boring within like two months of him being the hottest thing in the industry, Becky was tepid at the end.
I mean we can all have our opinions but Bayley and Zayn are still very much over with the crowds, so if we're going off live crowd engagement, I wouldn't say they've fizzled out, live crowds still dig them.

I mean we can all have our opinions but Bayley and Zayn are still very much over with the crowds, so if we're going off live crowd engagement, I wouldn't say they've fizzled out, live crowds still dig them.

Their reactions are far less than what they were: they're popular because of their legacies, not because they're well booked.

Fatu looks a genuine injury. Gee I hope it’s not him out for too long 😢
I wonder what the plan was had he not got injured. Was Roman going to take out him & Solo? It definitely looked like a genuine injury with how he tried to get up and just collapsed despite being 'with it'.

Tanga Loa adding to his list of botches in WWE. First there was him missing his cue on his debut, then the botched low blow on Kevin Owens, and now this. Will be able to have an entire Botchamania episode dedicated to him soon if he keeps this up.

Haha I rekon it's because of the eye patch that botch.

What a great show.

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE SummerSlam, Sunday 4th August 2024, 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back