WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird segment. Is Preist always such a rough promo?

I reckon his in ring promos are certainly a work in progress. He’s definitely rough compared to others in high positions.

Funnily enough I reckon his backstage promos /segments are much better. Whether they’re live or not I’m not sure.

I find Gunthers promos to be really impressive though.

The Rowan video/interview was done so perfectly. You could feel the raw emotion. Fingers crossed we get something similar for Lumis, Gacy & Cross.

They are doing exactly as I hoped, and are making the Wyatt Sicks actual real people behind the spooky stuff.

They might actually be able to pull this off!

Also, loved Bo’s multiple “YEAH YEAH YEAH” tribute to Harper.
The Rowan video was so good that I'm thinking they should've saved it for the end, assuming all members get videos. I don't know as much about their personal stories, but how can Nikki, Dexi and Gacy "top" that?

I reckon his in ring promos are certainly a work in progress. He’s definitely rough compared to others in high positions.

Funnily enough I reckon his backstage promos /segments are much better. Whether they’re live or not I’m not sure.

I find Gunthers promos to be really impressive though.
Yep pretty much thoughts as well

A few good comments online, saying the way Bo sold the beat down and the manic laughing, was very Joaquin Phoenix' Joker-esque.

They don't want you to believe he's this big unstoppable monster like Bray was, he's a different beast.

Convinces the true Chad Gable to show himself and hits him with the "There you are".
Bray was "Let me in", Bo is "I'll let you out"

Bloody hell, Erik Rowan package hit hard, felt like a fair bit of that was a shoot.

Good to see Gable with the Creeds. Great teaming... although the Wyatt stuffed is crawling along. I get they want to stretch out feuds more....but damn.

I've been a defender of Jey, I think he's improved his mic skills, but his in-ring performances have since becoming a singles guy have been underwhelming.

Wish Ilja and Sami were given more time.

Not a bad Raw though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again the little Russian man had zero crowd engagement - that main event was an absolute dud, and they cheered the only heel for ending it

He just has a different style to what you and these live audiences are used to.

This was an old school NXT or AEW workrate style match, and that's what most of Ilja's matches you probably look like.

He can do amazing things as an underdog and fighting-from-underneath babyface. Time will tell if he can get that on the main WWE roster.

He just needs some character tweaks which he’ll find & work out over time, and a story that people can get emotionally invested in.

He can be apart of all the great matches in the world but it won’t matter one bit if people don’t care why.

It’s always tough being a new face up off NXT, but he seems too talented to fail.

Some of the criticisms of Ilja are over the top.

Great promo work in NXT.

Doesn't help that he's been given the genetic NXT call up treatment and unless mistaken, all his matches on the main roster nave been in front of the casual US crowd which have been dog shit this year.

Feel like the reverse criticism should apply to guys like Jey, no point having the crowd pop like crazy if the in-ring stuff (the main point of watching wrestling) is substandard.

Some of the criticisms of Ilja are over the top.

Great promo work in NXT.

Doesn't help that he's been given the genetic NXT call up treatment and unless mistaken, all his matches on the main roster nave been in front of the casual US crowd which have been dog shit this year.

Feel like the reverse criticism should apply to guys like Jey, no point having the crowd pop like crazy if the in-ring stuff (the main point of watching wrestling) is substandard.

What do you mean by dog shit out of curiosity?

I find it an interesting take on your main point to watch wrestling. The in-ring stuff maybe the most important for you which is understandable, but for myself and I assume a lot of others, it’s like any other television show where it’s about the characters & stories. The matches, albeit important, are just a prop for the story.

Assuming one isn’t putrid or substandard in the ring, which Jey Uso certainly is not, having people pop and invest in your character is definitely the point.

As for the Jey Uso talk, he's grown on me the last few months.

Do I want him to be world champ? Probs not, but I reckon he's better where he is compared to when he was tagging with Jimmy.

Rowan: "I lost my other brother too... which meant I had no more family left"

Braun:
View attachment 2050329
Still don't get why he's not in the group.

What do you mean by dog shit out of curiosity?

For the most part, they've been pretty quiet, especially compared to the overseas crowds. There's the obvious reasons for that, but with the product being pretty good this year, they've lacked a tonne of energy.

I find it an interesting take on your main point to watch
Assuming one isn’t putrid or substandard in the ring, which Jey Uso certainly is not, having people pop and invest in your character is definitely the point.

Substandard was harsh on my part. Jey looks to be limited as a singles wrestler. Prepared to give him time though due the time he's wrestled with his brother. As a tag team with Jimmy he's great in ring.

RE: In ring vs story, don't get me wrong - it's very important, not playing it down at all. I wish there was a company that had a healthy balance on both sides of the coin. I suppose the main companies are prioritizing what there core audience wants which is fair enough.

I suppose that's why I'm probably enjoying both NXT and TNA a lot at the moment.

9698dc87-4632-46e9-8fa5-be2a1ea81267_text.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back