Xavier Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

To think I was pissed when we took Daisy ahead of Ellis.....

No deal.

lol...me too...it was Murphy and Ellis 1 & 2 then daylight apparently...Thomas kicks four goals in the TAC GF and we take him ahead of Ellis THEN we waste our #5 pick on that basketball/athetic type kid named Pendlebury...

Pissed me off...I couldn't believe we could get it so wrong...lmao

2005 was our "opportunity" to lock up Ellis. We will just have to suck it up and live with our decision to take those other two blokes!

hawthorn can keep him thanks. If he was sacked and on the free market, maybe think about it as a depth player but wouldn't give anything for him. I'd rather rookie list the Tuck kid, Travis I think, who had the drug issues last year. Tall hard strong inside mid desperate for a second chance.

Sign him for one year and let GWS take him.... We'll snag the compo picks instead... regardless of how crap they will be and still keep Cloke, Pendle, Wellers and co :)

lol...me too...it was Murphy and Ellis 1 & 2 then daylight apparently...Thomas kicks four goals in the TAC GF and we take him ahead of Ellis THEN we waste our #5 pick on that basketball/athetic type kid named Pendlebury...

Pissed me off...I couldn't believe we could get it so wrong...lmao

2005 was our "opportunity" to lock up Ellis. We will just have to suck it up and live with our decision to take those other two blokes!

I think we can live with our Descion from the 2005 Draft;)

Its not like he is a KPP that takes years to develop and will improve with age. His time has passed, he might have a good season or so in the future but nothing great. Pass.

Though there are probably some Hawthorn fans out there who seriously think he is a better player than Thomas or Pendles. :eek:

Having seen him in person a couple of times, it's entirely obvious why he's constantly injured. Has the body of a 15 year old girl.

He obviously has some talent, and with the right development could have turned into a poor man's Bryce Gibbs without the defensive side, but that ship's sailed I think.

No interest from me either.

come on surely you gest grasshopper :p

As we both know seems to go alright against the pies and young Daisy:thumbsu:

2008 - 28 possies
2009 - 23 and a sausauge roll
2010 - 21 and a sausage roll
all wins mind you and panced young Daisy.

rest assured wont be leaving the orks any time soon, plagued with injuries but keep an eye out for him come GF day in afew weeks...

Dont fret, i'll be reminding you before, during and after the game...

btw it's your shout..

2008 - 28 possies

rest assured wont be leaving the orks any time soon, plagued with injuries but keep an eye out for him come GF day in afew weeks...

btw it's your shout..

Cant wait to smash your mob people like you make it more enjoyable...

Back on topic, DO NOT WANT!!!!!!

2008 - 28 possies

btw it's your shout..

LOL.
Is he your new Stewwy Dew?

Collingwood could turn him into a good player and depth is important to have, especially after losing so many older players at the end of last season. He wouldn't be worth a lot in a trade though, and I think trying to get Marty Clarke if he returns to Australia is a higher priority.

im not quite sure what his contract status is but isn't getting a game at hawthorn so would you be interested ?. i for one am i think he is pretty skillful and would be very useful to the team

You are kidding aren't you!!! Learn from the Woewodin disaster, first criteria for being drafted to Collingwood "must not squat to piss"

Haha, remember the shit we copped around here when we overlooked this spud? Derek Hine you ****ing gun.

I'd take him in a Simon Buckley type draft situation though. In all honesty, I'd prefer Xavier Ellis in the team than Buckley anyway.
Buckley gives us the one thing that a player of his level and type must offer above all else - A strong, durable body that is almost always available when called upon.

Given that neither of the players would be best 22, the one who is available to play whenever the need should arise is signficantly more valuable - There's no point having a depth player who's always injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was super in the 2008 Grand Final but that's about all he's done. Injury aside, I don't think he fits into Hawthorn's best 22 and he wouldn't get a game ahead of any of our current midfield stock. Might attract interest from lower-ranked clubs but that's about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Xavier Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back