Roast Ya Gotta Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

When people dismiss or be critical of something automatically put of hand, when they haven't tried or experienced it.

Case in point, the recent Female Ghostbusters movie.. Many sooky man babies chose not to watch or view (their choice which is fine) but for months after it's release, those who didn't watch it kept on complaining about it anyway.

Well I took the plunge and bought the blu-ray, and you know what ? I loved it, it was a delightful, fun, charming and entertaining movie with a wonderful cast.

It really saddens me it flopped at the box office and there won't be a sequel, instead they are brining back the original cast, sans the late great, Harold Ramis as Igor, which seems pointless to me.

If you haven't watched it yet, I recommend it highly, especially if you have kids, I am not a parent, but this is a movie I am sure kids will love and be greatly entertained for a couple of hours..

Saddens me that many people (mostly men from what I have ascertained) will not entertain the thought of watching a beloved franchise with a female cast or lead.

Someone people need to open their eyes and embrace change, Doctor Who has been re-energized with a female Doctor.

Case in point, I used to hate (irrationally) Brocolli for years, even though I never ate it (it looked horrible and scary to me as a child) than i gave it a go a couple of years ago and didn't mind it.

Sleep deprivation is ******* me up. 12 weeks of not sleeping more than 2-3 hours straight is SHITHOUSE.

Mate, my Mother accuses me of sleeping too much, so I wish I could transfer some of my Homer Simpson/Yogi Bear snoring prowess to you.

Meditation, listening to music of waves crashing/ or forest chirping noises helps me when I cannot sleep (or putting on 3AW at the post midnight shift, hasn't been the same since the late Keith McGowan)
Without sounding like a Dr Phil expert, I suspect your lack of sleep may be related to anxiety about your new born blessing and perhaps (unfounded) self-fears about your baby and trying to protect your bub/look after him/her.

I would suggest you try be kinder to yourself and take about your struggles to even a stranger,if you still cannot find quality hours of sleep (I admit to calling Lifeline many times, just talking to someone who listens at my lowest ebb really gave me a spiritual lift)

Mind you, i am not saying that this is the case with you at all, but just the logical train of thought as a long term sufferer of anxiety took me.

Regardless, I wish you only positive/healing thoughts friend, and try be kind to yourself. You strike me, for some reason, as someone who is way too harsh on herself. Take care 💙💙💙

It’s definitely not easy (insert obligatory “it’s all worth it” here before I get called a bad mum).

Thankfully it’s not forever. Just harder this time around because I’m nursing so HBF can’t give me a chop out.
Can you express keep it in the fridge and HBF feed ?

Thanks guys but I’m sleep deprived because my tiny dictator wakes up every two hours demanding an offering of milk and cuddles.

Bit like my Cat Ruby, in that regard, she sleeps on my bed every night, and occasionally on selective nights, every few hours, she wakes me up meowing, demanding to be patted/cuddled more than anything else.

She is a 16 year old Tortie (Tortoise Shell) kitty, and she well gosh darn it, I love her to bits. Doesn't really compare to your situation I know, but taking care of a moody cat like Rubes can sometimes feel like raking care of a new born bub (from a certain point of view :) l

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gout, it's back, and I have been eating very well lately, and not drinking and I recently had a blood test and my kidneys are fine, so I have no idea why it reoccurs, maybe its genetic, my father had it, and my uncle (who is a Lifelong teetoallar) has it.

Happily I now have tablets to help curtail it, at its peak/worst Gout literally feels like having your toe smashed with a poking hot hammer, and makes sleep pretty much impossible if you are one of those folks who constantly tosses and turns during shut eye like I am.

heard it's as painful as a windy hill belting - my dad had it and had to lie in bed with his foot stuck out the window in case something even as light as a blanket brushed against it - he said if someone had have come past the window and given it a tweak he'd have ended his days in pentridge..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back