Yahoo Fantasy Hockey 2009/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Just noticed I'm playing JC#8 in two different leagues this week, but then noticed the massive difference in my two teams.

They're both very even match-ups, with me leading the BF one 6-5 and him leading the other one 7-5, but in the BF one I have 15 goals and 16 assists and in the other one I have a pathetic 3 goals and 8 assists. My studs across the two teams are similar (both have Perry and Nash who have been down this week). Meanwhile, JC has remarkably similar stats on his two teams despite his line-ups being very different.

I'm getting absolutely smashed this week, and after a night on the sauce, I forget to set my team. So now I got Edler (injured) and Perron (not playing) in, and Savard and Thomas among others benched. Blech.

God damn the Bruins. Seriously, GO **** YOURSELVES. Tim Thomas plays back 2 back so I'm thinking today that Rask won't get the start. Of course he does and he pitches a bloody shutout to make my misery worse.
at least you had broduer

im back in with a shot at the playoffs, a few weeks ago i was in relegation territory,

got some good results mainly thanks to my skaters who have been strong..and halak who was brilliant. If Fluery can pick his game pack up im chance at the 6 spot

not trading eric staal has paid off dividends now, hes come good of late

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fantasy's getting interesting heading into the stretch..

4 teams are virutally locked into the playoffs, That team, doof, Stellar Stastny and the swedish chefs..

with 5 teams competing for the last 2 spots, captain crash, touche duchene, peter sidoekiewicz, lethals devils and wolverines seperated by 13 pts with 5 matches left..

its gonna be a tight race for the last two spots..

interesting that only one trade has gone down this year..and it was a minor one.

I guess it shows in a 12 team league, most commisshes are happy with the depth they can acquire through free agents and are content to leave there team relatively constant...

i wonder if anyone will shake it up come the deadline...

The week you posted that little summary I ended up getting pummelled 10-1 making me less of a lock for the playoffs, but it was a solid bounce back this week. My goalies got two shutouts in three appearances and only let through three goals for the week (I benched both my NSH goalies vs. WSH ;)).

With only three more fantasy weeks to go the competition for playoff spots is really hot. The Top 3 (That Team, Doof and The Swedish Chefs) are safe. Good consistent performances from those three, who were all in the playoffs last season too.

Under that my team (Stellar Stastny) and Lethals Devils would be pretty stiff to miss, however it should be noted that we both have two Top 3 teams and one team in the battle for sixth, so it's a very tough run home. I'm really hoping for a solid 7-6 or something against That Team this week.

Touche Duchene, Captain Crash and Peter Sidorkiewicz are in a very intense battle for sixth spot. No doubt they'd all be keeping an eye on mine and Lethals tough run home, but the numbers at this stage show they're fighting for one spot.

Wolverines are neither here nor there. Can't really make playoffs, but doesn't look likely to fall into relegation zone. Mighty Pucks is firmly entrenched in last spot after giving up in December, which is a bit of a pity given he'd played every year for the last 3-4. Maddog and The 87's are pretty much a flip of the coin for the last relegation spot. Maddog with a much harder run home.

Wolverines could be relegated though as remember the bottom 4 play in the consolation playoffs in the first week.

Ovechkin won me the goals category this week by himself.

Last week before playoffs begin.

*1. That Team 335
*2. doof 304
*3. TheSwedishChefs 297
4. Lethals Devils 270
5. Stellar Stastny 266
6. Touché Duchene 263
7. Peter Sidorkiewicz 255
8. Captain Crash 253
9. Wolverines 243
10. The 87s 230
11. Maddog 220
12. The Mighty Pucks 184

Top 3 are safe with myself in 4th almost safe, would take a huge loss against TheSwedishChefs to fall out of the playoff race.
Peter Sidorkiewicz plays That Team and needs a win against a team rebounding from a loss.
Captain Crash plays Maddog and would be a very good chance to get the 6th playoff spot if they have a big win.
The game of the week would be the teams in 5th and 6th, Stellar Stastny and Touche Duchene. The winner is virtually guaranteed a spot, while the loser would be keeping on eye on the games of the 2 teams outside the 6 to see their fate.
Should be interesting final week.

Its gonna be hard for me from here..

basically im relying on That team to win and i need to win at least 5 more categories than touche duchene if he was to lose this week, and about 7 more than stellar stastny if he were to lose..

think ill struggle..but ive had fun.

if i come 7th by like 2 pts ill spew...i missed the playoffs in fantasy football by .03 pts this year, which is the equivalent of 3 rushing yards..it will be funny if the same thing happens:eek:

The last couple of spts could still go either way. Yesterday Stellar Stastny was 5th, followed by Captain Crash and Touche Duchene. After today's games it looks like Stellar Stastny has swapped spots with Touche Duchene with Captain Crash still in 6th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey 2009/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back