Mega Thread Yay I'm going to be a Parent - All blessed news re future hawks in here please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol never started bsg, always worry ill get hooked on shows.

I will say though, sometimes hitting a whole season within days gives a great feel and flow to the show.

I remember starting late on "the wire" and getting in the first season in a week. 'twas a great week. Fantastic show...

Get onto the wire phil, when all your nights are taken away...

Yep, The Wire is great. BSG is up there too. But, hey, this 'aint about tv...

Southern U just be patient as it will do your head in and remember if it goes full term then he/she is happy and healthy..

The wait is nearly over. Bub due yesterday, waters broke today. Got sent back home from hospital, but heading back tomorrow morning if labour hasn't happened naturally to get them to push things along.

Damn, I had no idea that waters breaking could be THAT full on. Bub must have been having a beach party in there. And it's still coming out!!

They wanted to send us home too after her water broke, but we persisted and they caved in. Lucky because 5 hours latter bubby was born.
Just be there for the good wife and let her stay calm and relaxed and most likely tomorrow you will be a daddy..
All best mate and keep us updated..

They wanted to send us home too after her water broke, but we persisted and they caved in. Lucky because 5 hours latter bubby was born.
Just be there for the good wife and let her stay calm and relaxed and most likely tomorrow you will be a daddy..
All best mate and keep us updated..

Thanks mate.
Fair to say, they won't be sending us home this morning. Just about to head off, labour started at 2am and has been firing up pretty quickly. Bonus when the midwives "find a bed for you". Gotta love the public system :)

Hopefully another little Hawk to the clan sometime today. Beyond excited now!

Thanks mate.
Fair to say, they won't be sending us home this morning. Just about to head off, labour started at 2am and has been firing up pretty quickly. Bonus when the midwives "find a bed for you". Gotta love the public system :)

Hopefully another little Hawk to the clan sometime today. Beyond excited now!
Wow, so lucky
All the very best!

Our baby was born via emergency c section last night at 10:46pm after a crazy day of labour, thrills and spills.
Still haven't been to bed in 40 hours and running on fumes now. Heading back at 9am LOL
Mum and baby Isaac Luke (Yes, after Hodgey!) are doing well, despite being absolutely knackered.
One journey over, a massive new one just started. My wife is deadset hard as nails!!!
Best day of my life!

Our baby was born via emergency c section last night at 10:46pm after a crazy day of labour, thrills and spills.
Still haven't been to bed in 40 hours and running on fumes now. Heading back at 9am LOL
Mum and baby Isaac Luke (Yes, after Hodgey!) are doing well, despite being absolutely knackered.
One journey over, a massive new one just started. My wife is deadset hard as nails!!!
Best day of my life!

Congrats to you both - glad to hear that mum and baby doing well and as you would expect, it's a boy who caused the problems.

Congrats to all the new parents

Best day of my life!

Well done mate. Big congrats to you and the family.

It's a primal experience going through childbirth, particularly as a bloke. I was in awe at the miracle that it is.

Enjoy the next few days. You will run on adrenaline and then hit the wall in a big way.

Best day of my life!

Congrats SU!! The wait is finally over. :) A wonderful strong name too. All the best over the coming days and weeks.

Best day of my life!
Congrats mate and best wishes to both you and your wife and of course the little bundle of joy.
You do have a whole new respect for the women after witnessing what they go through in the entire pregnancy and the birth.
Once again a huge congrats ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best day of my life!

Ha! My wife and I will be having a son on August 16th (planned C-Section), we have also chosen to name him Isaac.

Anyway, congratulations! Enjoy your sleep, and remember in a few days when your utterly exhausted from the stress of a new baby crying and not quite knowing what to do, that billions of people have pulled it off before you.

Ha! My wife and I will be having a son on August 16th (planned C-Section), we have also chosen to name him Isaac.

Anyway, congratulations! Enjoy your sleep, and remember in a few days when your utterly exhausted from the stress of a new baby crying and not quite knowing what to do, that billions of people have pulled it off before you.
Oh another Daddy to be..
Congrats mate..All the best for you and your Wife and the little bundle of joy...

Oh another Daddy to be..
Congrats mate..All the best for you and your Wife and the little bundle of joy...

Yeah, I've checked in on this thread a couple of times. We have 2 other children, and due to a number of circumstances this pregnancy has been highly monitored and we've held our breath for the 5 months or so, making sure all will be well with the baby. All is set now for the c-section, so we are relieved and happy. Anyway, congrats to you also.

Just got home this afternoon. Wow! What a fantastic bub we have.
Needs assistance with feeding because he falls asleep on the boob. We have to wake him up every 4 hours and feed him, he never stirs. He's just so placid and sleepy all the time. He sleeps, we wake him, give him the boob, change bum, have a cuddle, back to sleepy time. Rinse repeat We let him go 6 hours this afternoon due to a **** up with paperwork at the hospital and still had to wake him at home lol What a little champ!

After getting the idea from a midwife in hospital, I decided to have a shower with him this afternoon. Wow! Add that to the awesome moments scrap book. Little troll waited till he was dry from the shower and then did a poo for Daddy. Thanks mate, not handy after you're clean. LOL

Congratulations.
He'll have the run of Omith, the hardness of Hodgey and the goal sense of Broooost. Not a bad mix! :p

LOL

We did like the name Isaac because it means "he laughs" or "laughter" and we wanted a happy little baby.
As long as he doesn't pee like Punky has set shots for goal, otherwise I best ask for a mop and bucket for Father's Day! :D

Congratulations mate.
Really hope it goes great for you guys and your Isaac is a little champ like ours.

Note from my wife: "Ask the Dr's for Oxy and Endone as pain relief for the c-section post op"

Congratulations mate.
Really hope it goes great for you guys and your Isaac is a little champ like ours.

Note from my wife: "Ask the Dr's for Oxy and Endone as pain relief for the c-section post op"

Sounds like something I might like:p

How are all the new Dads going?
I'm struggling with no sleep tbh. The Wife is very tired and we sometimes have little dummy spits because she worries about me and I worry about a her.
Our little girl is an angel, but now I believe when everyone used to say get used to having no sleep.
Still waking on cloud 9 over being a Daddy to a beautiful little girl...

I'm struggling with no sleep tbh. The Wife is very tired and we sometimes have little dummy spits because she worries about me and I worry about a her.
Our little girl is an angel, but now I believe when everyone used to say get used to having no sleep.

You have no idea mac - it's only been a couple of weeks. Just as you get them into a routine of sorts along will come a temp, a tooth, colic - makes you wonder sometimes why you bother and then they smile

I'm frantically putting my life in order because I know in a few weeks we'll be in the same boat. Like I said earlier, just keep reminding yourself that billions of people have pulled this off and made it through those long interrupted nights.

Well it turns out that while you lot will be tuned into the big game on Friday, my wife and I will be off to the hospital for the birth of our son. It was a planned delivery so the date was set but not the time. I couldn't really ask them to wait a few hours. So it will be a good day no matter what. One of my best mates had a kid on the 27th of September 2008, and yes he is a Hawk fan. Didn't get to watch much of the game, he still reckons it was the best day of his life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Yay I'm going to be a Parent - All blessed news re future hawks in here please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back