Yjfl

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there ... they were good i must admit but.... for ivanhoe performances and players YET to come back... Heath out after being called up to play Chargers... they had an extremely flat day. the last quarter showed an increase of intensity and spirit and Surrey Park backed right off so let the season begin from now.. i can guarantee Ivanhoe Fitzroy Bulleen and Banyule the top 4 with Surrey Park to be the UPSET of one of those 4 teams or just missing out unfortunately...

Ivanhoe Vs Bulleen Grand Final rematch i believe Ivanhoe will win providing they play from the first quarter not the last... :thumbsu:

all the best to all teams:D
Doesn't look like Ivanhoe are much chop this year.. two relatively large losses in two weeks, maybe they got a bit ahead of themselves or were just lucky the first few rounds. You can't blame injuries for that much of a thumping

how unlucky has our St.Mary's div. 4 team been??? we have won 1 game and lost 3. we won by 7 goals, then lost by 7, 5 and then 3. Although, the next 3 weeks look promising because all three of them are 0 - 4 and two of them have percentage of 10 and 13, lmfao. CARN BOROUGH!!!
Odd that this team is in Section 4 this year as they won Section 4 last year ! The other team in the GF - Fitzroy 2 - went up. The grading in Colts is a disgrace.

Doesn't look like Ivanhoe are much chop this year.. two relatively large losses in two weeks, maybe they got a bit ahead of themselves or were just lucky the first few rounds. You can't blame injuries for that much of a thumping
Ivanhoe are a bit flat at the moment. There were only 4 players from last years Div 1 premiership that played in Sundays game. Hamish Paynter sat out the game and he is the best on their list (if not the best player in the comp - last year he won the Ivanhoe B. & F. in Div. 1 Colts as a lower age player - this was his 7th B. & F. at the club). He has yet to play this year. Heath O'Farrell who has starred this year played for the Chargers. Brunelli, Cotsworth, Jake Walsh and Gianfagna were all told not to play by Ivanhoe Grammars coach - IGS played on Saturday for the last time this season. Jack Chazan is out for the year with a knee injury. And the best lower age player Campese is also out. While the team has that many lower age kids in the team they will struggle against the better teams. Ivanhoe does not have the depth of clubs like Bulleen Temp. If they win enough games to make the finals and have access to their full list anything could still happen. The same happened last year when they won from 4th position.They should improve their position once the IGS players return in coming weeks.

Ivanhoe are a bit flat at the moment. There were only 4 players from last years Div 1 premiership that played in Sundays game. Hamish Paynter sat out the game and he is the best on their list (if not the best player in the comp - last year he won the Ivanhoe B. & F. in Div. 1 Colts as a lower age player - this was his 7th B. & F. at the club). He has yet to play this year. Heath O'Farrell who has starred this year played for the Chargers. Brunelli, Cotsworth, Jake Walsh and Gianfagna were all told not to play by Ivanhoe Grammars coach - IGS played on Saturday for the last time this season. Jack Chazan is out for the year with a knee injury. And the best lower age player Campese is also out. While the team has that many lower age kids in the team they will struggle against the better teams. Ivanhoe does not have the depth of clubs like Bulleen Temp. If they win enough games to make the finals and have access to their full list anything could still happen. The same happened last year when they won from 4th position.They should improve their position once the IGS players return in coming weeks.
Chris kingsford is a cutie

yeh great points, right on the money...although i believe there is some much needed change to take place in the coaching ranks..i heard JFK might be throwing his hat into the ring

Truthatlast, all we hear is how gr8 ivanhoe is and that they have lots of injuries, boys unavailable and "a bit flat" im sure all the sides are in the same boat
i have seen all the colts div 1 teams play and i agree fitzroy bulleen temp, ivanhoe and banyule are the top 4, by a long way.
bulleen temp lost to fitzroy and banyule, both good teams, but had 8 players out for each game. they only had 17 players against banyule and got an injury first qtr and played on with 16.
banyule look ok but wonder how they will go on big grounds not there tiny field.
fitzroy move the ball very well and are the best drilled team going around.
i watched the ivanhoe v bulleen temp game and ivanhoe had several players out and hamish ran on and off the field to qualify. but the ivanhoe outs may not add up to a 100 point floging.
bulleen temp have 6-8 players unavailable each week. they also have 2-4 players who are registered but unable to play due to school and or concentrating on vic metro duties
beverly hills are a good young team and will do well next year as will the colts2 st marys team. as for the st marys div 1 boys????
st damiens will struggle again in div 1 as they normally do and surrey park arnt much of a side either.
who have i missed out??

Congrats to the YJFL for winning 3 of the 4 grand finals in the Sherrin Metro Championships (U/14 & U/15), and making the GF in the other division. Very strong and deep group of boys in these age groups. Should be a couple of bumper drafts in a few years.

Colts Section 1 - Fixture for next 3 weeks.

15-Jul-07 Round 10
Fitzroy 1 V Bulleen Temp 1 at W T Peterson 3:00 pm
St Marys 1 V Beverley Hills B at Bulleen Pk No1 1:00 pm
Ivanhoe W V St Damians 1 at Bulleen Pk No1 3:00 pm
Banyule B V Surrey Park at Beverley Road 3:00 pm
22-Jul-07 Round 11
Bulleen Temp 1 V Banyule B at Bulleen Park W 3:00 pm
Beverley Hills B V Fitzroy 1 at Zerbes Reserve 3:00 pm
Surrey Park V Ivanhoe W at Bulleen Pk No1 3:00 pm
St Damians 1 V St Marys 1 at Binnak Park 3:00 pm
29-Jul-07 Round 12
Ivanhoe W V Bulleen Temp 1 at Ivanhoe Park 3:00 pm
Fitzroy 1 V Banyule B at W T Peterson 3:00 pm
Beverley Hills B V St Damians 1 at Zerbes Reserve 3:00 pm
St Marys 1 V Surrey Park at AK Lines Res 3:00 pm

2007 SHERRIN
METROPOLITAN JUNIOR
CHAMPIONSHIPS

GRAND FINAL
DIV 1
YJFL V WRFL
U/15
SAT 30th JUNE
VENUE: Casey Fields, Cranbourne
YJFL 8.11 (59)
WRFL 8.8 (56)
YJFL
BEST PLAYERS – Croft, Neville, McMillan, Doherty, Hawthorne, Powell
GOAL KICKERS – 3 Croft, 2 Treloar, Karnezis, Bradshaw, Batsanis
WRFL
BEST PLAYERS – Wallis, Conway, Huxtable, Schroder, Borzillo, Ryan
GOAL KICKERS – 2 Conway, 2 McLellan, 2 Evans, Schroder, Wallis

2007 SHERRIN
METROPOLITAN JUNIOR
CHAMPIONSHIPS

DIV 1
YJFL V EDFL
U/14
SAT 30th JUNE
YJFL 8.5 (53)
EDFL 8.4 (52)
YJFL
BEST PLAYERS – Mullins, Golds, McLennan, Woofindin, Hunter, Pearce
GOAL KICKERS – 3 McLennan, Soriano, Tyson, Morris, Purcell, Golds
EDFL
BEST PLAYERS – Cronin, Becker, Meroli, Talia, Maric, Horwood
GOAL KICKERS – Jacobs, Maric, Ellis, Cronin, Meroli, Chant, Sahlberg, Begeja

2007 SHERRIN
METROPOLITAN JUNIOR
CHAMPIONSHIPS

DIV 2
YJFL V WJFA
U/15
SAT 30th JUNE
YJFLL 10.17 (77)
WJFA 2.2 (14)
YJFL
BEST PLAYERS – Otten, Crisafi, Crocker, Vine, Jach, Lowther
GOAL KICKERS – 2 Johnson, Ledda, Peperal, Satur, Crocker, Ashby, Brannelly, McCormack, Otten
WJFA
BEST PLAYERS – Cunningham, Bonnar, Jenkins, Jamieson, Salama, McNamara
GOAL KICKERS – Cunningham, McNamara

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2007 SHERRIN
METROPOLITAN JUNIOR
CHAMPIONSHIPS

DIV 2
WJFA V YJFL
U/14
SAT 30th JUNE
WJFA 8.5 (53)
YJFL 4.11 (35)
WJFA
BEST PLAYERS – Cain, Rundle, Conte, Arnot, Mitchell, O’Beirne
GOAL KICKERS – 2 Mitchell, 2 Greene, 2 McDougall, Williams, Phillips
YJFL
BEST PLAYERS – Floudiotis, D’Amore, Taylor, Ferronato, Riggieri, Burgess
GOAL KICKERS – Smith, Tambakis, D’Amore, Howells

as a player in colts division one i have played against all of the teams in division one and i have to say looking at the comments beverly hills does not get the recognition it deserves. They have some very talented young players who have a lot of experience in finals and premierships so could surprise a few people. I still beleive Fitzroy, Ivanhoe and Bulleen Templestowe will be the main 3 contendors but beverly hills can cause a few surprises and will field a very strong team next year when their best players are available

Remove this Banner Ad

Yjfl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back