MFC Fans Only You Are a Melbourne Board Member

Do We Sack Neeld Tonight

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any conceivable reason after today that you could possibly vote no? Only thing I can think of is that it will cost us too much money to pay him out.

We should sack half the list while we're at it though.

Tough one. On one hand our financial situation wouldn't be helped any by sacking a coach(es) and who would we get to fill in? Craig? Viney? Who would coach us next year? I guess we'd have plenty of time to sort that out.
On the other hand, something needs to change. We've been ordinary for a while, but we seem to just be getting worse and worse each year/game/quarter. Errant kicking in the last by GC kept things a little less messy.
I'd vote no, for now, but there will be a lot of people who would be feeling under the pump (rightly so)

Is there any conceivable reason after today that you could possibly vote no? Only thing I can think of is that it will cost us too much money to pay him out.

Yeach exactly this. Would love to see him gone but i'm not sure we have the money to be firing coaches with 2 years left on their contract.

Yes. **** it. ****ing do SOMETHING. I want blood at this point, FD blood. Schwab is all well and good but I just need something to suggest that someone is actually considering the effect this is having on the supporter base.

Here's a reason: it would only send us backwards.

I just want some logic, what would sacking him achieve?

Here's a reason: it would only send us backwards.

I just want some logic, what would sacking him achieve?

Backwards? How much further is there left for us to go? Is not losing to the GOLD COAST SUNS by 60 points on your own home turf backwards enough for you?

I've been a Neeld supporter since the moment he walked in the door but even I can't find one good reason for him to stay after today. We have been as low as we can possibly be this year, sacking him won't make it any worse as we can't get any worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm trying to find reason to vote no but having trouble doing so.
Neeld is paying the price for previous incompetence on a multitude of levels for a period of about 10-12 years, he is charged with trying to change a piss poor culture with a group of players who are comfortable just being AFL players and the associated lifestyle this allows, and don't seem willing to grasp the opportunity to work towards improving.
I honestly don't believe anyone can change this club without being allowed at least 5 years to do so.
The first person who says an experienced coach could turn it all around quickly doesn't fully understand how far away we are.
Having said all that and still feeling given time he could turn it all around, I can't see how he can continue.
We need someone who at the very least can sell us hope and right now not enough of us are buying any from Neeld.

Neeld is the one who brought in these spuds - both players and support crew, he should be the one to endure this crap for the year. Why lump it on some other poor bastard who couldn't change a thing until pre-season?

By rights he should be sacked but I hope they hold off till end of year unless there is a genuine supporter backlash.

Neeld is the one who brought in these spuds - both players and support crew, he should be the one to endure this crap for the year. Why lump it on some other poor bastard who couldn't change a thing until pre-season?

By rights he should be sacked but I hope they hold off till end of year unless there is a genuine supporter backlash.
Are we not backlashing right now?

Are we not backlashing right now?
Maybe we are on BF mate I was more thinking of the key stakeholders, they wield the power.

The average Dees supporter is rightly pissed off though.

The only figurehead at that club who seems in tune with the true grassroots supporter is Peter Jackson and he's been there for 5 minutes.

The whole board are a bunch of upper class douchebags.

No. I don't think Neeld will take this club forward but sacking him tonight will achieve nothing. ****ing work out the rest of the problems before you sack the coach and think you've fixed everything. There are a thousand things wrong with Melbourne, Neeld is only one of them.

I voted no.

CBF reading everyone elses reasons. Here's mine:

1. Sacking him would be even more destabalising. Who comes in? If it's an interim, then what's the point? If its someone we have an eye on appointing long term, how can we possibly make that decision in a week?
2. Can we afford to pay Neeld out?

I say we give Roos, Williams & Ratten a call on Monday and find out if any of them would be interested coaching us first.

If not we hold on to him until the end of the year, but he is effectively sacked, he just doesn't know it yet

I say we give Roos, Williams & Ratten a call on Monday and find out if any of them would be interested coaching us first.

If not we hold on to him until the end of the year, but he is effectively sacked, he just doesn't know it yet

Dead man walking.

Back