Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

"do you know what an acronym is?"
That reminds me: can someone message Sam to tell him it's myth about the origin of f*ck? :grinv1:
It's even on Wikipedia:

'There are multiple urban legends that advance false etymologies declaring the word to be an acronym. One of these urban legends is that the word f*ck came from Irish law. If a couple was caught committing adultery, the two would be punished "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge In the Nude", with F*CKIN written on the stocks above to denote the crime. A variant misconception alleges church clerks to have recorded the crime of "Forbidden Use of Carnal Knowledge". Another is that of a royal permission granted in the Middle Ages: the Black Death and the scarcity of uncontaminated resources drove towns to control both human interactions and population growth. Supposedly many towns required permission to intermingle or to make babies. Hence, no couple could do either without royal permission (usually from a local magistrate or lord) which required placing a sign visible from the road that said Fornicating Under Consent of King, which was later shortened to F*CK. This story is hard to document, has persisted in oral and literary traditions for many years, but has been proven false.[13]

The interview with Dr Robin Willcourt was very good. I felt they didn't press as hard in certain areas such as why he would be involved as wasn't paid and no engagement with players or club to order bloodwork and in his own words knew Dr Reid wanted nothing to do with what Dank was doing and he wrote to Dr Reid and got no response.

Obviously it was skewed based on Sam's bias re Essendon scandal but interesting listening to it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam, Don and Ivan talking about Beaconsfield Parade being our greatest boulevard and Don disagreeing 'we don't have a greatest boulevard' had me in stitches.

I’ve got a three hour drive to the city pretty regularly so I down load for the trip. It’s gone backwards. Sam keeps ****ing up the control panel, sound is all over the joint, Don try’s but !! A giggle now and then but too often.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I rolled my eyes again when it came up Rex was the guest, again. However didn't mind this one. Was the sanest I've heard him in a long time. Should never have been on previously in his condition.

I rolled my eyes again when it came up Rex was the guest, again. However didn't mind this one. Was the sanest I've heard him in a long time. Should never have been on previously in his condition.
I agree. It was a good listen. Hopefully he is on the mend.

Mick Christian Menswear (up yer bum) was good value, loves telling a smutty joke.

They must be still getting a lot of streams a week or else I don't know why they would still bother.

I've listened to 2 episodes this month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Back