Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Newman is a corrosive boomer, staring into the abyss of his own creeping irrelevance and going out swinging at anything that moves.
Don Scott is a more interesting character, but again an embittered person and very much in the "old man yells at cloud" vein. He'd be potentially good on a podcast if he was paired with a different personality type, but he and Sam are just going to be jostling for who has the most spiteful hot take.

dont necessarily disagree with you per se. Sams views are probably typical/the norm for one of his vintage. I suppose when we enter that age realm our views will be of how we grew up and views there within. Its natural.

Youll note that sam often ends his views with "when will it end?". Often speaking his mind about trans issues including pronouns, racism, the left/ALP/democrats, climate change. When will it end suggests something is happening that veers from what he is used to/like/lives by. And that's normal and fine.

dont necessarily disagree with you per se. Sams views are probably typical/the norm for one of his vintage. I suppose when we enter that age realm our views will be of how we grew up and views there within. Its natural.

Youll note that sam often ends his views with "when will it end?". Often speaking his mind about trans issues including pronouns, racism, the left/ALP/democrats, climate change. When will it end suggests something is happening that veers from what he is used to/like/lives by. And that's normal and fine.

I'm not anti-conservative as such, but Newman's political views don't tend to contain much substance apart from "be nasty to people who are trying to be kind".

I never understood that. African Americans use it so frequently to each other, its basically like our " Mate " But the second a white dude says it, they wanna go to war. I understand it could perhaps be a cultural thing and that's fine, I don't mind.

For what its worth, I never use it, never have, never will.
I don't understand why the call blacks African Americans.

They don't call the whites there European Americans.

That story a few podcasts back about what Don said to retired Federal Judge Finkelstein was friggen hilarious 😂

i think it was rocket rod law who paraphrased it beautifully - suck u off.

And this bit:
Sam to Don: "Do your horses have names?"
Don: "No, not really."
Sam: "Oh, then how about Frank and Ian?"

I fa'rkin lol'd a little :tongueoutv1:

and don admitting to smacking the horseys a bit.

That story a few podcasts back about what Don said to retired Federal Judge Finkelstein was friggen hilarious 😂

i think it was rocket rod law who paraphrased it beautifully - suck u off.

And this bit:
Sam to Don: "Do your horses have names?"
Don: "No, not really."
Sam: "Oh, then how about Frank and Ian?"

I fa'rkin lol'd a little :tongueoutv1:

and don admitting to smacking the horseys a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was in tears in episode 2 when they are talking about Sam punching on with a former melbourne player years ago and then they brought up "trough boy" when Sam had a fight in the toilets in the MCC.

And then Sonny 'Boy' Williams
theyve talked about that mcc toilet incident a lot over the year(s). Very funny stuff

I find it amazing (admirable) that Sam can be in the studio doing a podcast and belly-laughing out loud only 9 or 10 days after finding his wife deceased and having to try and revive her, and a day before her funeral.

Rod sounds like he has become a very good mate to Sam. Does their close friendship pre-date the podcast? Doesn't really matter at all, he just sounds like a decent bloke (and he loves dogs...which immediately makes him a good bloke!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Back