Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting couple of snippets here from Mike:

He didn't want Don on the pod from the start
Sam told him it would be him and Mike with a rotating third guest but Don stayed
His relationship with Sam hasn't recovered, thought he hung him out to dry re the Winmar incident.

Last point surprises me a bit as he and Sam have done sporties and stuff since Mike left. Thought they wouldn't be as tight as they had been previously, but seems like they aren't speaking at all now.

Interesting couple of snippets here from Mike:

He didn't want Don on the pod from the start
Sam told him it would be him and Mike with a rotating third guest but Don stayed
His relationship with Sam hasn't recovered, thought he hung him out to dry re the Winmar incident.

Last point surprises me a bit as he and Sam have done sporties and stuff since Mike left. Thought they wouldn't be as tight as they had been previously, but seems like they aren't speaking at all now.

First episode today has absolutely let rip into Mike. Mike comes off to be a bit of a weasel.

Any word from Don? Fordham was hinting at speaking to him on air for a while but truthfully I haven't listened to it much since Don left.

First episode today has absolutely let rip into Mike. Mike comes off to be a bit of a weasel.

I like listening to Mike but he does come across as someone who would throw you under the bus or turn on you without any hesitation.

If I remember correctly one of the things that rattled him was that Adam Goodes said he wouldn't cross the street to say hello to him in public. Pretty spin less stuff really if that influences you to cut ties with people.

So if Sam is correct, Mike didn't want to sue but when Sam and Don won Mike asked Sam if he was included in the pay out.

That's pretty pathetic.

Last edited:
The other thing with the Winmar stuff , was Sam was the one who didn't really say anything it was Don and Mick talking about it IIRC.

Don questioned the motives and it Mick agreed at the time maybe it had been different Etc, happy to be corrected but my memory was Sam didn't really talk much to it at all for that patch .

I like Mike talking footy etc but he does seem a bit precious and wants to make sure he maintains his image.

I like listening to Mike but he does come across as someone who would throw you under the bus or turn on you without any hesitation.

If I remember correctly one of the things that rattled him was that Adam Goodes said he wouldn't cross the street to say hello to him in public. Pretty spin less stuff really if that influences you to cut ties with people.

The whole him never liking Don Scott from the start is pretty odd too. I get we don't see everything behind the scenes, but never did I pick up in the podcast that Mike wasn't wanting to be there when Don was on, quite the opposite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Back