You guys were unlucky

Remove this Banner Ad

toulairene

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why on earth was that ball up when you guys were controlling the game and the pies kicked a goal from it allowed to stand?

The biggest load of crap i have ever seen and then they start their run and win.

Meh thats why i dont follow footy as much... its rigged.

You guys will bounce back though but out of all teams why did you have to lose to the scum :mad:.

Wouldnt surprise me if collingwood dont win another game for the remainder of the yr.

Excuse my little rant lol... im a roos supporter.

it was a fair game - many umpiring decisions didnt go collingwoods way and should have and also many were paid that shouldnt have been.
i think the result is indicative of the improvements west coast need to make if they are to be serious contenders when playing on melbourne turf.

Bartel'sNo1Fan said:
it was a fair game - many umpiring decisions didnt go collingwoods way and should have and also many were paid that shouldnt have been.
i think the result is indicative of the improvements west coast need to make if they are to be serious contenders when playing on melbourne turf.

correct!

toulairene said:
Why on earth was that ball up when you guys were controlling the game and the pies kicked a goal from it allowed to stand?

The biggest load of crap i have ever seen and then they start their run and win.

Meh thats why i dont follow footy as much... its rigged.

You guys will bounce back though but out of all teams why did you have to lose to the scum :mad:.

Wouldnt surprise me if collingwood dont win another game for the remainder of the yr.

Excuse my little rant lol... im a roos supporter.

collingwood rape you in your youth?

you are wrong and appears emotion is impairing your judgement!

understudy said:
collingwood rape you in your youth?

you are wrong and appears emotion is impairing your judgement!

Hahahaha i have calmed down now.

Honestly though Mark fraser was a disgrace.. 5 metres out and the bounce if you could call it that falls into the hands of a collingwood player who runs into an open goal at a stage when the eagles are controlling the match.. surely he calls that ball back and throws it up...yes it was happening all game which on some occasions helped the eagles and other occasions the pies but when its that close to goal its a fricken joke of a decision.

Anyway Collingwood attack on the ball was good all day.... still shocked they won it.

Actually i thought West Coast was pretty good as well... good game of footy but that should have been a 4 pointer for the coasters... im sure they will take out their frustrations on next weeks opposition.

As for the Pies... i stick by my earlier call for them to win another game this year they need to show that intensity because skill wise they dont have it im afraid.

Wee Girls, Wee Girls, Wee Girls,
If you cant win in Melbourne and not against Colliingwood whats the point thats where the finals will be played and against better than them.

Mark Fraser's bounce cost us the game he should of called it back like some other umpires have. Overall the Eagles played complacent footy and they didnt run through the middle so there are the main reasons

Hawk Dork said:
If you cant win in Melbourne and not against Colliingwood whats the point thats where the finals will be played and against better than them.

Thanks for the tip. When the Hawks win one on the road let me know.

imonebadddman said:
Mark Fraser's bounce cost us the game he should of called it back like some other umpires have.
Mark Fraser was ****house and I am embarrassed to say he was a Collingwood player, but it did not cost you the game, if anything it saved you from a bigger beating. That Egan goal should of been called back. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to think of giving one of the other umpires the bouncing job or to throw it up.
How many of Frasers bounces went straight down to Big Cox and end up in WCE goals? And Tarrant was absoloutly allowed to be man handled by Glass. Tarrant may as well have handles on his jumper.

We cost ourselves the game cant blame the umps yeah the bounce was terrible and should have been called back and happened at the worst time for us but still if we cant beat a depleted collingwood at the mcg then how the hell are we ever gonna beat a serious contender in Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

metallord said:
We cost ourselves the game cant blame the umps yeah the bounce was terrible and should have been called back and happened at the worst time for us but still if we cant beat a depleted collingwood at the mcg then how the hell are we ever gonna beat a serious contender in Melbourne

WRONG

We played well below our potential but the umpiring cost us the game.

Not just that one attrocious bounce but the nine centre bounces (minimum) that gave Cox no chance of a decent go at the the tap. Hence we didn't get the normal amount of centre breaks.

They also killed us at critical times, when our momentum was up.

Unlucky !!! WTF :eek:

You met a Pies team minus Buckley, Rocca and others.

You had a sizeable lead on 2 occasions and choked.

You had the better of the umpiring.

What's UNLUCKY about that????

Soft, soft, soft.

Just on the umpiring, when it occurs in the middle of the ground and either side gets an advantage sure they may get the takeway but they still need to move the ball inside the 50 and kick the goal... but the goal Egan kicked was simply given to him assisted by mark fraser.. now that is a joke and it should have been thrown up.. at the time the eagles had a lead of just over 2 goals with a fair bit of the momentum... i was just sitting their with a stunned look on my face i dont think i have seen a worse ball up in my life i need to see it again but it barely bounced... oh and prior to the ball up Holland gave away a free on a high tackle which the umpires didnt see... im not making excuses for the eagles but at a critical time like that they got screwed.

Overall the result of this match has probably done west coast more good then the pies... needed that defeat and now with a loss on the board and all talk of undefeated out of the way im sure the eagles will bounce back against port... not the best of results but still a good hitout at the m.c.g for west coast.

The bouncing today was an absolute, utter disgrace. Its tough to know what to say when it seems we're horrified at something different every week, but that was just amateurish and downright pathetic. In a real world situation, anyone as incompetent as Gieschen would be sacked, but the AFL isn't living in the real world.

Although I guess its arguable that the better ruckman is more disadvantage by bad bounces, since otherwise he'd probably win, I don't think that had a huge influence on the result- both teams had to deal with it.

Congrats to the pies, they played out of their skins, and just showed serious guts and dedication- it was a close game which could have gone either way, but the more deserving team won.

And we still don't know how to win in Melbourne ! We lost the Wizard cup final in Melbourne, and now Collingwood. Until we learn how to win in Melbourne our chances of a premiership are minimal. Some people weren't paying much respect to Collingwood but I was a bit wary of this game exactly because it was in Melbourne. Now let's hope we learn how to beat Port Adelaide.

toulairene said:
Just on the umpiring, when it occurs in the middle of the ground and either side gets an advantage sure they may get the takeway but they still need to move the ball inside the 50 and kick the goal... but the goal Egan kicked was simply given to him assisted by mark fraser
How do you think the ball got so close to our goal in the first place? The tooth fairy took the ball there?

Hawk Dork said:

We've lost one game in Melb. I think every team has lost at least one game in Melb.Does that mean no-one can win a final.

I thought it was a good game where each team had the momentum at various stages. The pies seemed to play a lot better than I have seen previously this year, passing was a lot better and less errors - maybe due to less pressure from the eagles? Our guys didn't seem to go for it at stages, in the final quarter we looked to have the game in the bag but went tentative bringing it out of defence. Then a turnover, goal, and the pies had the momentum.

I don't think we are too far off but we need to maintain the intensity a lot longer. Other than Brisbane I don't think we have put in a full 4 quarter effort this year.

it was better to be exposed early as the coaching staff can see how the players to respond to such intensity. the eagles should hit the track and lift their intensity which is a whole different ball game than free running out of defence. why did the bulldogs beat the dons in 2000? intensity and belief and scrapping it out. something the eagles have never had in their game since the premiership years.

one game break on the ladder. focus squarely on the port game where judd, wirrpunda and seaby should come in for a few players who should be considering their future with the club

We lost.

But that bouce did completely change the game and it should have been recalled. It fell directly to Egan and he just kicked a goal? Surely he should recall the ball and bounce it properly instead of his ineptitude leading directly to a Collingwood goal and a swing of momentum.

We werent good enough on the day but that very decision certainly swung the game back in Collingwood's favour and I was furious with the crappy umpire at the time.

hoss said:
Unlucky !!! WTF :eek:

You met a Pies team minus Buckley, Rocca and others.

You had a sizeable lead on 2 occasions and choked.

You had the better of the umpiring.

What's UNLUCKY about that????

Soft, soft, soft.

It was actually like 3 times which is what annoys the heck out of me. Every time West Coast play in Melbourne and get a 2 or 3 goal lead its like "Yep, that outta do it" and mentally switch off it seems like. it is SO frustrating and until they can put a team away when they have the momentum they wont do anything.

First 3 goals of the game - Then let Collingwood kick the next 3. Then kick the next 3 and get out to another 18 point lead and the pies got out to a 13 point half time lead. Great comeback in the third and into the last got 14 points up - BANG the pies kick 7 of the last 8 to win comfortably. Its not just that game its happened many, many times! Its a JOKE and so is Lynch!
How can one man that big drop so many easy marks and then take one handers in the goal square and then kick it into the man on the mark. Needs to be dropped!

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys were unlucky

Remove this Banner Ad

Back