You know its footy season when?

Remove this Banner Ad

You know its footy season when K-Mart remove most of the cricket merchandise and replace it with footy stuff.

You know its footy season when the lessor teams all start posting high memberships after a strong Magpie year....Its natural instinct for supporters of teams lower down on the food chain to band together in big groups when their most feared preditor is hunting them....its just the natural cycle of life. :cool:

I'd go with the cricket option. Over the summer there is either little or no footy stories but they gradually increase. Then sooner or later, the cricket is pushed back and decreases while the footy makes it's take over.

Good poll by the way!

newspapers provide lengthy coverage of how a club's star player has sustained a strained hamstring which means he may only have 4 instead of 5 weeks to prepare for the first pre-season game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by oh_my_hat
Well it's not the Collingwood fan wearing a beanie, thats a 365 day a year thing. Formal attire for our poor pie fans. ;)

I was wearing mine yesterday.

Always appropriate when it's cold in the morning.

You usually know when it is close to the footy season as soon as the aus open is over cos after that the footy starts to take over the backpages again and the countdown starts to the intra club matches and preseason matches.Dont know bout anyone else but ive neva been so bored with out the footy on for some reason this year.

Go Doggies

Originally posted by pivotal
Its not over yet, theres an insignificant little event called the WORLD CUP yet to come :rolleyes: ;) .

Yes i am just counting the days until the Australia v Namibia game which should be riveting viewing

you've forgotten something

I cant believe you missed this one out...

If the last two preseasons are anything to go by (as in this one and 2002) you can tell its nearly practice match time when Wayne Careys in the papers and on TV looking shifty/arrogant and suddenly your inbox is full of 10,000 jokes relating to his latest alleged bathroom indiscretion....

You know it's footy season, once you start to cross the following events off the calender:

OCT: Trade period.
NOV: Spring Carnival
The Draft
Cricket Starts
DEC: Christmas Festivities
JAN: Holiday mode.
Aus Open
Cricket Ends
FEB: Pre-season news appearing in the press.
Wizard Cup.
Aus Masters - Golf
MAR: Grand Prix
Moomba
My Birthday

then the FOOTY starts.

Remove this Banner Ad

You know its footy season when?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back