Your American Pie! Now Official

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like his enthusiasm and open mindedness about footy, he was pro-active about getting over here and that's paid off for him; he's now got a fantastic chance. Judging by the video interview on the Collingwood website which showed a bit of vision of him showing his skills, he actually looks quite decent, already he looks about 100 times more co-ordinated than Guy Richards, not that this is saying much.

He seems to be pretty much tailor made for our sport given his athletic ability, height and varied sporting background, he has all the tools necessary and now will have a great development team around him. Whether or not he has what's required to make it at the top level, we'll just have to wait and see, but judging by his character it seems like he's willing to take on the challenge and that can only be a good thing.

The guys on the main board are harsh geez couldn't believe what some were writing :(
It's Collingwood, of course they're going to bag us. I find it quite funny. They're obviously scared of us and think that by bagging us it will make them feel better. Our time will come and we will be right there laughing in their faces!:thumbsu:

Good luck to the kid, tell him we're all rooting (baracking) for him bretigen. We should get shae to follow pendles around 24/7 and learn what to bring over from basketball and copy his kicking action.

Good luck to the kid, tell him we're all rooting (baracking) for him bretigen. We should get shae to follow pendles around 24/7 and learn what to bring over from basketball and copy his kicking action.

tell him not to follow Cox around either, unless he wants to learn how to win all you can eat contests. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i honestly cant see him getting a game as a ruckmen. Maybe if a few of our tall fwds go down.

Is there any reason for this needless pessimism or what?

I really hate it when people try to see the negative in absolutely everything.

dont get me wrong im excited about the prespect of him playing. I'm convince that he wants to play in the seniors for us he seems determined. But lets face it not all international rookies can do what marty clarke did in his first year.

and on the topic why the hell does every say that everytime i post a negative comment? thats like aprox my second for the year! I always look on the bright side. Having said that i wasnt being negative.

It is about the same as needless (and baseless) optimism...

How about we all try realism for a little while? Then there would be far fewer people saying they would "tear up their memberships" or mercilessly bagging out our own players...

I can hear all the followers back in the states already... U S Shae, U S Shae!

If he goes in fearless he will come out much loved by the Collingwood faithful.

Best of luck Shae.

dont get me wrong im excited about the prespect of him playing. I'm convince that he wants to play in the seniors for us he seems determined. But lets face it not all international rookies can do what marty clarke did in his first year.

and on the topic why the hell does every say that everytime i post a negative comment? thats like aprox my second for the year! I always look on the bright side. Having said that i wasnt being negative.
who said first year?

I dont think anyone is saying he will play seniors let alone dominate first year, im confident he will play seniors eventually though

There is no reason to be too conservative about his first year. Yes it will be a development year, but I see no reason why he could not debut this year. Mike Pyke the Canadian for the Swans has shown its possible to go from a foreign sport to senior AFL within a year. He was not great but showed glimpses in the ruck. When comparing Pyke to Shae Mac he puts Pyke in the shade in terms of athleticism and has far greater upside.

Having said that, all of a sudden our rucks look hard to break into which was hard to imagine 2 years ago and Mick Malthouse may be cautious in how he uses him. Mick does however have a policy of no excuses & if you can play a role effectively you will get a game no matter who you are.

At some point during the year injuries will open up a position (fwd or ruck) & if Shae is going well enough at VFL he may get a game or 2 this year. It is then up to him what he makes of those oppurtunities.

If he keeps attacking his development the way he has been I have no doubt he will make it.

There is no reason to be too conservative about his first year. Yes it will be a development year, but I see no reason why he could not debut this year. Mike Pyke the Canadian for the Swans has shown its possible to go from a foreign sport to senior AFL within a year. He was not great but showed glimpses in the ruck. When comparing Pyke to Shae Mac he puts Pyke in the shade in terms of athleticism and has far greater upside.

Having said that, all of a sudden our rucks look hard to break into which was hard to imagine 2 years ago and Mick Malthouse may be cautious in how he uses him. Mick does however have a policy of no excuses & if you can play a role effectively you will get a game no matter who you are.

At some point during the year injuries will open up a position (fwd or ruck) & if Shae is going well enough at VFL he may get a game or 2 this year. It is then up to him what he makes of those oppurtunities.

If he keeps attacking his development the way he has been I have no doubt he will make it.

True Him and Pyke are Simmilar,

Also remember Shae is 24 our 2nd Oldest Ruck so I can also see some late games as a Possiblity

True Him and Pyke are Simmilar,

Also remember Shae is 24 our 2nd Oldest Ruck so I can also see some late games as a Possiblity
3rd oldest

jolly
fraser
shae
wood
keefe

I think the doco is actually about AFL in the US however they obviously have a part about Shae. Saying that I have no idea when it will be out.

Another positive about getting Jolly is that Shae will be learning his ruck skills through training with one of the best tap ruckmen going around. Shae should look at Jolly to be his mentor for ruckwork and Fraser for how to play around the ground.

I find it kinda funny how alot of people (pies fans) were giving him (edited word), but as soon as the club signs him, they jump on the bandwagon!

Hi,

Yeah! No, the band has plenty of room. There really wasn't anything to show off on Shae in the begining, now there is. Now you can see what I see. And, keep in mind that he is a Pie now, and I am hoping Pies stick together.

Bret

Hi,

Yeah! No, the band has plenty of room. There really wasn't anything to show off on Shae in the begining, now there is. Now you can see what I see. And, keep in mind that he is a Pie now, and I am hoping Pies stick together.

Bret

Like clag (Aussie glue).

It's not so much the bandwagon effect, it's just posters being cautious. We don't want to get too excited and then be disappointed. But now that Seamus is ours, we won't have to hold back.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Your American Pie! Now Official

Remove this Banner Ad

Back