Your big cricket moment

Remove this Banner Ad

bowling second in a 40 over match after our side had made a dismal 120 . after 20 overs in their innings the opposition were 2 for 100 .needing just 20 runs off 20 overs and with 8 wickets in hand .
our captain tossed me the ball to bowl some tweakers i took 5/7 and the medium pacer at the other end took 3/12 we won in a canter . i will never forget that day nor will the other team .

in another 40 over match the opposition needed 3 runs off the last over with 3 wickets in hand . i took 3/0 which included bowling their captain middle stump after he tried to end it by hitting me out of the park .

I haven't really had that many individual highlights - other than the 124 as stated earlier - have been in plenty of great team highlights.

In a two-day game two years ago, the opposition were chasing 158 to win, and were 1-110 in reply. One of their openers was on 90 from at least 60 balls. Our captain got a bit silly so threw the ball to one of our batters. He took 4-20 odd in about 10 overs. :eek: They were 6-150, then we took 4-1 to win by 6 runs. I didn't bowl, but was in the slips in spirit. :)

I remember a 25-over game about six years ago. We were playing an Adelaide Hills team. We blasted about 5-260 (10+ an over) batting first on a road - well the pitch looked like a road, litterally. Naturally, I was crap and got out for 20. In reply, we knocked them over for 37. Again, my pure crapness shone through, taking 1-12.

Third match, we lost but it was a memorable day. Was playing in the team with my cousin. He took a hat-trick and I scored 60 with about five sixes. We lost the 25-over game by about 40 runs, though. :(

Mine is at U16's when I took 5/0 from 2 overs which included a hatrick, each and every wicket i got was bowled, it was a turning wicket and nobody had a clue how to bat on it (i also bowled one of my best mates for the hatrick ball!) Made the local paper, I've kept the clipping :D After that we chased and i made 17 not out and hit the winning runs with a cover drive boundry so a good day all-round that I wont forget.

had 5/3 off 3 and got dragged whilst on a hattrick for having taken "too many wickets".

opposition went from 7/19 to 7/45. i came back on got the hatrick first ball. ended up with 6/7 with a boundary through slips.

mind you, u can see why this was my last game for school cricket. ********ers.

Was in a very social indoor side and played against an incredibly arrogant, loud-mouthed bunch of ********ers. The ********ers took themselves incredibly seriously and at the same time did nothing but dish out foul mouthed aggressive abuse to us.

Our team fought hard but they had really been toying with us, we were 15 behind going into the last over.

I bowled that last over like a man possessed. Finished it with the fastest, most perfect in-swinging yorker I ever bowled to win the game.

Nothing anywhere near that dramatic in ‘real’ cricket. Ran a guy out with one stump to aim at from the boundary line.

Making 79 against Tongala (playing for Murchison) as an opener for our seconds, they had a good bowling attack but everything I hit just went like magic, I should've gone on with it, but I got caught in first slip trying to hit one out of the ground, the following week,playing for the firsts I batted against the top team Kyabram (who had Brett Deledio's younger brother, Matt playing for them as an opening bowler) , and made 52, plus I took three catches (the best one was a diving catch, that just stuck in my big mitt) sadly my batting sucked balls from there on out but I hit a rare patch opf form

Also, an Under 14's Grand Final (Playing for Panton Hill against Diamond Creek), I was batting at Number 11, and against a bunch of guys who played Hatch Shield (Under 14's Rep. Cricket), and I batted for over an Hour to make a partnership of 50 for the last wicket, and although I only made 4 runs, by blocking consistently (I had every fielder around the bat the whole time), those runs really mattered because we won by 3 runs in the end, (A kid was bowled by one of the loopiest donkey drops you'll ever see).

Remove this Banner Ad

Your big cricket moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back