Your favourite all time player from . . . Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

the one and only

96535032.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Gunstan

:p:thumbsu:

Nah, seriously, Andrew McLeod, then daylight 2nd. McLeod was probably my favourite footballer as far back as the late 90's when he had the shaved head. Poetry in motion just like Brazil's Ronaldo. I remember watching him running around Waverley Park and I couldn't believe it. It was like he was floating on air.

Ricciuto and Jarman were awesome, but for various reasons, they were hard for me to love. Roo was a hard bastard who cleaned up a few Hawks, but I wish we had him. A bit like Hodgey, I suppose. Hard, tough, fearless, supremely-skilled, knock-about country boy.

Jars was one of the best footballers I've ever seen, but he left Hawthorn once things went pear-shaped. Watching him destroy the St Kilda in the 1997 GF was kind of bittersweet. It was good to see him stick it up the arse of the Victorian media who never gave him his due while at Hawthorn. They always gave him a hard time and said he was lazy, instead of appreciating his genius.

Edwards was consistent and underrated. I always liked his style. Never gained any attention over here in Melbourne, but he's the type of good, honest footballer you want at your club.

Rehn was great to watch before the knee went. I loved the way he'd get down really low and bore into the packs for the hard ball (like Nic Natanui sometimes does now.) If not for injury, he could've gone down as one of the greats.

Of the lesser lights, I loved the way Porplyzia went about it. It's a shame he didn't play more games.

While my favourite all-time player from the Crows was Chris McDermott, sometimes I wish the Crows recruited one Garry McIntosh, the legend of Norwood. A midfield consisting McDermott, Tony McGuinness, Andrew Jarman and McIntosh, even for one year, in the Crows's first year-1991, would've been great to watch.

Shaun Rehn for me.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Your favourite all time player from . . . Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back