Your Favourite Cain Ackland Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a distinct lack of St Kilda suporters commenting in this thread... Then again, most of us have supressed any memories of Cain

I seem to recall watching Cain lumbering around the ground, free as a bird, and be delivers a lace of pass, only to find a way to fumble it into the hands of an opposition player 15 metres away... ah, good times!

Port fans, you started this mess.. any early memories?

I don't even want to know what he is attempting to do here...

_41096981_afl300.jpg

Funniest part? Where did Hackland and C Cloke both end up after that quality contest above?

LOL

Cain has a Wikipedia entry:-

Cain Ackland (born 16 March 1982) is an Australian rules football player with the Carlton Football Club.

He was drafted by Port Adelaide in the second round of the 1999 AFL National Draft. He spent four years with the Power, played only 12 games before being delisted at the end of the 2004 season.

The Saints, who had a shortage of quality ruckman, especially following the departure of Trent Knobel, awarded Ackland the second chance by selecting him in the second round of the 2004 AFL National Draft. He played 22 games during the 2005 season and quickly became a regular first team member of the Saints. He quickly earned the Rex Hunt nickname "The Street" in his commentary, in reference to the St Kilda nightspot Acland Street. Although his start to the 2006 season was far from his best, he has gained plenty of respect as he gave his all although he was out-sized by most of his opponents.

Out of contract with St Kilda, Ackland joined Carlton in 2007, with Carlton using the first pick in the pre-season draft to secure him.[1]. Ackland, whom St Kilda reportedly sought to retain, rejected the Saints' two year offer, accepting a three year deal with the Blues.

In his first season with the club, Ackland assumed the top ruck position. While serviceable in the role, he often struggled to compete with the league's other top ruckmen, and was briefly dropped on two occasions. By the start of 2008, Ackland was not considered amongst Carlton's top ruck selections, and struggled for regular selection, playing only one game. However, he moved to the forward-line at Carlton's VFL-affiliate, the Northern Bullants, where he kicked several bags of more than six goals throughout the year. At the end of the 2008 AFL season Ackland was delisted, a move widely expected.​

My personal favourite Cain moment is the day Port delisted him. Other favourites are watching first St Kilda and then Carlton think they knew better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brothers,

The end of an era is upon us. Cain "The Great" Ackland has been delisted by the Blues.

He has provided us with many glorious moments over his illustrious career. I thought we could all share our favourites here.

Mine would be his efforts as a pro wrestler.

0,5001,5515249,00.jpg

Any others?
"Please don't get better than me Setanta!"

It looks like he might be winning this ruck contest, over none other than the great Peter Street.:thumbsu:

main.php

Remove this Banner Ad

Your Favourite Cain Ackland Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back