80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar thing two months ago on the 2nd at the Marsh. Straight, short par 4, 265m. Bombed a drive right side of fairway, slightly drawing. Thinking front of green, maybe 20 short at most. No group was behind us for 15 minutes, so we spent over 10 minutes looking. Fortunately it was stableford so i just took a wipe, but we kept looking because we were do perplexed as to where the ball could be.

Brand new Pro V, too. :'(

Played Mount Martha today.

Bird on the 1st which meant I was under par for the first time in my life. Front 9 was pretty ordinary otherwise. Started slicing with the driver but sorted it on the back nine and had a solid finish.

Really enjoyed the course, a few tricky holes and some tough putts. Would play again.
tumblr_o9k0033Fyb1qbwsdco5_250.gif

33. Just solid, no highlights but feel a good round is close.
Playing a board event match on Saturday…maybe it clicks?

If you believe it will, it will.

According to daisy pearce, what teams and people need when things are down is belief

And played golf today. Semi acceptable score in the 30s with a few wipes. Cant hit driver anymore.

Think I lost a ball today.

They say drive for show…but it’s the most important club in the bag I reckon.
Different game when you’re hitting 2nd off the fairway.

They say drive for show…but it’s the most important club in the bag I reckon.
Different game when you’re hitting 2nd off the fairway.
Unless you hit your 2nd shot fat which is bane of my golfing existence.
Like night follows day, I’ll cream a drive down the middle and chunk my 2nd. 🤬🤬🤬

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost match on #19. Opponent holed a 40 footer, I missed a 10 footer to halve.
No complaints tho came back from 2 down on 15 tee. Won 15,16,17 to be 1up on 18 tee. Carved drive right, behind a tree. A bit choky there when I needed a good drive.
Overall played well tho, holed some clutch putts under pressure and was ok off the tee. Opponent was a ripper fella too.

The Cut last Sunday, beautiful conditions, very little wind. Still got bent over.
Quick 9 at Marangaroo on Thursday after work for a 42.
Collier Park, Lake/Island today, my usual fast start - 10 over after 4. 3 putt on 3 of the first 4 holes. Kept it to 12 over after 9, 17 over for the round.
Had a lesson on Friday afternoon, trying to improve my poor striking of irons. Had lost my posture a bit, couple of adjustments, huge improvement today.

Played my first solo comp round since May yesterday. Played one teams event a few weeks back and was hitting them sideways, so expectations were low.

Finished with 28, but played heaps better than that. Only hit three drives off line and all three were dead. Add to that a couple of physics defying bounces and an ability to find a bare lie in an ocean of grass, and a number closer to 34 would not have been unfair.

Driver was back, irons solid and putting generally good, a couple of poor one side. Chipping veered from diabolical to just average, definitely the area I need to sort out to get my scoring going.

Best bit was my bother had 43 points, 77 off the stick. Was a six handicap for most of his adult life, slumming it off 12 with me these days. Real throwback. He’s still got it.

Unless you hit your 2nd shot fat which is bane of my golfing existence.
Like night follows day, I’ll cream a drive down the middle and chunk my 2nd. 🤬🤬🤬
I never used to hit fat/thins but I do now. Try not looking at the ball, and focus about an inch forward of the ball. My iron striking 100% better when I do it.

Played Virginia Sunday, 34 points. Decided pre round to try and play more conservatively than normal. On holes where I might have found tree trouble on earlier rounds I hit 3w or 3h instead of D, not chipping if into the grain of the grass or if an 8i bump and run type shot was better odds etc.

Worked reasonably well at the start, went bogey par birdie par birdie, but the wheels fell off on with 3 putts on the 8th and 9th. 19 points at the turn.

After a poor start to the back 9, even though I was hitting more fairways I realised I wasn't having any more fun than I normally would have, so I started ripping driver again, including a 279m bomb leading to a 3rd birdie for the day. 90 off the stick with 3 birdies. Weird day. I think if I practice putting from 2m - 6m off the green more often I could have better results with playing conservatively, I just have no confidence with how hard to hit putts through fairway/ fringe grass.

Box Hill Friday morning for a little charity day, haven't played but hopefully will be in nice condition. Good to tick it off my list of courses.

I’m playing there this arvo. It has dried out a fair bit…needed to.
Needs a bit of spring growth to fix the drainage pipe works.
I hope you are straight off the tee, it’s very tight.

Hit the pin on the 9th today. Closest I’ve been to an ace. It bounced about 2m away from the hole but still made the birdie putt which is very unlike me.

Finished on 33 pts. I’ve been playing a fair bit better since mid July when I started to focus on shortening my backswing and smooth tempo rather than hitting the cover off the ball. Also fixed some alignment issues (my shoulders weren’t square with my feet). Actually been hitting it further as a result when I make good contact, which is more often. Short game is still a problem at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Your latest Round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back