80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:
Conversely they set the Beach course to be the visitor course and the members crack the ****s being unable to get a game/having to head to the Creek and threaten to cancel their memberships :D
fa343bbe-913f-420f-88b1-475c7629ae08_text.gif

i mean they can still play beach surely.

Played golf at the PK GC. Decent day in the 30s. Day was rainy and chilly early but it blossomed into a fine day. Greens were excellent despite some maintenance. Fairways very to very very good in the conditions.

I saw PK in a recent No Laying Up episode from their Tourist Sauce Australia series. Looked so mint. You victorians are spoilt, we have no good golf up here.

I saw PK in a recent No Laying Up episode from their Tourist Sauce Australia series. Looked so mint. You victorians are spoilt, we have no good golf up here.

It’s a terrific club and golf facility. Love a cheeky late arvo game.

A terrific double header!!
Started moonah like a gun, then ran low on petrol,
Should have birdied 2nd and 4th.
Came off St Andrews
17th par 5 - eagle from 12ft missed, then inexcusably missed a 3ft birdie coming back
Then on 18th hit driver 56 degree to 3 ft and lipped out

All putts I hit well, just mis read or lipped out

Both courses greens were superb

Screenshot_20240622_090954_MiScore.jpg

Hey all, we back on deck.

Played Bali National last Thursday was a cracking little track but boy it was HOT. Fun side note, have an old school mate who lives in Bali there, didn't get in contact with him but as we turn up at the clubhouse at 630am, beep beep scooter roles in and its my mate turning up to play 36 holes like he does every Thursday. What a life.

Course conditions: Well found out the mower had broke a week early and the fairways hadn't been mowed since lol. They were a little fury but they had there peeps out there with scissors (no joke) making them a 7/10. Greens were actually quite soft and in okay condition, they were true rolll and quickened up as the sun blazed down. 6/10.

Course layout: was actually quite interesting, lot of bunker action in the fairways and a few around the green, tight tee shots on a few of them and water was quite prominant. The two island greens were cute little holes (hit them both).

Hire clubs: I had Taylormades (i think), then when I broke the 7 iron, got given a replacement Ping 6 holes later, and Scotty Cameron putter (none of the right handers had that).

Round:

Started off on the 10th, piped the 5 wood and then chunked it in. The rough was a killer if you missed the green/fairway and had many adventure on that. Connection of the clubs wasn't too bad and suprisingly was only losing about 10m on most of my club distances that I typically got back home. Most interesting hole early was the 12th Par 3. 7 iron to 4 feet, tapped that birdie in. But on the tee I have swung the 7-iron, made connection and the club head has snapped clean off landing near the water off the tee. All caught on camera too.

holes 12 til about 7 played some pretty solid golf, as usual putts wouldn't drop after giving me some good looks. Hot, tired and bintanged fatigued at the end caught me dropping a few shots overall but it was an enjoyable day none the less.

Will throw a few pictures into here soon.

Hey all, we back on deck.

Played Bali National last Thursday was a cracking little track but boy it was HOT. Fun side note, have an old school mate who lives in Bali there, didn't get in contact with him but as we turn up at the clubhouse at 630am, beep beep scooter roles in and its my mate turning up to play 36 holes like he does every Thursday. What a life.

Course conditions: Well found out the mower had broke a week early and the fairways hadn't been mowed since lol. They were a little fury but they had there peeps out there with scissors (no joke) making them a 7/10. Greens were actually quite soft and in okay condition, they were true rolll and quickened up as the sun blazed down. 6/10.

Course layout: was actually quite interesting, lot of bunker action in the fairways and a few around the green, tight tee shots on a few of them and water was quite prominant. The two island greens were cute little holes (hit them both).

Hire clubs: I had Taylormades (i think), then when I broke the 7 iron, got given a replacement Ping 6 holes later, and Scotty Cameron putter (none of the right handers had that).

Round:

Started off on the 10th, piped the 5 wood and then chunked it in. The rough was a killer if you missed the green/fairway and had many adventure on that. Connection of the clubs wasn't too bad and suprisingly was only losing about 10m on most of my club distances that I typically got back home. Most interesting hole early was the 12th Par 3. 7 iron to 4 feet, tapped that birdie in. But on the tee I have swung the 7-iron, made connection and the club head has snapped clean off landing near the water off the tee. All caught on camera too.

holes 12 til about 7 played some pretty solid golf, as usual putts wouldn't drop after giving me some good looks. Hot, tired and bintanged fatigued at the end caught me dropping a few shots overall but it was an enjoyable day none the less.

Will throw a few pictures into here soon.

Golf in asia is very diferent isnt it? everything seems slow and relaxed. Ball dont run. love seeing locals working in the "rough" thats pretty and manicured with non electronic tech.
Did you have a caddy?

Golf in asia is very diferent isnt it? everything seems slow and relaxed. Ball dont run. love seeing locals working in the "rough" thats pretty and manicured with non electronic tech.
Did you have a caddy?

Yeah it's crazy isn't it.

Yup we had the caddies, they were funny lasses, really enjoyed having them give me some reads.

strong 5 degrees at tee time this morning. Probably less on arrival at the peninsula kingswood club. Been in decent ball striking form of late and confident. It disippated. lost balls on consecutive holes mid F9 with two lost balls. Two more losties on the B9 including one from middle of the fairway. Scoring on par 5s was adkin to Richmonds horrible injury luck. 2 points on the four par 5s was just shithouse at 31 strokes. thats like 11 over. I suck at golf. Swing lost on the b9 and couldnt recover. 34 putts was the highlight including two clutch one putts. othat than that i miss the balls i lost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hadn't hit a ball for the best part of 2 months! Got to the range a couple of times on the weekend and stuck off work early today for 9 holes. 4over and 15 putts was very pleasing. Very cold and dark down here though.

Wantima yesterday. Smoked my first drive, hit 9i on when I probably should have hit PW, just held the back of the green. Pin at the front. Drained a monster birdie putt.

Said "well, it's all down hill from here...".
Wiped the next, then three more through the day. 31 points.

Feels bruz, feeeeeels

Just some info. R Sydney has told us that only our 7 day members will have reciprocal rights there now.

Interesting. I’d say that’s fair. Another part of me might say but 5 day members are members too. But then I still feel 7 dayers should have most rights

A very windy and blowy day on the course at Peninsula Kwood. Form is starting to wane.

Dunno how i made it to the 30s. I guess consistent mediocrity. 93 off the stick. Did not lose a ball. Wait I did lose a ball lol on one of the par 5s. ok off the tee, duffy long iron to advance. But blind over the crest and bright light meant hard to track, walked towards the target and couldnt find a ball. crap.

Enjoyed the day.

I playe dtoday in the rain and wind at natuional gc. It hurt and still hurts both mentally and physically. I broke 100 at least. Morning round was good and scored better than my handicap. However in the arvo on a different course in moonah was just poo. rain jacket on and off and on and off and brolly up and down is crap. only lost 1 ball for the whole day which was nice.

I playe dtoday in the rain and wind at natuional gc. It hurt and still hurts both mentally and physically. I broke 100 at least. Morning round was good and scored better than my handicap. However in the arvo on a different course in moonah was just poo. rain jacket on and off and on and off and brolly up and down is crap. only lost 1 ball for the whole day which was nice.
I'm assuming the same front that hit us mid arvo hit you as well?
We walked off the course... which was good as i got to watch the Saints lose, and Blues smack the tiges.

Anyone who played golf on the weekend in Melbourne should be institutionalised imo. I'll give peternorth a pass because its probably better than seeing his team get smacked by 10 goals ;)

Played Saturday at KH. Put the rain jacket on while warming up on putting green, brolly up on the 1st tee. Brolly never came down, feet were soaked by the time we got to the 2nd. Dry weather shoes (fool). Literally did not stop raining for the entire round. Partner finished +1, which sort of kept us out there. Have to say the course played absolutely pure, I suppose the rain wasn't quite heavy enough, but greens rolled ok and fairways underfoot were firm.
Anyway, stuck it out and finished 5 down (Par). Nice lunch and fire was on inside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back