80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:
Would they know if you weren’t a 7 day member?

My club would have to send a letter of introduction. So I guess it would be there that the non compliance issue would be raised. Club just probably wouldn't send the letter.
^^^^^
this

sneaking members who are not eligible on is a big no no in reciprocal circles. can be very damaging. i know there are people who thumb their nose at authority, but thems the rules.

the national this morning where like everywhere else it was very very cold. but the sun was out and frost was non existant hooray!

played liek a frigid campaigner early too. Lots of putts which isnt unexpected on the large greens. but not settled and struggled with all clubs from driver down. it was equal opportunity day for each one to be shit

^^^^^
this

sneaking members who are not eligible on is a big no no in reciprocal circles. can be very damaging. i know there are people who thumb their nose at authority, but thems the rules.
I didn’t realise that you had to get a letter from your home club sent through. In Queensland we just show our club card.

I didn’t realise that you had to get a letter from your home club sent through. In Queensland we just show our club card.

Most courses require it, really depends on the club. I played Coolangatta & Tweed Heads GC which is just your standard suburban type golf club and didn't require it but played Titirangi in NZL and it was required.

We've got a couple of courses up north where I wouldn't bother, but anything interstate I'd 100% get a letter sent. I'm pretty sure I got one sent to The National when I played as an interstate guest. They're not even reciprocal. I haven't tried it overseas but it'd work on any private members course I'd imagine. Would like to see if it'd work at say Wentworth. It's just a small formal hoop to jump through but can open up a lot of courses for you.

Im talking about interstate or overseas reciprocal clubs. If its within the state I cannot confirm as I dont have any internals recips. But i think what you say makes sense.

We've got a couple of courses up north where I wouldn't bother, but anything interstate I'd 100% get a letter sent. I'm pretty sure I got one sent to The National when I played as an interstate guest. They're not even reciprocal. I haven't tried it overseas but it'd work on any private members course I'd imagine. Would like to see if it'd work at say Wentworth. It's just a small formal hoop to jump through but can open up a lot of courses for you.

Yes absolutely. Rightly or wrongly, the letter from your club is a matter of golf club courtesy. and if it's one of the "tier 1" clubs it certainly adds some gravitas to the situation, rightly or wrongly.

I am going to try my luck with the Australian (aka Strayan) GC in the coming weeks.

Most courses require it, really depends on the club. I played Coolangatta & Tweed Heads GC which is just your standard suburban type golf club and didn't require it but played Titirangi in NZL and it was required.
Spot on Elixy.

If you're playing public courses, just book a tee time and rock up.

Im talking about interstate or overseas reciprocal clubs. If its within the state I cannot confirm as I dont have any internals recips. But i think what you say makes sense.

Yes absolutely. Rightly or wrongly, the letter from your club is a matter of golf club courtesy. and if it's one of the "tier 1" clubs it certainly adds some gravitas to the situation, rightly or wrongly.

I am going to try my luck with the Australian (aka Strayan) GC in the coming weeks.
You'll 100% get on. You'll just be paying $400 or whatever it is.

In Noosa atm, 100 at Twin Waters today. Was travelling okay at just over bogey golf after 13, then had a shocker and a 10 on the Par 5 14th. Dropped the bundle over the last 5, dropping 12 shots.
Pissed off enough to head to the Par 3 course at Noosa Hills to make me feel better about myself. Didn't work, I was shit there as well.
Also have RSI from taking the wet weather jacket on and off all day.
Noosa Springs tomorrow, River Lakes Sunday, Brookwater Monday, Nudgee Tuesday.
Vale my already crap handicap.

In Noosa atm, 100 at Twin Waters today. Was travelling okay at just over bogey golf after 13, then had a shocker and a 10 on the Par 5 14th. Dropped the bundle over the last 5, dropping 12 shots.
Pissed off enough to head to the Par 3 course at Noosa Hills to make me feel better about myself. Didn't work, I was shit there as well.

Interested in feedback on Brookwater. I was there last year and thought it was a bit beaten up. Far too many rounds played.
And due to the undulations they get a lot of aggregation spots where balls all roll down to, creating a heavily chopped up area. Layout good tho and toughcourse to play. Clubhouse good for a beer too.

Interested in feedback on Brookwater. I was there last year and thought it was a bit beaten up. Far too many rounds played.
And due to the undulations they get a lot of aggregation spots where balls all roll down to, creating a heavily chopped up area. Layout good tho and toughcourse to play. Clubhouse good for a beer too.
I haven’t played there for at least 15 years. Well before the course renovations. Nice course then.

No Coolum?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another even century, this time at Noosa Springs today. Very ragged 1st 9 of 55, which included a disaster on the 5th - a 3 lost ball 9.
Pulled it together on the back 9, shooting 6 over until the 18th, where my 3 wood, that until 3 weeks or so ago was my most reliable club, screwed me over again, and i finished with a triple,
Rest day tomorrow, going to watch an ex-student playing in the Lions VFL side, River Lakes Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back