-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:
Good fun round down at Dunes.

Had birdie or eagle puts on first 6 holes, only two birdies. Probably was my first sub 80 left out there.

Came home a little rubbish, tired and maybe thought of the sub 80.

82 off stick and 39 points. Handicap into 12.0, just so close to 11 something. 3 wood humming, short game suffering.

Good back 9 for ITCHY EYEBALLS , 19 points or so, won't talk front 9.

Good fun round down at Dunes.

Had birdie or eagle puts on first 6 holes, only two birdies. Probably was my first sub 80 left out there.

Came home a little rubbish, tired and maybe thought of the sub 80.

82 off stick and 39 points. Handicap into 12.0, just so close to 11 something. 3 wood humming, short game suffering.

Good back 9 for ITCHY EYEBALLS , 19 points or so, won't talk front 9.
Yep, you left a few out there
I did my best to drag you down.

4BBB Yesterday at KH. Incredible golf course. You wouldn’t know it had been raining/pissing down the previous 24hrs. The bride played at Box Hill and looked like she played a game of footy in the 70’s.
Anyhow, we got to +7 (par event) after 15 then vomited, culminating in me shanking a simple pitch on #18. +5 and the winners were +11!

WOW. just WOW
fa343bbe-913f-420f-88b1-475c7629ae08_text.gif

Had a fun day at the Strayan GC. Interesting golf, very different to what ones accustomed to in conditioning and the green stuff. The course presented well. An old traditional club in some ways.

The rains that hit the metro and surrounding sydney areas in the past month had caused some large pooling and small ones in bunkers. The club is addressing this. Temp holes resulted on and including the famous 18th which caused disappointment but still played.

Did not lose a ball but a disappointing end to the round after a very satisfactory front 9. 93 off the stick which still upsets me.

Will try find a postable foto

Looking forward to trying it out again later this year

Last edited:
Had a fun day at the Strayan GC. Interesting golf, very different to what ones accustomed to in conditioning and the green stuff. The course presented well. An old traditional club in some ways.

The rains that hit the metro and surrounding sydney areas in the past month had caused some large pooling and small ones in bunkers. The club is addressing this. Temp holes resulted on and including the famous 18th which caused disappointment but still played.

Did not lose a ball but a disappointing end to the round after a very satisfactory front 9. 93 off the stick which still upsets me.

Will try find a postable foto

Looking forward to trying it out again later this year

How did you get on? Just reciprocal?

Got under 100 for the first time today with a 99.

Handicap has dropped ever round for the last 12 rounds after today. 12 rounds ago I was 29.9, today I dropped half a shot to 25.6.

Have lowered my handicap 20 since I got my handicap last August.

Golf today at national gc. Wow. Wow. Utter shit. Many balls lost. Perhaps 5? Tripe. Spent time on the range thereafter for some work. couldnt get my drives on the holes fairway. Reloads worked better. But still, when you take many shots to get close to the green, what hope is there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stroke yesterday.
Started par, par, double. Just short on approach to #3 (peternorth ) short sided in the bunker.
#4. Snap hook off tee. Reload. Snap hook. Reload. Snap hook.
Playing partner finds my first ball. Pro v1, blue line? Yep.
Take a drop, get to 40m from green, standing over the ball…wrong number! Played wrong ball.
DQ.

Stroke yesterday.
Started par, par, double. Just short on approach to #3 (peternorth ) short sided in the bunker.
#4. Snap hook off tee. Reload. Snap hook. Reload. Snap hook.
Playing partner finds my first ball. Pro v1, blue line? Yep.
Take a drop, get to 40m from green, standing over the ball…wrong number! Played wrong ball.
DQ.
Wouldn't it only be a DQ if you finish the hole and put that ball into play on the next hole?

Wouldn't it only be a DQ if you finish the hole and put that ball into play on the next hole?

You’re probably right. But I’d already hit 3 different balls off the tee, so I’d have to go back again and hit a 4th. So I’d already wrecked my scorecard and decided to take DQ. Would’ve got shot for holding up the field for that long if I’d gone back again.

Played KH. Hungover.
I’m too old to play golf after a big night.
23pts.
Getting old sucks.
Have a good night with a few drinks most Saturday’s and play Sunday.
Front 9 is generally a crime scene.

Hope this weather clears up by Sunday...playing Kingston Heath for the first time.

It will have to be horrible to not play. Fairways are dry, greens pure, bunkers no probs.
Fill your divots, repair pitch marks and rake bunkers…then we’ll let you come back one day.
Enjoy.

Golf Your latest Round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back