80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:
How “interesting”? 29 markers are ones who are capable of smashing their marks. It’s a fairly massive insinuation - if you are suggesting they doctored their scores?

Board event, black tees, pins in corners and hanging off the side of hills, and someone paying off 29 making 2 doubles all day makes me sceptical.

Two clearly inexperienced golfers playing together, maybe their counting was off and other wasn’t keeping track?

Board event, black tees, pins in corners and hanging off the side of hills, and someone paying off 29 making 2 doubles all day makes me sceptical.

Two clearly inexperienced golfers playing together, maybe their counting was off and other wasn’t keeping track?

Too Good Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight

Well we have approved an upgrade so hoping that it is on the improve.

Fingers crossed it all works out, its probably my dream destination.

Unfortauntely I will be out there on my own, which won't be as fun but what can you do.

There are multitude of things that are fun to do alone.

Work have asked if I would like to go to King Island for work, just to look at Cape Wickhams Clubhouse.

Don't mind if I do. Might just have to play some golf after and the next morning while I wait for my flight home.
Have I missed something? Last time I checked Cape Wickham did not have a clubhouse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had my first 18 holes in ages last Friday at Tasmania GC which would be our toughest course, at least on the south.
31 points, which was pretty good as I was only 1 point after 2 holes.
Did everything 'pretty well', nothing terrible and nothing great. Just nice to be out there again.

Had my first 18 holes in ages last Friday at Tasmania GC which would be our toughest course, at least on the south.
31 points, which was pretty good as I was only 1 point after 2 holes.
Did everything 'pretty well', nothing terrible and nothing great. Just nice to be out there again.
Bicco do you reckon there is any way they could sell both Royal Hobart and Tasmania golf clubs and their land and with the proceeds build a third course at 7 Mile Beach to house the new merged club?

Bicco do you reckon there is any way they could sell both Royal Hobart and Tasmania golf clubs and their land and with the proceeds build a third course at 7 Mile Beach to house the new merged club?
Theoretically yes but in reality no. I'm being honest when I say that due to climate change, I'm not sure that the land RH is on is really suitable for housing in that its on sea level, in that wet summer last year we were stuffed. Water everywhere and it had nowhere to go. Tasmania GC land would be worth a mint. I guess another thing is that old members want flat courses for walking or carts. Barnbougle doesn't accommodate this and I don't know if 7 mile will? Both courses just need to present themselves well and ride on the coat tails of 7 mile. 40 or 50 blokes each week paying $100+ per round does a lot for your bottom line.

Theoretically yes but in reality no. I'm being honest when I say that due to climate change, I'm not sure that the land RH is on is really suitable for housing in that its on sea level, in that wet summer last year we were stuffed. Water everywhere and it had nowhere to go. Tasmania GC land would be worth a mint. I guess another thing is that old members want flat courses for walking or carts. Barnbougle doesn't accommodate this and I don't know if 7 mile will? Both courses just need to present themselves well and ride on the coat tails of 7 mile. 40 or 50 blokes each week paying $100+ per round does a lot for your bottom line.

Will be looking at having a round in late November at one of Tasmania or RH . hopefully.

Cheers Bicco. Suspect both clubs will need to have strong boards that look aggressively toward the future and not be dictated to by the old members.

With one course at 7MB you may initially get a few weekend groups looking for a second game. When the second course is built this will really fall away. The weekenders will just play once at each course. And those on a longer trip will then go to Barnbougle.

No one I've ever spoken to has ever played at Bridport GC.

Cheers Bicco. Suspect both clubs will need to have strong boards that look aggressively toward the future and not be dictated to by the old members.

With one course at 7MB you may initially get a few weekend groups looking for a second game. When the second course is built this will really fall away. The weekenders will just play once at each course. And those on a longer trip will then go to Barnbougle.

No one I've ever spoken to has ever played at Bridport GC.
Both clubs have discounted youth membership and both have pretty healthy membership numbers.RH probable does a wedding per month in the clubhouse and the restaurant generally does pretty well. Plus we’ve got some land we’re unsuccessfully trying to subdivide and sell (locals complaining which goes to your earlier question around selling the land) so both clubs financially ok without being great.
You make a good point about FIFO golfers. You’re correct, none would play any local courses at all. Ever. They fly in, play and leave. The majority wouldn’t even eat in Launceston on their way to Barnbougle if they don’t fly there directly. Golfers actually put very little money into the local economy. It’s definitely one of the challenges for local government to get people to stay and spend money here. Royal and Tassie are far better courses than Bridport though, so that’s in their favour. Should South Arm open up, then a week long stay ( 7mi x 2, South Arm, RH and Tassie) in Hobart becomes more doable and wives may come too. Then it becomes a real destination. The 7mi courses wont take much of the local players, they will be too expensive for week in week out play and no memberships are on offer.
Hobart really is a great place to spend a week and do something different everyday without having to go more than 30 mins in any direction. People just need to learn that our summer doesn’t start until January! We can have snow in December.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Your latest Round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back