80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:
Both clubs have discounted youth membership and both have pretty healthy membership numbers.RH probable does a wedding per month in the clubhouse and the restaurant generally does pretty well. Plus we’ve got some land we’re unsuccessfully trying to subdivide and sell (locals complaining which goes to your earlier question around selling the land) so both clubs financially ok without being great.
You make a good point about FIFO golfers. You’re correct, none would play any local courses at all. Ever. They fly in, play and leave. The majority wouldn’t even eat in Launceston on their way to Barnbougle if they don’t fly there directly. Golfers actually put very little money into the local economy. It’s definitely one of the challenges for local government to get people to stay and spend money here. Royal and Tassie are far better courses than Bridport though, so that’s in their favour. Should South Arm open up, then a week long stay ( 7mi x 2, South Arm, RH and Tassie) in Hobart becomes more doable and wives may come too. Then it becomes a real destination. The 7mi courses wont take much of the local players, they will be too expensive for week in week out play and no memberships are on offer.
Hobart really is a great place to spend a week and do something different everyday without having to go more than 30 mins in any direction. People just need to learn that our summer doesn’t start until January! We can have snow in December.

Suprised that 7 mile won't have a local membership arm, maybe they will offer the local caddie route for kickbacks like they do at Barnbougle.

Now that I work for a Tassie company, hoping to come down few times a year and fit in golf most times I come.

Suprised that 7 mile won't have a local membership arm, maybe they will offer the local caddie route for kickbacks like they do at Barnbougle.

Now that I work for a Tassie company, hoping to come down few times a year and fit in golf most times I come.
I could be wrong on the membership but I haven't heard anything. But charging $5k+ down here is basically double royal and unheard of.
PM me when you're down. You know I'm playing most evenings in summer.

Finished on 33 pts. I’ve been playing a fair bit better since mid July when I started to focus on shortening my backswing and smooth tempo rather than hitting the cover off the ball. Also fixed some alignment issues (my shoulders weren’t square with my feet). Actually been hitting it further as a result when I make good contact, which is more often. Short game is still a problem at times.

IMG_5304.jpeg

Definitely trending in the right direction after being soft capped at 25.9 in July. Now if I can sort out my putting…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

36 points benalla yesterday

15 points today - only played 8 holes then slipped over and wrenched knee, blown up like a balloon. No more golf today. Drugs and beer

My old home track. Tight and short course...used to be well maintained when I lived there. Not a bad, little country course.
It's pretty average atm, but always enjoyable

The National gc old course. It was nice and sunny with wind. lots of it. felt like a big man hitting down the wind, and minor and minute into it. Played low balls both ways to accommodate. A score in the 30s was ok, pleasing some form came back. 40 putts. interesting

I shot 80/67 (par 69) on Tuesday at my home course, City Golf Club. Three over off the stick for the back nine and had four fours to start the front nine (2 over). The last 8 holes took 2.5 hours and I lost my rhythm. The first 10 holes took 2 hours. I had three double bogeys in a row before finishing with two pars.
Happy with the round but I let a potentially great round slip. Funny thing is that I thrive on regular golf. I hadn’t played for 2 weeks and before those two games in three days it was three weeks break.
IMG_2249.png

I shot 80/67 (par 69) on Tuesday at my home course, City Golf Club. Three over off the stick for the back nine and had four fours to start the front nine (2 over). The last 8 holes took 2.5 hours and I lost my rhythm. The first 10 holes took 2 hours. I had three double bogeys in a row before finishing with two pars.
Happy with the round but I let a potentially great round slip. Funny thing is that I thrive on regular golf. I hadn’t played for 2 weeks and before those two games in three days it was three weeks break.
View attachment 2102276

Nice.
Why so slow? That is criminally slow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Your latest Round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back