80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:

Had a good practice today. Big bucket on the range then some chipping and putting. Played 9 after the comp went through and hardly hit a bad shot tee to green. 2 x3 putts and a chunked chip led to a 3 over round. Felt like I was hitting irons slightly thin, like two or three grooves too low. Nice and straight but distances a bit off. Wasn't getting the putts to the hole either, hence the 3 putts. Pretty clear what I need to work on.

After 14 holes, 2 better than handicap. Finish 5 to the bad.

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

23 points in absolute hellish conditions at Point Lonsdale. Sideways rain for 6 holes, wind blowing 50km/h. Was a great challenge and hit some cracking shots. Second time playing the course and really thought it was much improved since the first time 3 years ago. Greens a little let down, furry and super slow took a while to really adjust.

2 birdies though in my 23 points.

Mate played St Andrews Old Friday and some story to get on. Met a random Aussie bloke at a coffee shop who happened to be a past KH president over their for R & A business.

Mate shot 82 off 12. Amazing.

Mate played St Andrews Old Friday and some story to get on. Met a random Aussie bloke at a coffee shop who happened to be a past KH president over their for R & A business.

Mate shot 82 off 12. Amazing.

I know the guy you're talking about. Ripping fella.
And, get this...he was offered a membership to St Andrews due to his past office bearing and help etc over the years.
(can get his closest friends a game. Not me. Yet))

23 points in absolute hellish conditions at Point Lonsdale. Sideways rain for 6 holes, wind blowing 50km/h. Was a great challenge and hit some cracking shots. Second time playing the course and really thought it was much improved since the first time 3 years ago. Greens a little let down, furry and super slow took a while to really adjust.

Like yourself was wetter than an otters pocket yesterday. Not sure if i enjoyed the game or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And, get this...he was offered a membership to St Andrews due to his past office bearing and help etc over the years.
I think i know him as well... 1st initial N?
Boy does he have some stories to tell of his trips to The Open

He got some family of my mate on for dark tee time, they got to hole 16.

But all were able to go into members only clubhouse. Amazing experience.

Like yourself was wetter than an otters pocket yesterday. Not sure if i enjoyed the game or not.
What is wrong with you two? 😂

Hole 1 - drive down right side of fairway, hard bounce right. Managed to end up behind a tree on the right side. Had to use the back of a 5 iron to get it back into play.

Hole 2 - par putt from 10 feet, aimed inside right lip. Dead straight, catches inside of right lip, rides the inside back of the hole and pops out in from the hole.

Holes 3 - 18 - refers hole 1 and 2.

30 points. Good result given the sh!t I kept getting in.

My purple patch continues. I had 38 points today at Tenterfield Golf Course with no wipes. Played off 12 today (par 71).
It was my best round at Tenterfield but should’ve been better. 18 points on the front to start where the driver continued its’ poor form until it couldn’t miss from hole 11.
I finished with 20 points on the back but I started to choke on 15 and 16 with one pointers from great positions. Got nervous but that disappeared with good pars on 17 and 18.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Your latest Round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back