-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:
1726736443466.png

Easy CLAPS!

Nice Monday afternoon down at Ocean Dunes with the FIL and BIL.

Solo on the Tuesday in the rain, will probably hire a cart last minute even though the walk will be great. Wind doesn't look too bad.

Will send some pics of the new clubhouse down at Cape Whickham. Good bye farm shed.

View attachment 2115059

Easy CLAPS!

Nice Monday afternoon down at Ocean Dunes with the FIL and BIL.

Solo on the Tuesday in the rain, will probably hire a cart last minute even though the walk will be great. Wind doesn't look too bad.

Will send some pics of the new clubhouse down at Cape Whickham. Good bye farm shed.
How many FIL'S do you have? :think:
Or more to the point...how many GF's?

Even with the soft cap activated I’m out 3.3 in the last 20 rounds. Last time I played to handicap was 27 rounds ago. Last November.

Praise the Jesus, I had a good round.

Wasn't great with the driver, but kept it in play. Irons were crisp, and a couple of three putts in the middle aside, putting was good. Rolled a couple of 4 to 6 footers in early, firm and into the back of the cup, did wonders for my confidence.

IMG_1295.jpeg

Praise the Jesus, I had a good round.

Wasn't great with the driver, but kept it in play. Irons were crisp, and a couple of three putts in the middle aside, putting was good. Rolled a couple of 4 to 6 footers in early, firm and into the back of the cup, did wonders for my confidence.

View attachment 2116871
Thats the Planet we know!!

We've had shocking weather down here. Snow on the mountain, heaps of rain and plenty of wind. Have struggled to get my swing recently but hit 1 over for 9 this evening. A great round after doubling the 1st. Hit a lot of good shots but a fantastic 25m chip on the par 5 6th. Missed the green right with my 3 wood, short sided myself with a bunker between, pin maybe 4m over the bunker. Hit the chip (been working very hard on chipping as Ive struggled to get up and down) perfectly, pin high 3m right, rolled in for birdie. The reason we play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3visited Sorrento GC and played a round. A score with a 3 in front made it satisfying. Fun course with adventurous dog leg holes. 🕳️

A few swipes.

The up and down topography made it a roller coaster type encounter. Weeeee

Drove well. Lost a ball on the second par 3 into the water.

Some great shots and some crap ones too.

🪵 were pretty good
Irons ok but have work to do.

3visited Sorrento GC and played a round. A score with a 3 in front made it satisfying. Fun course with adventurous dog leg holes. 🕳️

A few swipes.

The up and down topography made it a roller coaster type encounter. Weeeee

Drove well. Lost a ball on the second par 3 into the water.

Some great shots and some crap ones too.

🪵 were pretty good
Irons ok but have work to do.

So overall on the course?
We’ve got lots of Sorrento members at KH and they talk it up big time.
But you do hear the occasional gripe about layout, quirky doglegs everywhere. Renowned as being very well maintained. What do you reckon?

But you do hear the occasional gripe about layout, quirky doglegs everywhere. Renowned as being very well maintained. What do you reckon?
Beautifully maintained, can’t fault it.
The 18th is possibly the worst finishing hole I’ve played anywhere….hitting up to a green 20-30mts??? Above the fairway. Some of the sideways sloping fairways could be improved, but quite a few really good holes as well.
You can only work with the land you have so in general it’s a pretty good course, Portsea is better (layout wise) imo.
Sorry I’m not peternorth 🤭

Thanks for the quote.

I found it quirky and interesting overall. Quite forgiving greens in terms of backstops. Nothing really stood out to me.
dog legs with blind shots provide interest but overall i think it would give people the shits.

fairways have suffered with the poor weather and some alien intrusion into the grass which has been dealt with. Looks off colour but imo its dormant which is what grass does in winter. so did not find it a problem at all.

would play again.

Beautifully maintained, can’t fault it.
The 18th is possibly the worst finishing hole I’ve played anywhere….hitting up to a green 20-30mts??? Above the fairway. Some of the sideways sloping fairways could be improved, but quite a few really good holes as well.
You can only work with the land you have so in general it’s a pretty good course, Portsea is better (layout wise) imo.
Sorry I’m not peternorth 🤭

Agreed with the final hole. Standing on the fairway i thought hey its kinda like The Australian GC. Then remembered Oz doesnt have that elevated green. In fact the only similarities was bunkers on the hole and the cluhouse to the left. and green grass. yeah its not the same.

i can see many many players thinning or overhitting the green and smacking into those on the practice green.

Ocean Dunes.

Started out like a man who is 25 handicap. Doubles and triples, three putts all over the place. One ball in the ocean, another one caused me to nearly step on a tiger snake.

From hole 7 onwards though I turned into Bob McIntyre. Had birdie putts from within 20 feet on nearly all the holes. 10 pars and 2 birdies. No dropped shots. -2 for the back 9 (best before was +4 for 9), arguably should have been -4 with 2 lip outs. 80 off the stick (career best), 39 points including 32 points for last 12 holes.

Spectacular ocean views, course fairways needed some water. Off to Cape Whickham today, can't wait

Ocean Dunes.

Started out like a man who is 25 handicap. Doubles and triples, three putts all over the place. One ball in the ocean, another one caused me to nearly step on a tiger snake.

From hole 7 onwards though I turned into Bob McIntyre. Had birdie putts from within 20 feet on nearly all the holes. 10 pars and 2 birdies. No dropped shots. -2 for the back 9 (best before was +4 for 9), arguably should have been -4 with 2 lip outs. 80 off the stick (career best), 39 points including 32 points for last 12 holes.

Spectacular ocean views, course fairways needed some water. Off to Cape Whickham today, can't wait
A PB is a great achievement, especially on such a great course. Well done.

Ocean Dunes.

Great work mate!!! Photos please.

Also you are not a golfer if you dont lose a ball into the ocean there

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Your latest Round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back