-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:

AM - The Nash Gunnamatta course.
1st hole par 5, on in 3, walked off with an 8!
Set the tone for the round.
Did not miss a fairway off the tee ( Mini Driver was on fire)
Putting was absolutely appalling….45 plus.
28 pts.

PM - The Dunes
Mini Driver on fire again , did not miss a fairway again.
Putting approx 42
29pts.

Was such a deflating day….never hit them better off the tee, never putted worse.
Got to the stage I was 3 putting from a metre….IBF level.

Was striking the ball well enough to have 40 pts on both courses.
Now have stiff back, sore feet and mentally drained…..but I’d do it again tomorrow.

Ps , I noticed someone had a 63 off the stick at Gunnamatta, 10 birds, 8 pars, that’s some round.

Lovely little mates comp down at Flinders. Weather sublime.

2 ball ambrose event, paired with mates. We were stiffed as near low handicap but still 41 points, 1 birdie, 2 bogeys and rest pars. We hit 16/18 GIR but had the yips with the putter big time.

Haven't played there in a fair while and thought it was actually in fantastic condition. Some interesting holes and if they fixed up 15-17 I think could be even better. Not overly long course, lots of wedge action (felt like the pros too off the back tees ha).

Weather is improving, its time to start hitting the courses up.

Oh, punch up on the our 4th yesterday (we were waiting on the tee) as some bloke hit his ball across from another fairway onto ours. Another bloke coming up a different fairway steps out and hits the ball towards his green. Words were spoken and voices started to raise. They squared up and about 4 punches each were thrown with nothing major landed. Lol.

Oh, punch up on the our 4th yesterday (we were waiting on the tee) as some bloke hit his ball across from another fairway onto ours. Another bloke coming up a different fairway steps out and hits the ball towards his green. Words were spoken and voices started to raise. They squared up and about 4 punches each were thrown with nothing major landed. Lol.
Course?

Need this in a diagram please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never seen anyone angry ever on a course other than me and at my golf swing.

I've been that angry...mostly inwards though, occasionally its obvious but with myself mostly.
Padraig Harrington had a good line about amateur golfers getting angry with themselves. Was playing with Ric Shiels, who is a plus marker. Ric was exasperated after a shot. Paddy asks him, "Now, do you think you are a good enough player to justify getting angry at any golf shot? You're not."

It's a good way to think about it.

8pm New Years Eve last year I saw an awesome punch up on a golf course - or, more accurately, the aftermath. A trespasser, who apparently did this regularly, had jumped the fence at Portsea GC and was firing a shag bag's worth of drivers towards the 4th green, teeing it up on the fairway. Guess he thought it would be a quiet time on the course.

It was, except for the course superintendent, who may or may not have had imbibed a few beverages. He rocks up to the trespasser, with his daughter in the cart as well. The matter escalates, punches are thrown, clubs(Driver and 3w) are snapped, the police are called. Think the cops were pretty happy to head to the golf course rather than deal with drunk teenagers on the foreshore as two divvy vans readily arrived.

End result was that the trespasser was fined for trespass. That super is no longer at Portsea, but not sure if this incident was related to his departure.

Padraig Harrington had a good line about amateur golfers getting angry with themselves. Was playing with Ric Shiels, who is a plus marker. Ric was exasperated after a shot. Paddy asks him, "Now, do you think you are a good enough player to justify getting angry at any golf shot? You're not."

8pm New Years Eve last year I saw an awesome punch up on a golf course - or, more accurately, the aftermath. A trespasser, who apparently did this regularly, had jumped the fence at Portsea GC and was firing a shag bag's worth of drivers towards the 4th green, teeing it up on the fairway. Guess he thought it would be a quiet time on the course.

It was, except for the course superintendent, who may or may not have had imbibed a few beverages. He rocks up to the trespasser, with his daughter in the cart as well. The matter escalates, punches are thrown, clubs(Driver and 3w) are snapped, the police are called. Think the cops were pretty happy to head to the golf course rather than deal with drunk teenagers on the foreshore as two divvy vans readily arrived.

End result was that the trespasser was fined for trespass. That super is no longer at Portsea, but not sure if this incident was related to his departure.
I think golfers have different emotions rather than just anger. For me it's either dissapointment, and I guess I might get angry at myself. But probably more exasperation. Last night for example, I was playing beautifully. Up to the 7th I'd hardly missed a fairway, hit 4 of 6 GIR and just felt really good. Stood on the 7th tee with 3w in hand (took that club for a number of reasons) and just fully sliced it. Completely out of the blue. I have no idea why it happened. Next two tee shots found the fairway/1st cut. So that 3w, was really frustrating because it just didn't fit the rest of the round.

I think golfers have different emotions rather than just anger. For me it's either dissapointment, and I guess I might get angry at myself. But probably more exasperation. Last night for example, I was playing beautifully. Up to the 7th I'd hardly missed a fairway, hit 4 of 6 GIR and just felt really good. Stood on the 7th tee with 3w in hand (took that club for a number of reasons) and just fully sliced it. Completely out of the blue. I have no idea why it happened. Next two tee shots found the fairway/1st cut. So that 3w, was really frustrating because it just didn't fit the rest of the round.
I think what Paddy was getting at is that recreational golfers, even pros for that matter, should realise that bad shots/bad results/unlucky outcomes are always going to happen, so if you can(no one can all the time) control your reactions, you will play better golf - or at least you will enjoy it more.

On the topic of getting angry (or not) I had 38 points today even after wiping two of the first 4 holes. I find some days it’s easier than to keep emotions in check. Maybe it was the beautiful sunshine and light breeze. Highlight was probably a GIR and par on the 8th for I think the first time ever.

Any anger comes from frustration and disappointment for me, probably when I put in an extended period of practice and effort and don't see results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Your latest Round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back