Your "Other Teams"

Remove this Banner Ad

NBA: Massive Phoenix Suns since 1992, mainly because of Barkley, and I didn't want to jump on the Bulls bandwagon. I watch 1 or 2 games a week. Favourite players Barkley, KJ, Majerle, Nash, Marion, Stoudemire, Booker, Bridges.

EPL: Big Liverpool fan since watching as a kid in the late 70s. In hindsight its nice to follow a worldwide massive team that is always competitive in every competition. Favourite players Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen, Mo Salah. Don't watch much lately as I have no access. Just the highlights, socials etc.

NCAA Basketball : Started following the Kentucky Wildcats when watching "March Madness" in about 2016. Always competitive and as a mostly "one and done" team multiple players are drafted every year, so once drafted I can follow their progress in the NBA. There are about 28 former Wildcats in the NBA right now. (Kentucky wear blue and white as well)

F1 : Ferrari since televised in the late 70s thanks to my Dad, follow the Aussie drivers as well.

Cricket: Australia, just tests the last few years. The 20-20 is garbage and the 50 overs have little interest these days.

NBL: Jack jumpers, but not a huge follower of the NBL anymore.

MLB: Arizona Diamondbacks, lucky enough to watch them closely the year they won the "World Series" in 2001.

NFNL ( Northern Football Netball League)- Epping
EDFL - Craigieburn
VAFA - Fitzroy
WGFNL (West Gippsland Football Netball League) - Inverloch - Kongwak Eagles
SANFL - Norwood ( Soft spot for West Adelaide)
WAFL - East Perth
NRL - Melbourne Storm
NFL - Houston Texans also a massive soft spot for the Detroit Lions, always keeping an eye them.
NBA - Golden State Warriors ( since early 90's the days of Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway)
NPL Vic - Craigieburn City
EPL - (more the players than teams, Calafiori, Chiesa, Vicario) but if it was a team - Crystal Palace
Serie A- Roma
International Football - Italy
MLB- New York Mets

Prior to this year, i would have said Knicks, Seahawks and SSC Napoli

However, at the start of the year I started going to Storm games with my partner who is from QLD

Since then, I've become a complete Storm nuffy and have been to pretty much every home game that doesn't clash with a North game

Once I realised rugby league is basically a faster, more fun version of american football, i've gotten into it heavily.

I've largely lost interest in all my 'other teams' as nothing beats actually being able to attend games and follow a club that represents your city.

NBA: Massive Phoenix Suns since 1992, mainly because of Barkley, and I didn't want to jump on the Bulls bandwagon. I watch 1 or 2 games a week. Favourite players Barkley, KJ, Majerle, Nash, Marion, Stoudemire, Booker, Bridges.

EPL: Big Liverpool fan since watching as a kid in the late 70s. In hindsight its nice to follow a worldwide massive team that is always competitive in every competition. Favourite players Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen, Mo Salah. Don't watch much lately as I have no access. Just the highlights, socials etc.

NCAA Basketball : Started following the Kentucky Wildcats when watching "March Madness" in about 2016. Always competitive and as a mostly "one and done" team multiple players are drafted every year, so once drafted I can follow their progress in the NBA. There are about 28 former Wildcats in the NBA right now. (Kentucky wear blue and white as well)

F1 : Ferrari since televised in the late 70s thanks to my Dad, follow the Aussie drivers as well.

Cricket: Australia, just tests the last few years. The 20-20 is garbage and the 50 overs have little interest these days.

NBL: Jack jumpers, but not a huge follower of the NBL anymore.

MLB: Arizona Diamondbacks, lucky enough to watch them closely the year they won the "World Series" in 2001.

NFNL ( Northern Football Netball League)- Epping
EDFL - Craigieburn
VAFA - Fitzroy
WGFNL (West Gippsland Football Netball League) - Inverloch - Kongwak Eagles
SANFL - Norwood ( Soft spot for West Adelaide)
WAFL - East Perth
NRL - Melbourne Storm
NFL - Houston Texans also a massive soft spot for the Detroit Lions, always keeping an eye them.
NBA - Golden State Warriors ( since early 90's the days of Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway)
NPL Vic - Craigieburn City
EPL - (more the players than teams, Calafiori, Chiesa, Vicario) but if it was a team - Crystal Palace
Serie A- Roma
International Football - Italy
MLB- New York Mets
GO THE BRAVES! :D

Sorry, had to take a shot after the last couple of days, not that it is doing us any good, we are getting slaughtered by the Padres early in game 1. :(

My username gives away my football team. I'm a Middlesbrough supporter due to my family coming from there. We've won 1 trophy in 148 ish years. That was a League Cup win in 2004 and I was lucky enough to be there for it. One of the better days of my life :)

I was a huge Heidelberg fan in the old NSL days but ended up playing for a different club so my loyalties changed.

I am a Chicago Cubs fan. That came about due to being on a flight by myself as a 10 or 11 year old. I got sat next to some Americans from Chicago and chatted to them for the flight. At some stage they must have asked when my birthday was and when that came around I received every type of Cubs gear you could think of...jersey, tracksuit, cap, stickers, badges...the whole lot. I never heard from them again but it made me a Cubbies fan for life. They have also won 1 title in my lifetime when they won the World Series in 2016...their first since 1908 :)

The Celtics are my basketball side and I followed them in the 80's (I'm old) due to them having a football teams name. They would be the one team I follow that actually do well historically.

No real other teams tbh...I was a Balmain fan in League but never seriously. Have never been able to get into NFL but chose Redskins as a kid...both of those sides are terrible too :)

I think I have masochistic tendencies when it comes to who I support. The highs are bloody high though!

My username gives away my football team. I'm a Middlesbrough supporter due to my family coming from there. We've won 1 trophy in 148 ish years. That was a League Cup win in 2004 and I was lucky enough to be there for it. One of the better days of my life :)

I was a huge Heidelberg fan in the old NSL days but ended up playing for a different club so my loyalties changed.

I am a Chicago Cubs fan. That came about due to being on a flight by myself as a 10 or 11 year old. I got sat next to some Americans from Chicago and chatted to them for the flight. At some stage they must have asked when my birthday was and when that came around I received every type of Cubs gear you could think of...jersey, tracksuit, cap, stickers, badges...the whole lot. I never heard from them again but it made me a Cubbies fan for life. They have also won 1 title in my lifetime when they won the World Series in 2016...their first since 1908 :)

The Celtics are my basketball side and I followed them in the 80's (I'm old) due to them having a football teams name. They would be the one team I follow that actually do well historically.

No real other teams tbh...I was a Balmain fan in League but never seriously. Have never been able to get into NFL but chose Redskins as a kid...both of those sides are terrible too :)

I think I have masochistic tendencies when it comes to who I support. The highs are bloody high though!
Kudos to those people who sent gear to a kid they met on on a flight. As a parent, however, I hope you gave them a po bic number.

My avater speaks for itself. South Melbourne FC I also follow wellington in the A League to an extent no victorian teams for me.
EPL - Arsenal my fathers team due to being born in London
Cricket - Australia and the Renegades
Dutch Erdevisie - Go Ahead Eagles - went there in 2016 for a game and they gave me and my brother VIP treatment, tour of the stadium, out on ground before the game, even a post of us was put on their twitter saying the aussies have arrived.

Eagles - NFL - Sav Rocca connection, was lucky enough to do a stadium tour at their home ground in 2017 and been hooked since

Arsenal - EPL - had Arse in their name and goalkeeper named Seaman. As a 12 year old that was all I needed for the laughs, a couple of years later really getting into soccer and finding out they were good and I was a gunner for life

Clippers - NBA - loved basketball my whole life, never had a team but loved Shaq, once he retired needed to pick a team and liked the lob city clippers so went with them, been fortunate to see them play a couple of times and will be sticking with them

Remove this Banner Ad

Your "Other Teams"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back