YVMDFL- Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help but reply -
1/. first of all Hump - possibly the best post of the year - love your work
2/. second - I have a massive amount of respect for Andy - we all know his best footy is past him - we are a very young side needing a few bigger bodies - I have always said horses for courses! Perfect Match up for No.18 at Wandin I reckon - keeps him to 2 goals or less - he has beaten him! Will Wandin have the balls to clear him in time?

Deano, Dave P ex H'ville footballer here, love the reply and hope Andy gets his clearance, wouldn't it be amazing if Wandin get relegated and Andy was at the glen whilst it occured....
Good luck mate you were always going to be a leader of both men and boys (which for all the novices out there) is required to be a successful leader and great coach!

Can't help but reply -
2/. second - I have a massive amount of respect for Andy - we all know his best footy is past him - we are a very young side needing a few bigger bodies - I have always said horses for courses! Perfect Match up for No.18 at Wandin I reckon - keeps him to 2 goals or less - he has beaten him! Will Wandin have the balls to clear him in time?

Regardless of the name, dean your team is your team. If Andy is in your best side, then that is all you need to worry about... BTW... Quick whip around. Who would clear a player to play against your side that weekend? Personally I hope he plays, I think Baz hunter will be on the bench rotating through CHF as well:cool:

How's this sound Ronison... His name WAS on the homepage as a 'new player contact', as my tranquilized turtle was interested in having a kick with players of equal quality, and his number was there as a 'contact'. And it's not anymore. I know my stuff...lol jks... I'm the Damien Barrett of the YVMDFL. Wanna know why? Because...
Kris was sacked as coach of Belgrave this week. Yep. Correct. 100% true. DONE.AND.DUSTED. So, in you're own words, "you can't be paying that much attention"
Very intelligent move by Belgrave...lol jks...should be renamed the Belgrave Comedy Club. Why?
A) They only had 5 decent players, Kris was definitely one of them. So let's get rid of him, leaving them with 4 (1 of which is out for atleast another 8 weeks).
B) It'll open up a position for one of their 'jet' reserve players to come up, the same reserves team who are on the bottom of the ladder...lol jks...might reinvigorate the rest of the senior side, who are essentially a reserves side anyway.
C) Their assistant coach will be steering the rabble-ship for the rest of the season, the same guy who has assisted in their mind blowing game plans and set ups they have at present, which are hugely successful...lol jks...he probably couldn't beat a 4 year old at battleships.
D) Would hate to be playing them this week, they will instantly now be a 15 goal better side for the above reasons...lol jks...If you have a side of flogs, you have a side of flogs. Finals ARE beyond them, and now they are a good player down, same style of play, and you can't polish a ****.

only a rumour so dont jump on it, but have heard on the grape vine 2 so called guns from boronia are heading over to belgrave?? dont know names so dont ask but can anyone help us out?

and the contact info for new players was changed before the season started as Kris has had phone troubles.

How's this sound Ronison... His name WAS on the homepage as a 'new player contact', as my tranquilized turtle was interested in having a kick with players of equal quality, and his number was there as a 'contact'. And it's not anymore. I know my stuff...lol jks... I'm the Damien Barrett of the YVMDFL. .

Your just repeating what i said!!!! Damien Barrett???? You sound more like Craig Hutchison!!!!
As for the rest of your post, that is sooo yesterdays news!!!
You've been trumped by Blue Boy their mate :)

BREAKING NEWS
Emeralds rich uncle has passed away and has left them $500,000 to do as they please! Rumors are spreading that they will have bought Balwyns entire senior team by seasons end!

BREAKING NEWS
Emeralds rich uncle has passed away and has left them $500,000 to do as they please! Rumors are spreading that they will have bought Balwyns entire senior team by seasons end!

So what do the local boys think of this a they all will be replaced by these buy ins.....

So what do the local boys think of this a they all will be replaced by these buy ins.....

Why do you care? You were vigorous in your defense of Seville with the payment of players now are potting another club. Pot Kettle blueboy!

Look out warby and silvan, he comes emerald!

The guy was sacked on Monday without notice I'd doubt very much Emerald or any club for that matter would have a reserve of money to offload mid season. Sounds as though your worried blueboy.

Can't help but reply -

mmm not sure on this move, but as others said your team Deano - live & die by the sword.
Tip... No need to reply on some of these matters - dont give air to oxygen
thief’s your better than that:thumbsu:

Can't help but reply -

Loving your work Deano:thumbsu: I dont know if you intend on playing Andy nor do i have an opinion or care whether he does. But by the looks of things you certainly have the Wandin boys looking over their shoulders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy was sacked on Monday without notice I'd doubt very much Emerald or any club for that matter would have a reserve of money to offload mid season. Sounds as though your worried blueboy.

Your eating your own words finger.like you said at the start of the year, like any player would just come on over for free! What was it, just to play with mates...... And a paid player/coach to go somewhere for free? You really are a toss pot! Oh and worried ? Extremely!

Your eating your own words finger.like you said at the start of the year, like any player would just come on over for free! What was it, just to play with mates...... And a paid player/coach to go somewhere for free? You really are a toss pot! Oh and worried ?

You have no idea at all do you clown? Do you believe Emerald had a heap of spare cash floating around on the off chance a good player got sacked mid season? Seriously your that far off on how a club works it's not funny. Get a clue.

only a rumour so dont jump on it, but have heard on the grape vine 2 so called guns from boronia are heading over to belgrave?? dont know names so dont ask but can anyone help us out?

James and Richard McNamara used to play at Olinda (Tees can probably give a heads up). I think one was suspended a couple of weeks ago for 4 matches, might be wrong.

Also notice that James has now put in an application to be cleared back to EFL club Doncaster.

James and Richard McNamara used to play at Olinda (Tees can probably give a heads up). I think one was suspended a couple of weeks ago for 4 matches, might be wrong.

Also notice that James has now put in an application to be cleared back to EFL club Doncaster.

Spot on as always Guru.
The Mac boys (x4 actually) are all products of our Junior and Senior club. Ritchie played in our 2005 Senior flag when he was 18-19yo. Went to Boronia around the start of 2007 with a few OFC boys. He was suspended a little while back and has a bit of a history of this (at EFL level anyway). Is a good bloke though, always enjoyed being around him.
Jimmy and Tommy (who has been at Belly I think) are pretty talented lads. Tom joined Ritchie at Boronia whilst Jim spent 2 years (I think it was 2) at East Burwood. There's a younger brother who I don't think has a kick anymore.
I think Tom went to Belly last year and was fairly consistant. I remember him making his Senior debut in 2006 in Div 1 (ironically against Belly I think) and he got 5 or 6 goals. If Ritch and Jim end up at Belly, they'll make pretty handy inclusions, especially for so late in the year. It sounds like they are certainly required. I cannot imagine them heading up that way for zero (I couldn't help myself) but you never know. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised, but I know as well as anyone that the lure of playing footy with your brother/s can be particularly strong.

The Mac boys (x4 actually) are all products of our Junior and Senior club.

I was always under the impression that they started at Belgrave (DRJFL) and along with thier old man were asked to leave for being, well, tossers.

For any clown who actually believes that emerald inherited $500,000 to buy players, you need a reality check. Maybe people just want to play for a successful club? It's a scary thought to think you guys believe everything you read on this website. For the first time in history The Finger is the smartest bloke in this thread.

For any clown who actually believes that emerald inherited $500,000 to buy players, you need a reality check. Maybe people just want to play for a successful club? It's a scary thought to think you guys believe everything you read on this website. For the first time in history The Finger is the smartest bloke in this thread.
have to agree with the above, my old mate finger is correct in his sentiments too. to suggest that emerald have stashed a river of cash away and just waited in the reeds to pounce on disgruntled blokes everywhere after round 7 is utterly ridiculous. last time i checked the object is to win games in the hope of tasting the ultimate success, so would of thought strenghening your list at whatever stage of the year when the opportunity presents itself is a no brainer. cant understand the vitriol being thrown around on here simply because emerald, by the sounds of it, are running a pretty successful/efficient unit. good luck to them.

Healesville v Woori Yallock

This Saturday will see the 170th match between Healesville and Woori Yallock - easily the most matches between any two clubs. Healesville lead 94-74 so far, with one match drawn. The first meeting was in 1909, and they have been playing each other every year since 1963. That means that this is the 49th year in a row that the clubs have played - quite a feat in what is now a two-division competition (NB - Carlton and Collingwood have played at least one match every year since 1892). Woori have won 8 of their last 10 matches against Healesville, but the two games that Healesville won were both finals. Healesville have won only 6 of their 27 finals since their 1988 premiership.

Warburton-Millgrove v Upwey-Tecoma

Upwey have a 72-15 record against Warburton-Millgrove in 87 matches, and have won the last 14 matches dating back to 2003. The Burras reached their nadir in 2009 when Upwey beat them by 174 and 168 points. I guess this is yet another long winning streak that will be broken this weekend. Should be a good game though.

Yarra Glen v Wandin

Wandin haven’t lost away against Yarra Glen since 1930. Well, not in the Yarra Valley leagues anyway. And yes, they have only played at Yarra Glen 12 times since then. But it is still a long time. Overall, Wandin have won 24 of the last 26 matches against Yarra Glen since 1935. This could be a good match too. Yarra Glen were so impressive on the weekend that I can’t believe they’re on the bottom. Wandin looked good too. I wonder if they would mind playing this on Sunday too? Would like to see it.

Gembrook-Cockatoo v Olinda-Ferny Creek

These two much prefer playing at each other’s ground. Gembrook have won 18 of their last 22 at Olinda. Olinda have won 7 of their last 10 at Gembrook. Included in those 7 wins was a 150 point thumping in round 9, 1996, when Olinda kicked 31.13 (199) to Gembrook 6.13 (49). Champion Olinda full forward, T. Scott kicked 15, 16 or 18 goals that day - I do not know exactly how many. After Gembrook’s four-year stint in second division, Olinda returned in 2001 to a Gembrook ground that was now surrounded by pine stumps instead of pine trees. Not much had changed on the field, as Olinda’s 31.8 (194) to 8.9 (57) win showed.

Seville v Emerald

Emerald actually have a pretty good record at Seville, with 8 wins and a draw in 23 matches there. Emerald’s most recent wins were in 2007 and 2008. Seville has always been a particularly low-scoring ground for visiting sides - Emerald’s highest score at the ground is just 17.10 (112) in 1974.

Interesting second division fixture this season - Yarra Junction are making their second trip to Powelltown and Yea go to Alexandra for the second time.

The Mac boys (x4 actually) are all products of our Junior and Senior club.

I was always under the impression that they started at Belgrave (DRJFL) and along with thier old man were asked to leave for being, well, tossers.

Don't know if thats true LK, you seem on top of that one though so I'll back you on that. The boys have played cricket at Belly as well. As for the reasons why if your right, well I guess only the Macs can answer that.

So i assume Ossie is taking over the reins at Belly for the remainder of the year??? Interesting situation they find themselves in if he is, as a former gun player (and bloke) was told when he applied for the top job a couple of years back that he was to young and didnt have enough experience. Same bloke is now assistant at South Belly and by all reports doing a top job.

Just another example of that mob contiuing to alienate good people from the club.

So i assume Ossie is taking over the reins at Belly for the remainder of the year??? Interesting situation they find themselves in if he is, as a former gun player (and bloke) was told when he applied for the top job a couple of years back that he was to young and didnt have enough experience. Same bloke is now assistant at South Belly and by all reports doing a top job.

Just another example of that mob contiuing to alienate good people from the club.
That player would be one David Bilston l think.

How's Wandin going with the Andy Goodwin clearence?

"Champion Olinda full forward, T. Scott kicked 15, 16 or 18 goals that day - I do not know exactly how many."

Hey Derby Tim is rather modest but rang me and said that he thought he had kicked all 31 goals........and i was sure that game was at olinda :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back