Speculation Zach Merrett

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the Saints are testing the waters, apparently Merrett is good mates with Stringer who has apparently told people close he has played his last game for the Bombers, Zach went to the coach to ask why Leverde & Stringer were not given long-term contracts.

Looks like the Saints are testing the waters, apparently Merrett is good mates with Stringer who has apparently told people close he has played his last game for the Bombers, Zach went to the coach to ask why Leverde & Stringer were not given long-term contracts.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let's take a look at what St Kilda has pick 7 & 24 in this years draft

It would need to be pick 7 & a future first round pick, I am not sure I would be doing that for a 28 year old.. if I am the Saints.
If I was a Bombers supporter I would jump though a window for that deal though, if St Kilda are going after Zach Merrett there is a good chance they know what they are going to have to be willing to part with.

So let's take a look at what St Kilda has pick 7 & 24 in this years draft

It would need to be pick 7 & a future first round pick, I am not sure I would be doing that for a 28 year old.. if I am the Saints.
If I was a Bombers supporter I would jump though a window for that deal though, if St Kilda are going after Zach Merrett there is a good chance they know what they are going to have to be willing to part with.

Or - and I would suggest this is far more likely - they know they're no chance of getting him and are just trying to cause a bit of unrest and see if anything falls from the tree when they shake it.

Or - and I would suggest this is far more likely - they know they're no chance of getting him and are just trying to cause a bit of unrest and see if anything falls from the tree when they shake it.
St Kilda are in the worst situation imo list wise middle of the road. they are not a contender or a bottom side, but Ross will not rebuild.

St Kilda are in the worst situation imo list wise middle of the road. they are not a contender or a bottom side, but Ross will not rebuild.
Unless you haven’t noticed we have been drafting and playing many kids so we are in fact rebuilding on the run we just aren’t a complete rabble at the same time

Unless you haven’t noticed we have been drafting and playing many kids so we are in fact rebuilding on the run we just aren’t a complete rabble at the same time
I just don't think going after a guy that will be 29 next year would be the right play for St Kilda, like others might disagree but he will cost a lot & is under contract so Essendon will have the right to ask for 2 first rounders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Zach Merrett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back