Speculation Zach Merrett

Remove this Banner Ad

So let's take a look at what St Kilda has pick 7 & 24 in this years draft

It would need to be pick 7 & a future first round pick, I am not sure I would be doing that for a 28 year old.. if I am the Saints.
If I was a Bombers supporter I would jump though a window for that deal though, if St Kilda are going after Zach Merrett there is a good chance they know what they are going to have to be willing to part with.

7 and a future first wouldn’t do it. Keep going.

7, 24 and a future first is getting closer.

So let's take a look at what St Kilda has pick 7 & 24 in this years draft

It would need to be pick 7 & a future first round pick, I am not sure I would be doing that for a 28 year old.. if I am the Saints.
If I was a Bombers supporter I would jump though a window for that deal though, if St Kilda are going after Zach Merrett there is a good chance they know what they are going to have to be willing to part with.
If they get band 1 for battle they could do 7 and 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't think going after a guy that will be 29 next year would be the right play for St Kilda, like others might disagree but he will cost a lot & is under contract so Essendon will have the right to ask for 2 first rounders.
You could he right and he probably isn’t what we need especially for what the draft capital would be

Leaked by the saints to Tom. It's never happening. He's contracted. It's king and this years first. St kilda are never offering this and essendon wouldn't take anything less.

Saints want players to know they are cashed up and have draft capital. With 2 firsts this year. They also play better footy when Max kings not playing

Well he has the shits that Stringer and Laverde won't be at Essendon next year.

It might be a chance.

Might also be Merrett trying to get them new contracts.

talk of two top end firsts is nuts.

would be saints current first and an f2.
Mad Max Reaction GIF

7 and a future first wouldn’t do it. Keep going.

7, 24 and a future first is getting closer.
Age 29, possibly a 2nd rounder & we’ll throw in a pair of Tim Watsons “Reg Grundies” he left behind after he got the arrrr .. the bullet when he thought he could coach. 😜

How much would you expect to get for Lachie Neale because that would be what Essendon want
i love neale but if he wanted out and we got offered pick 7-8 and a future second i think thats a more than reasonable deal.

have to remember merrett is 29 at the start of next year. as good as he is, you arent giving up multiple high end first round picks for him.

The report could be 100% true. Saints could be making an offer to see what the response is, then restructuring payments to ensure they have the cash again next year and all FA can think about that over the summer if their club is giving them the shits!

Otherwise, this is the biggest play to get Laverde to the Saints. Trading for one of his best mates makes sense!

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Zach Merrett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back