Speculation Zach Merrett

Remove this Banner Ad

it will sure be refreshing to have bombers fans come to our board telling us how it wont happen and the astronomical cost if it did,for a legit star player,rather than telling us the benefits of giving up high picks for shiel,maybe thats the whole idea of this exercise,give us a break this year by occupying them with something else

Straight swap Zach Merrett for Dylan Shiel….. oh, that’s right we haven’t got him yet either.

talk of two top end firsts is nuts.

would be saints current first and an f2.

haahaha

i couldn't just leave the laugh emoji.

if saints offered 1st and F2 for merrett, we wouldn't even listen to the entire voicemail before deleting it.

So let's take a look at what St Kilda has pick 7 & 24 in this years draft

It would need to be pick 7 & a future first round pick, I am not sure I would be doing that for a 28 year old.. if I am the Saints.
If I was a Bombers supporter I would jump though a window for that deal though, if St Kilda are going after Zach Merrett there is a good chance they know what they are going to have to be willing to part with.

hell no we wouldn't.

Out and out superstar, one of the best players in the league.

I’d actually understand if he left Essendon, but if he did, surely it is for success.

… St Kilda??

Saints offered 1.4m per season to weitering allegedly, an AFL player driving a lambo might have his head turned a little bit

It’s just such a weird one.

Maybe Merrett wants a re-negotiation (more $) and his manager has pulled a favour with the Saints to help his leverage.

If so… pay the man. And then pay him more.
Yeah maybe looking to get a year added on to his current deal and/or money money.

After all he's just seen what happens if you leave it to the final season like with his mates Stringer and Laverde.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints offered 1.4m per season to weitering allegedly, an AFL player driving a lambo might have his head turned a little bit

he doesnt own that lambo.........he just drove it around for a bit.

Yeah maybe looking to get a year added on to his current deal and/or money money.

After all he's just seen what happens if you leave it to the final season like with his mates Stringer and Laverde.

merrett needs to stay out of that crap.

for someone who wants to achieve what he does, he needs to get over supporting mates who aren't delivering.

it will sure be refreshing to have bombers fans come to our board telling us how it wont happen and the astronomical cost if it did,for a legit star player,rather than telling us the benefits of giving up high picks for shiel,maybe thats the whole idea of this exercise,give us a break this year by occupying them with something else
yeah like jake carlisle...

If I was a St Kilda fan and there is any truth to it at all, I'd be seriously wondering what on earth is going on at my club
there's no truth to it, ole mate Tom has developed an infatuation with us since Ross bagged him out over the Marshall rumors, how much crap has Tom raised about StKilda since. serious case of jilted lover syndrome

No compensation St Kilda can give us is big enough to lose the only captain material on the list and the only one that can actually hit a target.

No way. No deal to whatever St Kilda want to propose. It would be a nightmare if he leaves.

yeah like jake carlisle...
thankfully i missed that one,but try it from our side,did you send your worst nuffies over to non stop keep at us,telling us how great the deal was for us to give up pick 14 for shiel?my goodness,they couldnt take hints or gtfo heres,on and on and on and on and on

thankfully i missed that one,but try it from our side,did you send your worst nuffies over to non stop keep at us,telling us how great the deal was for us to give up pick 14 for shiel?my goodness,they couldnt take hints or gtfo heres,on and on and on and on and on
mate i dont give a shit. just making a point teams overpay all the time.

Should've walked when he was a free agent. No way Bombers will give him up for anything that another club would be willing to offer. Silly season is absolutely upon us!

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Zach Merrett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back