Retiring Zach Tuohy announces retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

r0_0_800_600_w800_h600_fmax.jpg

Such an underrated player. He has been an amazing pickup.

My favourite Tuohy memory is a bit of an unusual one..

With 4:40 left in the QF against Collingwood in 2022, Tuohy took a vital contested mark against Lipinski and kicked it to Rohan, who as we all know kicked that great goal to put us back in front (we were 5-points down at the time).

I genuinely believe we don't win that game (or the flag) if he doesn't mark that. Footy is such a game of inches and he stood up in a key moment to keep us in it. It could of easily gone into Pies forward line, they score and lead by 11 - fair way back from there..

Fantastic player for Geelong , some players you could watch them kick a football all day long , Malarkey was one and Tuohy is another

Tuohy back in the day , year in year out would have been a regular on the World of Sport , Champion kick segment

Tuohy has said his career would not be complete without an AFL Premiership , and i love that bit of play in 22 GF at a guess 10 minutes to go and hes got the ball deep in defence and hes smiling and looking at the crowd , yes weve won it

Always enjoyed his footy and his character. Been a great time and glad he won a flag with us. Thanks Zach. Hope he finds work at the club post playing days. Will miss him. And will miss the dozen different ways we have continued to spell his name! All the best to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't gone on a year too long.
He's not the 120 minute x 25 game a year a guy he was.

But I still love watching him play. He's always brought something unique to the club.

His ability to realise that he has to just lock down and scrag in one moment.
And then to just burst and be a free option 2 minutes later is what has made him.

Thats brilliant instinct from a guy that had not played footy 15 years ago.

I loved an interview I heard with him years ago.
He was in his kitchen. Said something like 'hang on a minute'. And yelled out his sons name.
Came back and said 'sorry about that. My son was out back pissing on my plants". :)

Been a great servant of the club on the field, and hopefully post-career he will be able to sway a few Irish kids to look at playing with us in the future. I can remember stories of him helping the Irish girls (or at least Rachel Kearns) in the AFLW side with their skills when they first arrived at the club during his off-season which is a credit to the bloke.

Hope he plays only 3 games more maximum just because I have a weird cricket stats-inspired dislike of players finishing their careers in the 90s, 190s or 290s for games or goals. :shoutyoldman:

Such an underrated player. He has been an amazing pickup.

My favourite Tuohy memory is a bit of an unusual one..

With 4:40 left in the QF against Collingwood in 2022, Tuohy took a vital contested mark against Lipinski and kicked it to Rohan, who as we all know kicked that great goal to put us back in front (we were 5-points down at the time).

I genuinely believe we don't win that game (or the flag) if he doesn't mark that. Footy is such a game of inches and he stood up in a key moment to keep us in it. It could of easily gone into Pies forward line, they score and lead by 11 - fair way back from there..
Great call. And he played a beautiful game the day of the GF, too - sweeping across the backline, picking off the Swans forward forays and nailing his kicks back the other way.

Can someone remind me and Carlton supporters of the trade, something like a half dozen selections down the draft. Great business, fantastic servant of our club.

Basically pick 16 for zach and p22.
Blues wanted 16 for caleb marchbank trade who has been injured a lot.
P22 was fogarty who ironically is now at carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retiring Zach Tuohy announces retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back