Past Zach Tuohy

Remove this Banner Ad

How's Huddo the douche saying Blues not giving up any ground on Gibbs

What about Adel FFS??!

The media hate for CFC is driving me insane
It's not really HATE I don't think. it's more 'Hen Pecking'.
Most don't have the brains to hold a decent opinion so they jump on the bandwagon of other's opinions (Cornes etc)

Fyfe is a possibility mate - I can feel it in my traders bones.

Talk of trading for Fyfe reminds me of an ex-alcoholic saying they might just have a little shandy.

The Club made clear last year that we were going to rebuild from the ground up. No short cuts. Getting in Fyfe for high value draft picks (and losing Gibbs) would be an abandonment of our slowly, slowly rebuild policy. Fyfe would be coming into a side no way near ready to be top 4. We don't have a forward line. Our tall backs still need years to settle. Our wings and half-forwards are anonymous. We would be a joke.

Talk of trading for Fyfe reminds me of an ex-alcoholic saying they might just have a little shandy.

The Club made clear last year that we were going to rebuild from the ground up. No short cuts. Getting in Fyfe for high value draft picks (and losing Gibbs) would be an abandonment of our slowly, slowly rebuild policy. Fyfe would be coming into a side no way near ready to be top 4. We don't have a forward line. Our tall backs still need years to settle. Our wings and half-forwards are anonymous. We would be a joke.

Bullshit.
All we would be doing is replacing Gibbs with Fyfe if we could get Adelaide to pony up and Freo accept it.

It's not a shortcut, we are losing one of our best midfielders in a midfield where we have no depth already, imagine the strain that is going to put on young Cripps and Murphy.
Trying to replace Gibbs with a batter player at no cost to us is the right move

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullshit.
All we would be doing is replacing Gibbs with Fyfe if we could get Adelaide to pony up and Freo accept it.

It's not a shortcut, we are losing one of our best midfielders in a midfield where we have no depth already, imagine the strain that is going to put on young Cripps and Murphy.
Trying to replace Gibbs with a batter player at no cost to us is the right move

I agree with that one part of your post.

In other words a team that finished 14th last year can happily look forward to finishing maybe 14th next year if we're lucky because we have managed to replace Gibbs for Fyfe. Let's not worry about the future players we have lost from those draft picks who might become champions in 5 years time in positions we have recognised we will need players. What a joke.

SOS showed last year he enjoys strategic thinking. He is showing this year he enjoys strategic thinking and has been patient when BF hotheads have been calling for ACTION. I have no doubt Fyfe is under absolutely no consideration. But if I am wrong about that, well if you think I went on long and loud over MM it will be as if you heard nothing - until I get banned for "negativity".

Glad to get Smedts, but getting a 1st rounder as well again from Geelong is just brilliant
You rate him a bit Kingy? Not being facetious, genuinely interested as I know nothing about him save for some of the less than complementary posts around here.

So just so we are clear.....we are getting a future first rounder AND Smedts for Tuohy? Jackpot baby!
Well we give them our 2017 second rounder apparently. Not quite as good, but I guess it's more fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Zach Tuohy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back