Zak Jones head high bump on Hannan

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee, I really hope he doesn't go for that.
Was contesting the ball and any high contact was the fault of the opposition player bending over.
The only other option for Jones would've been for him to stop to wait for the opposition player to collect the ball and then effect the tackle.
Which, in my mind, would be a disappointing perspective for the MRP to impose in this situation.

Now why would you put the Bugg video in the Jones thread?

Surely not to deflect from Jones.

But thanks anyway, the video does show Mills initiating contact by attempting to elbow Bugg with his right arm and then getting hit in his glass jaw.

Now why would you put the Bugg video in the Jones thread?

Surely not to deflect from Jones.

But thanks anyway, the video does show Mills initiating contact by attempting to elbow Bugg with his right arm and then getting hit in his glass jaw.
Jones doesn't deserve to be suspended period

Gee, I really hope he doesn't go for that.
Was contesting the ball and any high contact was the fault of the opposition player bending over.
The only other option for Jones would've been for him to stop to wait for the opposition player to collect the ball and then effect the tackle.
Which, in my mind, would be a disappointing perspective for the MRP to impose in this situation.
Ball first. Not everyone is prius who gets to the pill second his whole career

This for the Swans fans. Can you get your boy off.
It would help if you would include a video or at least a photo if you actually want an opinion. I, of course, cannot get Zak Jones "off" as I have no influence with the match review panel and would not exercise it if I did. The case will, presumably, be judged on it's merits. I am unable to give an opinion as I cannot recall the incident and a quick search did not bring anything up.

A small bit of advice for future posts. You may not want to restrict yourself to opinions from fans of the club the player plays for. I would suggest more impartial advice might come from neutral supporters if you are interested (although this is BigFooty so maybe not). You might also want to consider putting a little more effort into your posts so they don't come across as something misplaced from Bay 13.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the that. Should be allowed to straight line the footy so long as someone isn't bent over front on and you can damage the spine.

Yeah, obviously I may have some bias, but he didn't jump, just went straight for the footy, and got it too. He braced for contact, but didn't ram it into Hannan (if that makes sense). I'd like to think if the same thing happened to a Swans player, I'd be completely fine with it.

Yeah, obviously I may have some bias, but he didn't jump, just went straight for the footy, and got it too. He braced for contact, but didn't ram it into Hannan (if that makes sense). I'd like to think if the same thing happened to a Swans player, I'd be completely fine with it.

A player should be allowed to run in a straight line at the footy. I don't like the look of Jones pulling up waiting for Hannan to get it then tackling him. I don't care what jumpers the players were in if Jones missed a GF for that it would be a disgrace.

I still can't believe Jones got off. He actually changed directions to bump Hannan and got him flush in the head.

Sydney discount. The AFL, Foxtel and Ch 7 lose tens of millions of dollars if the Swans dont go deep in to Finals.

You think they would let an independent MRP get in the way of that?

You may as well believe Brownlow favourites get the same treatment as list plodders...

Remove this Banner Ad

Zak Jones head high bump on Hannan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back