zoom finals x factors zoom

Remove this Banner Ad

Judging by last year Travis Cloke and Dane Swan from the Pies are capable of exploding in a finals series.

who do u think will be gr8 finals x factors

geelong - ablett, byrnes,
hawthorn - frank, hodge, williams
dogs- coon dog, welsh
nth - wells, hale

Byrnes will find it hard to be an X factor from the grandstand you twit... Can't see Byrnes being in Geelongs best 22 come finals time, hence the fact he was omitted this week despite Kelly, being an automatic selection to come back in....

i would say wells is their x factor forgive me if im wrong but aron edwards is out with a broken leg

Do you have any idea at all mate - Edwards is back in the Senior 22 this week !!! Fist you monnate Byrnes as an X factor when he hasn't been picked and then you state that Edwards has a broken leg... TAXI !!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milney!!!!!:p:D
In all seriousness i think that Kosi could be the x factor we have been missing , and if Riewoldt continues his current form some backmen will be in serious strife.

Cats...hmm. they are the factor as a whole. i suppose its gonna be picking the right mix from their depth.

Hawks. They've got a few. If Buddy can seriously fire up, Mitchell can impose himself in the midfield and Hodge can marshall everything from chb-chf, they've got a good chance of matching the cats. if they can get physical (and fair) like the dockers did, they may catch the cats out...doubtful though.
they've also got some smoky forwards in Roughead, Cyril and Williams :p
hawks v cats would be so good to watch if both peak in the same game.

Dogs. Gotta be Hahn. big man capable of swinging a game. Him and Johnson have to be the keys to the dogs, and possibly akers experience and Williams getting back to assist with the 2 hawk towers.

Roos. experience. They need harvey and grant to get close. that and Wells to bring some magic.

Pies. All about Mick. Mastercoach who just pops up with surprises. It will be a matter of him pulling another ace from his sleeve. i reckon Anthony and Dawes could be those keys this year. Alongside Rocca and Medhurst, and with Fraser back, plus didak to call on if need be. Shaw who?
star team, not a team of stars.

Saints. Kosi, Milne, Riewoldt. they need these 3 forwards to step up and deliver on the promise of 4 years ago. Riewoldt is possibly the strongest mark in the finals, and the other 2 need to assist him. i reckon the saints are a shady for the prelims...i really do.

Crows + Swans are in a similar basket. Both will be relying on experience in both mature players and team finals experience. Neither can match it with the hawks, cats or dogs, and the pies would have both their measures home or away. This is a victorian finals series this year.

[

Crows + Swans are in a similar basket. Both will be relying on experience in both mature players and team finals experience. Neither can match it with the hawks, cats or dogs, and the pies would have both their measures home or away. This is a victorian finals series this year.[/quote]

Disagree with this - Crows were within a kick of both the dogs and hawks and were leading with a couple of minutes or less to go. And were looking ok against Collingwood until we lost Burton and Porplyzia before half time.
And the Swans - have dropped off but would never write them off at this time of the year.

For the crows - I actually think if we're any chance to progress deep into September(unlikely) we need our young kids to step up to the plate a la 97,98 when a young McLeod, Goodwin, Edwards, Roo etc let the footy world know who they are. As for x-factor - Jason Porplyzia - playing with 1 arm may be the man from the crows to light up the finals series.

While the top 3 seem to have been a cut above the rest - realistically I think any of 2 to 8 could beat each other on any given day but honestly, unless everything goes right, all footy gods work together (and a bout of gastro runs through the city of Geelong) this is Geelong's flag to lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

zoom finals x factors zoom

Remove this Banner Ad

Back