Player Watch #10: Shane Edwards - Retiring at Seasons end

Remove this Banner Ad

Mixed emotions right now.

Gutted, as he was pretty much my favourite Tiger for the last 10 years, What an absolute star he was.

But Happy he is going out on his terms, when the time is probably right.

I wish him all the best for the future

Absolute Tiger Legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This just shows how sudden it can creep up on you.
It was only a couple of seasons ago and people were saying with his game smarts and fitness he’s the type that could go on and on like Burgoyne, and it was hard to argue.
It’s just happened suddenly for Shedda but what a great player he was.

Last edited:
He’s said to be very keen on list management and recruiting so I’m thinking we will give him a role in that area of the Club. Hope so
He has been in the room on draft night for at least the last 2 drafts I think?

Is very measured and thoughtful + clearly has a great football brain - I would trust him to identify young talent - the important things, not just racking up the stats but players who have meaningful telling possessions that bring teammates into the game - just like he did for all of those years...

Not sure how permanently settled he is in Melbourne but would be a great appointment to become an apprentice in the Tigers recruiting team + would be perfect to identify and mentor future indigenous talent.

I'm actually sadder than I thought I would be....

This just shows how sudden it can creep up on you.
It was only a couple of seasons ago and people were saying with his game smarts and fitness he’s the Tele that could go on and on like Burgoyne, and it was hard to argue.
It’s just happened suddenly for Shedda but what a great player he was.
I like how in his comments he said that he recognised that he likely could not contribute beyond this year - selfless to the end...

Absolute star. Going to miss him.

Recall the first time I went to the footy by myself would have been 10-12 years ago, would have been 12-14 at the time and all game two Richmond supporting morons behind me were abusing Edwards all game. Every time he touched it they would make a comment. Was infuriating, desperately wanted to turn around and give them a mouthful but thought better of it given I was scrawny teenager. Have regretted not saying something ever since cause with every game Edwards has proved them and many others who couldn't see his brilliance wrong ever since.

Sheddas best
That toe poke too Cadds.
Best bit of play I've ever seen
I actually love his kick to Grigg in the 3rd qt of the Adelaide GF. It's just such a beautiful pinpoint kick and such a pivotal goal in that game!
What an absolute legend this guy has turned out to be for our club. All the best in retirement!

I actually love his kick to Grigg in the 3rd qt of the Adelaide GF. It's just such a beautiful pinpoint kick and such a pivotal goal in that game!
What an absolute legend this guy has turned out to be for our club. All the best in retirement!
So many tricks up his sleeve.
So underrated outside of Punt Road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back