Old Scholars Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I just think more people will say stuff it I will just work half a Saturday or go to the gym.
Or as the AFL want us to, go to AFL games interstate or eventually here

This page is usually pretty busy with talks of new signing's. Very quiet for season 2023.

Anyone have any updates ?
I am hearing St Virgil’s have retained most of their key players, will have lost a couple but have kept most of their best. DOSA losing Reeves is a big out for them, have had some other core players re-sign though. Uni looking stronger with addition of Luke Graham, Tom Cleary and a couple of others. Hutchins may lose a few of their older core players after the flag they just won. Haven’t heard anything much from OHA nor from Richmond

Virgil’s have got Oakley, Geard and Brayden Webb from Glenorchy. No doubt have got others in from elsewhere

I heard the ruckman Glenorchy recruited from Victoria (can’t recall his name) was there for five mins before also joining St Virgil’s, is that true?

Wonder how Glenorchy people feel about all those ex pies players at Virgils?
is it odd to anyone else that you can be a great of a club in dire straits, still be able to play on ground but have no interest in going and playing to help that club out.

Wonder how Glenorchy people feel about all those ex pies players at Virgils?
is it odd to anyone else that you can be a great of a club in dire straits, still be able to play on ground but have no interest in going and playing to help that club out.
Absolutely. And I think Jaye has had a massive part in the downward spiral of Glenorchy. Fair enough that he departed the club and TSL. Gave his all for 10+ years there, but then get everyone to follow is poor form imo. Particularly taking young players with him

I heard the ruckman Glenorchy recruited from Victoria (can’t recall his name) was there for five mins before also joining St Virgil’s, is that true?
Heard that too, have also heard he’s moved on from there now as well due to shit not to do with footy. Unsure what but just heard whispers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow that is left of field, what’s the connection to Mt Pleasant and why would he ditch Hutchins for them?
Grew up around the club. His Father and uncle are club champions. One (I believe his father), is in the Mt Pleasant Team of the Century

Last edited:
Welcome to the roosters! 🐔

Hamish Barron has made the move to the TCA after a few years at North Hobart, winning the Dev Leaugue Best and Fairest and playing numerous senior games! We are excited to see what Hammer can bring to the table this year! 🐔

Matty Luttrell comes from a soccer back ground but has fit in seamlessly and looks like one to watch in 2023! 🐔

Sam Clark has been in the paddock for a few years but after seeing younger brother Tom “Lenny” Clark dominate the Old Scholars for the past couple seasons, he wants throw his hat in the ring for best footballer in the family!
His toughness and speed has shown although preseason! 🐔

Brodie Laycock comes to us from Glenorchy to play unlong side his Uncle Justin “Jobby” O’Brien, his height and marking ability has him in good stead for an exciting year! 🐔🐔

Glad to have you here lads, can’t wait to watch you all turn it on! 🔥🐔

From Dosa’s page.

Beans looked horrid. DOSA look like they've stepped it up a notch on last year, first half was top shelf stuff.
Uni hopeless. Got bent over by SVC.
Ships smashed Richmond at the Shipyard.
Average winning margin of 113 pts in round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back