Women's Footy AFLW season 2023 - Season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, they may become competent.

We may have missed out by going early on Trent.
Finding it hard not to feel that there won't be much in the way of immediately reining in the draft concessions being rained on WC.

Reading through AFLW media is going to become a less pleasant pastime, too.

Who knows whether she can coach, but all of a sudden WC become relevant.
I suspect she will be very good and excellent for their younger players> She is also media savvy so the Worst are gonna love her . The challenge may be coaching a WA based team which has to travel so much and how that factors in to your planning.

Great move by her. Come to WA for three years, a well resourced club and get that team while their young high draft picks start hitting their stride

Who knows whether she can coach, but all of a sudden WC become relevant.
Didn't she briefly coach at Geelong already?
I don't think there's any doubt she has the brains and will be in the system a long time to come. If you were taking odds on the first woman to coach a men's AFL team in the future she'd possibly be favourite
It's the wrong timing for us to have her take over from mumbles, unfortunately. She won't be ready in 12 months or however long he has. Give her 5-7 years though as a head coach in AFLW then senior assistant in AFL and it might happen.

Didn't she briefly coach at Geelong already?
I don't think there's any doubt she has the brains and will be in the system a long time to come. If you were taking odds on the first woman to coach a men's AFL team in the future she'd possibly be favourite
It's the wrong timing for us to have her take over from mumbles, unfortunately. She won't be ready in 12 months or however long he has. Give her 5-7 years though as a head coach in AFLW then senior assistant in AFL and it might happen.
She was an assistant in the mens side

This is kind of a downgrade move for her? sideways at the very least tbh

I don't know about you but I find it hard to line the two up in terms of her development - what exactly was her role at Geelong? Senior coach is a pretty significant gig. Clarke went from an AFL assistant/ruck coach with the crows to their AFLW coach - I wonder if he saw that as a step up, sideways or down?

Not really it's a lot different being an assistant then the main person in charge.

You have more to deal with then just coaching.

It's better template then coaching in the VFL.

You can do more trial and error in the AFLW. But also learn to deal with the media, post match pressers, sponsors.

As someone said previously could end up being for development and a longer term goal of hers to become a head coach in the men's.

Not really it's a lot different being an assistant then the main person in charge.

You have more to deal with then just coaching.

It's better template then coaching in the VFL.

You can do more trial and error in the AFLW. But also learn to deal with the media, post match pressers, sponsors.

As someone said previously could end up being for development and a longer term goal of hers to become a head coach in the men's.
Mens comp is a lot further advanced than the Womens though

Season is double in length too

The gap in quality is very big too, tactics are different in AFLW due to it, need experience in the Mens game if you are going to push up there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ayyoooo-ayoo.gif

Oh wow, thought Hyde loved the club

this was her best year by far, finally started to see something in her

If I heard she was leaving last year I wouldve celebrated, different story this year, Ah well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back