Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:

So at the end of round 3 (Melbourne, Sydney, Richmond and Pies have played 4 games) our picks are currently:
7 (pies)
11 (port)
17 (Freo)
30 (saints)

Bring on the death ride!
End of round 4 (Melbourne, Sydney, Pies and Richmond have played 5 games) currently our picks are:
8 (pies)
12 (Freo)
13 (port)
30 (saints)

Not trying to be controversial, but if the mods were any good in here there would definitely be a line chart pinned to the top of the page.
You are vastly overestimating the work I'm prepared to do for the people

You are vastly overestimating the work I'm prepared to do for the people
Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood havent really impressed in their wins and we are still on for what I would call a massive win. Pies miss 8 and Port missing a prelim.

Port were never missing finals and our pick was basically always whatever they do in finals. I'm not convinced they can keep Dixon on the park which messes structure and their defence should still be too leaky when the midfield cant win every contest in finals.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

Collingwood havent really impressed in their wins and we are still on for what I would call a massive win. Pies miss 8 and Port missing a prelim.

Port were never missing finals and our pick was basically always whatever they do in finals. I'm not convinced they can keep Dixon on the park which messes structure and their defence should still be too leaky when the midfield cant win every contest in finals.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

Rozee and Butters are so good that it works so far. If they have off days then they clearly won't be as strong

Dont lose the passion for the death ride team! With some rounds under the belt we can close in the parameters on these teams and it still looks good!

-Saints have shown they can play Ross/Freo 2012 footy and then Ross/Freo 2016-18 in the same game of footy, right in that 7-14 bracket.
-Pies just look a mess and poor defensively with giving up too much momentum to opposition, they have the bye as their only saving grace but every chance they don't pick themselves up and are in the same boat as Saints 6-12 for them. There are too many good teams for them to get back to top 6.
-Port as Snuff mentioned, Dixon is like Tex for Adelaide, key piece of the forward magic. Marshall is way off in form and a likely injury to Dixon will see them falter. Likely story is they still top 5 but their history in finals performances is big factor. Can take their pick from 15-18 to 11-14.

Just need the boys to get it done today and expose Port's weaknesses to the comp and we are laughing!

Obi Wan GIF by Star Wars

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 4.59.08 pm.png

Putting off doing some housework on a Saturday morning :tearsofjoy:
EOY predictions via the squiggle, interestingly they have port finishing on top.
Included Freo for completions sake but obviously not hoping for a better pick from our end!
Will update each week

EDIT - ran the squiggle again (GWS on top) and adjusted for our own lack of 2nd rounder. Thanks for heads up freo_leo29!
EDIT 2 - updated for end of round 5 - good results from Pies (bye) and saints loss, Port inflict more pain on us :\

Last edited:
View attachment 1958084
Putting off doing some housework on a Saturday morning :tearsofjoy:
EOY predictions via the squiggle, interestingly they have port finishing on top.
Included Freo for completions sake but obviously not hoping for a better pick from our end!
Will update each week
I'm getting a way different squiggle to you

Port are 5th and lose the semi finals

Pies are 12th, (pick 7)

Saints are 10th (pick 29 after Norths priorities)

Freo are 7th and lose week 1 (we also don't hold our 2nd rounder)

I'm getting a way different squiggle to you

Port are 5th and lose the semi finals

Pies are 12th, (pick 7)

Saints are 10th (pick 29 after Norths priorities)

Freo are 7th and lose week 1 (we also don't hold our 2nd rounder)
The squiggle uses its 'flag' rankings to do its finals predictor I think, not the main ladder predictor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back