Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

He does most of his damage receiving in the centre square ahead of the ball - and then he bursts through any congestion, breaks lines and sets us up to score. But he's being covered off and we're not playng well enough to get it to him.

When that's happening, there needs to be a plan B where he switches to ball hunter rather than forward handballball receiver.
Something needs to change. Whether it's internal for him as you say, or he moves forward and we change our midfield unit, we need him to get into it

He does most of his damage receiving in the centre square ahead of the ball - and then he bursts through any congestion, breaks lines and sets us up to score. But he's being covered off and we're not playng well enough to get it to him.

When that's happening, there needs to be a plan B where he switches to ball hunter rather than forward handballball receiver.
Ross summed it up. Tag JDG, take away Moore's effectiveness and what he didn't mention was to take IQ out of the game as well

Ross summed it up. Tag JDG, take away Moore's effectiveness and what he didn't mention was to take IQ out of the game as well
It's more than that though. I can't remember how IQ went in the Granny - but the first two occurred in that game - JDG still had a couple of wow moments but Dunkley kept him pretty quiet and Moore struggled on his ankle and Daniher.

It's more than that though. I can't remember how IQ went in the Granny - but the first two occurred in that game - JDG still had a couple of wow moments but Dunkley kept him pretty quiet and Moore struggled on his ankle and Daniher.
I'm at a loss other than we have a lot of work ahead of us. We could just as easily beat Brisbane and get back on track. I just don't know if we can though

Trying to be the hero? I see it as trying to do his all to lift his team but failing at the moment. He won us a flag with a little help from his friends. He is struggling at the moment as is the team. He worked hard over the summer. It's a collective mindset at the moment.

How many times against the Saints in his 13 possessions did he try bust through 3-4 tackles? Needs to start looking for the fast handball instead of taking on every player he sees.

How many times against the Saints in his 13 possessions did he try bust through 3-4 tackles? Needs to start looking for the fast handball instead of taking on every player he sees.
There was no one there for him to dish to. I saw this happen on numerous occasions. They continually outnumbered us whenever there was a contest. That final play when he was held and not given the free and then got pinged for holding the ball was a perfect example. Where was the support?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He and Noble had nearly games, kept breaking free and then ...
Very much true, though at the end of the day I reckon Jordy was instrumental in pretty much all of the attacking plays that put us up the first half.

He was then far from our worst in the second, there’s little you can do when almost none of your teammates provide a run.

Got Ball Tonight but Disposals where Disappointing
At least he showed some aggression and got the ball moving out of the centre. Between the table full of loud Irishman, the soundless screen, horse races or similar blasting from another screen, the potency of the house red and various other diversions, Jordie struck me as a damn sight more likely to help get us over the line than most of his midfield colleagues.

His ball use looks so lazy.

Breaks free in the center square then just hacks it sideways to the boundary line.

Bizarre loopy chip balls to put teammates in hospital.

Did some great things and some horrible things

Got Ball Tonight but Disposals where Disappointing
Well summarised TD. Winning it in the middle but not as clean with disposals as he would like.

We will need him to have a big game against Port.

10 coaches' votes for Jordy. Good analysis from you and a few others.
I don't think they took into account his bad decision making and disposals yesterday. Did you miss the second half? Newcombe didn't do it for you. Sounds like a sideswipe to me or you just aren't able to see what's happening in a game. Would love to hear how you saw his game

I don't think they took into account his bad decision making and disposals yesterday. Did you miss the second half? Newcombe didn't do it for you. Sounds like a sideswipe to me or you just aren't able to see what's happening in a game. Would love to hear how you saw his game
Newcombe's kicking was not a strength either.

Jordie had some errant kicks but was by far BOG and the coaches of both sides were in agreement.

Jordie had some errant kicks but was by far BOG and the coaches of both sides were in agreement.
Jordy was outstanding I thought, but frustrating too. Same with Noble and Josh. It's us at the moment. Not that far away. Some really good plays, but just not finishing our work.

JDG was very good but also a bit frustrating yesterday. It was just annoying seeing Newcombe constantly getting the ball out in the second half. I think we have a lot of improvement to come, it's just been a frustrating season thus far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back